Almond Milk?

Options
I am thinking of swapping to Almond Milk, has anyone else tried it? What do you think of it taste wise and have you noticed any health benefits?

Thanks in advance :smile:

Replies

• MDWilliams1857
    MDWilliams1857 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Its gross. At least to me it is. A lot of people like it but I prefer my regular whole milk.
  • tjk71
    tjk71 Posts: 167
    Options
    I didn't like it at first.....but continued to drink it because I wasn't going to throw out the whole container I bought. I use unsweetened vanilla and by the time I was done w/ the container I loved it! Will never drink milk again!
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I switched when I realized I was having adverse effects from regular milk. It tastes fine to me. I use it in smoothies and on cereal-I'm not a "drink a glass of milk" kind of person. My kids absolutely love it for that, though. We drink the regular unsweetened Almond milk. The main health benefit I've noticed is less stomach issues due to not drinking regular milk. :wink:
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    I love the taste - surprisingly a LOT. I use silk original. I like the low cal aspect too.
  • dcyr009
    Options
    I love it. I have it every morning with my cerial. Silk brand has one with only 30 calories. Has more calcium then milk. I also add it to my coffee.
  • dfborders
    dfborders Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I actually switched to Almond Milk because I love dairy products and am trying to eat a more well rounded diet. I get the Vanilla Almond Milk - Sweetened - I only need a half cup for my cereal which is 45 calories and it makes my healthy (not always so yummy) cereal taste really good. I will sometimes even have a glass in the evening if I am craving something sweet - one cup is only 90 calories and helps to take away the nighttime munchies. I still drink my fat free/skim milk with dinner (1 or 2 cups) I will never give up my milk completely:love:
  • danaweston
    Options
    I am thinking of swapping to Almond Milk, has anyone else tried it? What do you think of it taste wise and have you noticed any health benefits?

Thanks in advance :smile:
    I like it and I like coconut milk ( vanilla unsweetened ) too I also like cooking with coconut oil. I keep in in the fridge in a jar and have to chip it out to use it. Very clean
    I did not abandon regular dairy though... I keep both
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I just started using it this week. I love it!! It's great on cereal.
  • mom2mozart
    mom2mozart Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I thought it was really bad. I bought the no sugar added kind, it was like slighty bitter toasty white water. BAD. I am happy to use a few hundred calories each day on skim cow milk.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I love it!
  • chljlleal
    chljlleal Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I love it in overnight oats, cereal and coffee.
    I have found a recipe for almond milk and apple pancakes that look lush and want to try this weekend
    But I can't stand it in porridge as it goes bitter, so I'm thinking I might make the porridge with water and then use the milk to cool it down after.
  • rmchapman4
    rmchapman4 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I love it!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I love that it has way less carbs.
  • skinny_cigarettes
    Options
    it is the most amazing invention in the entire world!! i'm in love with it and i've only gone through one bottle/carton/whatever haha :)
    doesn't taste quite like 'milk' but it's still incredible
  • butterflylover527
    butterflylover527 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I don't like to drink it plain, it's just gross that way to me. But I DO love using almond milk in my shakes instead of regular milk. You can taste it a little bit but it's not bad. Plus is saves a LOT of calories hahaah.
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Personally I think it's too sweet.
  • SusieCincinnati
    Options
    Absolutely love it! I buy the vanilla and Silk has a new one out-Dark Chocolate. I use it in my protein shake every morning. More calcium, less calories. The taste is like a milkshake in the morning. I like milk but I am hooked on this stuff!
  • sassychicamy12
    Options
    I love Almond Milk!!! It's awesome in shakes and smoothies. Much less calories if you go with the unsweetened version. Adds a great taste. I don't mind it in my cereal but it is a little thicker than regular milk so that might not be your thing.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    My wife and I switched months ago. Besides having more calcium than dairy milk, it has a longer shelf life. You can buy it and let it sit in your fridge for a month or more before you open it.

The "regular" is somewhat sweetened to make the taste more palatable. I'm hardcore and go with the unsweetened myself: 30 calories per 8 ounces.
  • NanoBear
    Options
    I was going to switch for the lower carbs, right up until I discovered it's 3.5 times the price of regular milk here in western australia. I just can't afford it.