No More Excuses - Week 9

Options

Replies

• tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I am having a hard time today getting motivated. Not on the healthy living, diet, exercise deal but my daily life in general. It is the first day that the oldest and youngest are back in school and i am home. Worked yesterday so I have a routine at work that goes nicely. But today, middle kid and I are back to homeschooling and she is rearing to go but when she is doing her own thing I am wondering aimlessly around the house. I have a list a mile long to do and can't seem to get it together. I have to leave in three hours to drive the 40 miles each way to take youngest to PT and I need to accomplish alot before then but I don't see it happening. Somebody shoot me with the motivation stick please.

Okay....so I'm not much into the whole shooting thing but let's see.......do you have stairs???? Go run up and down them a couple of times. That might get you going? Step outside just to get some fresh air....sometimes that helps......Sit down and right all of your blessings.....by the time you finish (a couple of hours) it will be time to leave!!!! :happy: If that all fails, I guess I'm not a very good motivator!!!!

hope it gets better for you!

Thanks Ann! I actually am into the whole shooting thing. I love target shooting at my dad's gun range. Anyway, off topic, meatballs are made, half in the crockpot with spaghetti sauce for dinner, half going into freezer for later, school is getting done, laundry and dishes are done, I am now on a roll!!!

Amanda...Me too. My husband is a hunter and my youngest is heading in that direction. My hubby wants me to learn to handle a gun and is taking me to the shooting range as soon as it gets above freezing outside. I'm too whimpy for freezing temps:laugh:
  • tigermom79
    Options
    I am having a hard time today getting motivated. Not on the healthy living, diet, exercise deal but my daily life in general. It is the first day that the oldest and youngest are back in school and i am home. Worked yesterday so I have a routine at work that goes nicely. But today, middle kid and I are back to homeschooling and she is rearing to go but when she is doing her own thing I am wondering aimlessly around the house. I have a list a mile long to do and can't seem to get it together. I have to leave in three hours to drive the 40 miles each way to take youngest to PT and I need to accomplish alot before then but I don't see it happening. Somebody shoot me with the motivation stick please.

Okay....so I'm not much into the whole shooting thing but let's see.......do you have stairs???? Go run up and down them a couple of times. That might get you going? Step outside just to get some fresh air....sometimes that helps......Sit down and right all of your blessings.....by the time you finish (a couple of hours) it will be time to leave!!!! :happy: If that all fails, I guess I'm not a very good motivator!!!!

Thanks Ann! I actually am into the whole shooting thing. I love target shooting at my dad's gun range. Anyway, off topic, meatballs are made, half in the crockpot with spaghetti sauce for dinner, half going into freezer for later, school is getting done, laundry and dishes are done, I am now on a roll!!!

Amanda...Me too. My husband is a hunter and my youngest is heading in that direction. My hubby wants me to learn to handle a gun and is taking me to the shooting range as soon as it gets above freezing outside. I'm too whimpy for freezing temps:laugh:

Okay you macho women you!!!!!! I have shot a gun...Heck my dad was Chief of Police so I grew up with a loaded one around all the time. God it scares me! Anyway......I finally shot his gun after he passed away (my brother made me shoot it one day) I did hit the target. Then I have also shot a 22 rifle.....that is about the extent of it. Having a house full of guys you would think I would be more into it. Tammy I'm like you.....warm weather thank you very much. The guys always want to go out when it is like sub-zero it seems like! I'm a wimp!!!! Amanda....glad you found your motivation!!!
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options

Okay you macho women you!!!!!! I have shot a gun...Heck my dad was Chief of Police so I grew up with a loaded one around all the time. God it scares me! Anyway......I finally shot his gun after he passed away (my brother made me shoot it one day) I did hit the target. Then I have also shot a 22 rifle.....that is about the extent of it. Having a house full of guys you would think I would be more into it. Tammy I'm like you.....warm weather thank you very much. The guys always want to go out when it is like sub-zero it seems like! I'm a wimp!!!! Amanda....glad you found your motivation!!!

Actually I target shot the other day and my safety glasses keep fogging up, it was very irritating. For Christmas I received a PINK 5 shot 38 special. It is totally awesome. I probably will never be the great hunter and that gun is not for hunting, but for self-defense. Anne, every gun in our house is "loaded" but none of them have any bullets in them. The kids have been taught every gun is loaded, if that makes sense. The bullets are stored seperately. My ds loves hunting and is a deer, and turkey hunter. My dh used to love hunting but since his back injury doesn't go hunting anymore but takes ds.
  • tigermom79
    Options

Actually I target shot the other day and my safety glasses keep fogging up, it was very irritating. For Christmas I received a PINK 5 shot 38 special. It is totally awesome. I probably will never be the great hunter and that gun is not for hunting, but for self-defense. Anne, every gun in our house is "loaded" but none of them have any bullets in them. The kids have been taught every gun is loaded, if that makes sense. The bullets are stored seperately. My ds loves hunting and is a deer, and turkey hunter. My dh used to love hunting but since his back injury doesn't go hunting anymore but takes ds.

You are a very smart parent teaching your kids that all guns are "loaded"! I admire you for that! Hope you enjoy your new 38!!!! In fact that is what my dad's was (I thinks).....38 snubnose revolver with a pearl handle grip. (he was chief in 73 before all the new fangled stuff) as he would say:laugh:

well.....I think the wii is calling my name. I am in the family room alone. Better grab it before someone else beats me to it!!!
  • AmandaJ
    Options

You are a very smart parent teaching your kids that all guns are "loaded"! I admire you for that! Hope you enjoy your new 38!!!! In fact that is what my dad's was (I thinks).....38 snubnose revolver with a pearl handle grip. (he was chief in 73 before all the new fangled stuff) as he would say:laugh:

well.....I think the wii is calling my name. I am in the family room alone. Better grab it before someone else beats me to it!!!

Oh how funny, our Wii is also not being used and it is all mine, MINE!!!! (Evil laughter) :laugh:
  • tamelab
    Options
    Amanda and Ann...My husband also hunts deer and turkeys. I, however, will never be a hunter because there is absolutely nothing that appeals to me about getting out of the bed in the freezing weather at 4:30 a.m. Our freezer holds mostly venison and right now a whole turkey that he got last spring. My youngest got interested in duck hunting last year and now is talking about squirrel hunting. Our theory is if you shoot it you have to eat it. It took me a while to get used to venison and now I love it but I don't see squirrel in my dining future.

I have to get the Wii fit. It sounds like ya'll are having too much fun. I just finished day 5 of the 30-Day Shred. My plan is to finish it up and then in February maybe start exercising on the Wii.

Where is everybody else today? Ya'll doing okay? Gotta type 2 more hours tonight and then off to bed around midnight. Sleep well.
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    I don't know where eveybody else is, our team has been dropping rapidly in numbers lately!! I wonder if Amy is still visiting her family?
  • tamelab
    Options
    I don't know where eveybody else is, our team has been dropping rapidly in numbers lately!! I wonder if Amy is still visiting her family?

I don't know. I sent her a message but haven't heard back. Hopefully she will log back in soon.
  • tigermom79
    Options

I don't know. I sent her a message but haven't heard back. Hopefully she will log back in soon.

I hope we didn't run them all off!!!!! I will check the last thread to see if they got lost over there somewhere. I will also send messages to some of them!

PHEWWWWW....another 184 calories burned along with the 300 at Curves. I really think I burn more than 300 but until I get an HRM I am guessing! ;) I am looking at them, just got to work it into the finances!!!!
  • justjack51
    justjack51 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Im still here. Ate a lot today, but worked out a lot today too.

Schools are cancelled here tomorrow, and it hasn't even started snowing yet. Weird.

OK, I have my binge day locked down for this Friday. Eating at my favorite BBQ place (best fries ever) for lunch and taking the family out for mexican for dinner. Planning on having a healthy breakfast (protein shake and toast w PB), and working out.that day to try to temper the effect.

Weight was back to normal today, I drank a ton of water to flush all the extra sodium out of me.

Tomorrow I am going to run. I was only able to go for 2 miles on Monday, hoping I am feeling stronger tomorrow. My latest goal has been to do 5k (3.3Miles) on the treadmill, but I was unable to do it the last 2 tries. Maybe tomorrow.

Trying to get back into a routine at work, actually lifted weights with someone for the 1st time. It was fun. I think we both went a little harder than we normally do.

Sounds like everyone is getting after it. Keep up the good work.
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    I JUST RAN FOR 30 MINUTES STRAIGHT AND MILEAGE WAS 4.22 MILES. Sorry I am yelling, I am excited. Burnt 384 calories on the Wii. I love that thing!!
  • amaline
    amaline Posts: 84
    Options
    Hey Everyone, I'm BACK!

Sorry for the long absence but I was super busy with my friends and family over the holidays. I had an amazing time and I am so please I decided to go in the end. I know I ate too much but it was all pretty healthy stuff (except the cheese which I totally blissed out on) and I was doing heaps of walks and swimming and surfing as well so hopefully didn't do too much damage. I'm not going to weigh myself till Sunday to give my body a chance to balance out again.

I am struggling with being back at work and with the COLD! It's even worse after spending 10 days in the sun! I have a full on week this week so am going to get back into C25K at the weekend. I bought some fancy schamncy running shoes in NZ and have told myself I HAVE to run since I spent so much on them. I am struggling with the idea of getting back into exercising at the moment so you all need to kick my butt if I give you lame excuses.

I haven't had a chance to read through and catch up on all the news but I hope you are all well and had a fantastic holiday season!

Amy
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone. I am up and getting ready to take my daughter Anna Grace to school, then when I get back I am going to give my son Jacob some breakfast and eat a little something myself and then get on my bike and do my exercise. I am back!!!!!!!!! And I am doing this!!!!!!!!!
  • tamelab
    Options
    Good morning all...I'm off to the gym this morning, have to type 8 hours, have to fit the 30 Day Shred in somewhere, pay bills, run errands, oh and sleep somewhere in there. Sounds like my normal day.

Jack...You are doing great on the running. I'm stilll stuck at week 6 of C25K. I will move forward this week!

Amanda...Great job! You are ready for your next 5K now!

Amy...Glad you are back and had a wonderful trip. I will bug you to make sure you are running again by next week.

Laura...Good job on getting your exercise done early in the a.m. You can do this and you will do this!

Have a great day everyone.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Good morning all...I'm off to the gym this morning, have to type 8 hours, have to fit the 30 Day Shred in somewhere, pay bills, run errands, oh and sleep somewhere in there. Sounds like my normal day.

Jack...You are doing great on the running. I'm stilll stuck at week 6 of C25K. I will move forward this week!

Amanda...Great job! You are ready for your next 5K now!

Amy...Glad you are back and had a wonderful trip. I will bug you to make sure you are running again by next week.

Laura...Good job on getting your exercise done early in the a.m. You can do this and you will do this!

Have a great day everyone.

thanks, I just finished 21 minutes of exercise and took a break, now I am off to do some more.
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Good morning all! I am so glad to see everyone back!!! ;) And that you are all doing so well getting back into the groove!

Well I am frustrated because I keep gaining and loosing the same 3 pounds each week it seems like. This week I know I have a reason for the "bloated" feeling so I am not going to be so hard on myself, but by golly it better get with it soon. I have opened my food diary to the public and have been meeting my goal of logging everyday. If anyone has a chance and can look at it to give me a clue what I might try please do!!!!

I have really gotten into a routine of Curves and the wii lately. I need to do a little more on the wii at night! I do all of my excercising at night...Curves right after work at 4 and then the wii later that night around 7:30 or so. Is that good or bad? Since I work all day 7-4, I don't have any time during the day to do much. And I have tried getting up earlier to do some, but that just doesn't seem to work....Too easy to convince myself to stay in bed!

Well off to the day! Everyone have a good one.
  • littlebigbird
    Options
    Hi everyone. I was just waiting until you put the guns away and it was safe to come back on the thread! :laugh: (Actually that conversation you all had really did weird me out . . . very few people have guns in the UK and they're incredibly tightly regulated. Just the thought of them scares the pants off me!)

So - you all sound very determined and on target.

Amanda - You ran for 30 minutes?!!!! Blimey, that's incredible. I'm still trying to work my way back up to 10 minutes so you're my role model. Well done! :flowerforyou:

Amy - I'm so glad you had such a lovely holiday. You deserved it. I totally relate to what you're saying about getting back into the exercise now though. I swam a lot while I was away, but getting back to running on the treadmill is taking a bit of time.

Laura - congratulations on sticking with the exercise on your bike. Are you enjoying it?

Tammy - your fingers must be superfit after 8 hours of typing! :tongue: I just watched a bit of the 30 day shred on Youtube to find out what it was. It looks really, really hard - you must be very fit!

Ann - I am sooooo with you on being hacked off with gaining and losing the same few pounds. I've been stuck just above 11 stone for the last 3 months and it's seriously demotivating isn't it?

Jack - you really made me hoot with laughter talking about working out with someone else and both working harder than usual. Do you think it's a bloke thing? :laugh:

Right - I'm off to try out some recipes for a party we're having this weekend. I'll get the girls to eat the results though to save me from myself. See you all later.

Alison x
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Just ran across this article from: http://caloriecount.about.com/better-dinner-prior-work-q302?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter_20100106&utm_term=continue3

Eat dinner after your workout. Don’t exercise on an empty stomach or on a full stomach either. Wait several hours after eating before you exercise, but eat a carbohydrate-rich snack if you haven’t eaten for two hours. After your workout, it’s important to eat a meal within 45 minutes because that’s the best time to repair your muscles and restock your liver and muscles with glucose. Eat lean protein, complex carbohydrate and healthy fat for your post-exercise meal. Read about fueling your workouts from the Exercise Guide at About.com.
  • dragonfly81
    dragonfly81 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Good morning, beauties!! I am freezing!!! We realized yesterday that our heater is broken at our office. They guys were supposed to be here at 7:15am to put in a new unit. It's now 9:25am and of course, they haven't shown up yet. I have a candle by my keyboard I keep holding my fingers over! LOL

I weighed this morning and have lost about 2 pounds since my last weigh in (about two weeks ago). I am back to doing my regular exercising and adding in Wii Fit Plus now.

Amanda - a 30 min run? That's amazing. I can't even imagine that right now, much less do it. Kudo's to you!
    Laura - Did you ever find out what was causing your pain?

I hope everyone has a wonderful day today!
  • justjack51
    justjack51 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I JUST RAN FOR 30 MINUTES STRAIGHT AND MILEAGE WAS 4.22 MILES. Sorry I am yelling, I am excited. Burnt 384 calories on the Wii. I love that thing!!

Thats awesome, I have been trying to get back up to that 30 minute run, but haven't had it in me, maybe today I can do it again. Will keep you posted.