No More Excuses - Week 9

Options

Replies

• dragonfly81
    dragonfly81 Posts: 272 Member
    Options

Good morning to you as well. I hope you get heat soon! That is miserable.

Say....what are you doing on the wii fit plus. I love the cycling and the run (however the cycling the first time I was going in circles looking for the stupid flags....I also do the step and some of the other games. I do the boxing and kung fu stuff but am not very good at it yet. Have a wonderful Wednesday!

No heat yet! The new unit did not come in this morning, so they say it will be tomorrow morning. Of course, we are under a freeze warning tonight, and all schools and county offices have been closed for tomorrow, so who knows if they will show up or if I will even be here. (but I have to work late tonight, til seven. A 12 hour day, with no heat!)

For the wii fit plus: I just started it within the week! So far, I'm doing alot of easy yoga stretches and some of the games like dodging shoes, step aerobics, kung fu, boxing, etc. I alternate between doing 30 mins on the treadmill, then 30 or so on the wii. Like I did the treadmill first last night, so I'll do the wii first tonight. I'm hoping some of this yoga will help strengthen my back, but I have to be careful how I bend and twist!

Laura, I am very proud of you, too! All that water! I've only managed to get down about 50oz today. And 65 minutes of exercise... I need you to come be my coach, k?

I need to get a HRM. Polar and Reebox are the best you think? I need something pretty cheap but still acurate. I don't have alot of money right now, until my bonus comes in end of this month or next.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options

Good morning to you as well. I hope you get heat soon! That is miserable.

Say....what are you doing on the wii fit plus. I love the cycling and the run (however the cycling the first time I was going in circles looking for the stupid flags....I also do the step and some of the other games. I do the boxing and kung fu stuff but am not very good at it yet. Have a wonderful Wednesday!

No heat yet! The new unit did not come in this morning, so they say it will be tomorrow morning. Of course, we are under a freeze warning tonight, and all schools and county offices have been closed for tomorrow, so who knows if they will show up or if I will even be here. (but I have to work late tonight, til seven. A 12 hour day, with no heat!)

For the wii fit plus: I just started it within the week! So far, I'm doing alot of easy yoga stretches and some of the games like dodging shoes, step aerobics, kung fu, boxing, etc. I alternate between doing 30 mins on the treadmill, then 30 or so on the wii. Like I did the treadmill first last night, so I'll do the wii first tonight. I'm hoping some of this yoga will help strengthen my back, but I have to be careful how I bend and twist!

Laura, I am very proud of you, too! All that water! I've only managed to get down about 50oz today. And 65 minutes of exercise... I need you to come be my coach, k?

I need to get a HRM. Polar and Reebox are the best you think? I need something pretty cheap but still acurate. I don't have alot of money right now, until my bonus comes in end of this month or next.

thank you, I didn't do the exercise all at once, I am not that strong yet, I did a little bit and then I would take a break and then do some more until I did the 65 minutes. I will come and be your coach, lol. I have a Polar F6, I love that thing and I don't know what I would do without it. They are very expensive, mine cost over $100.00. Maybe you can find one with a chest strap that isn't too expensive.
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Good morning all...I'm finally back down a pound today, where I was the day before Christmas Eve!! I am drinking more water and TRYING to stay away from sweets this week. I gave in to two small chocolate squares yesterday:grumble: I will do better today. Today is Shred L1D6. It is getting easier (just in time to move up to level 2 where it will get harder again). It is really a much tougher workout than I thought it would be. Had a hard time walking for the first few days! Cub Scout meeting tonight for little guy. I guess at some point I will have to stop calling him little since he informed me he is 10 now and not little anymore:sad:

Amanda...Funny story. My youngest is a little on the dramatic side. He is trying to exercise with me some since he sees me doing it. He has gotten a little husky this past year. I hope he plays soccer again in the spring.

Dragonfly...I hope you stay warm and get heat soon. That is terrible!

Jack...Woo-hoo! Great job on the 5K run!!!

Ann...I know what you mean about those 3 pounds. Don't worry. They will disappear. Glad you are enjoying Curve's and your Wii. I am looking around to see what I need to get started. They had a stepper set at Sam's with bands and gloves but not the balance board or actual game. I'm assuming I need the balance board and Wii Fit or Plus game before anything else would work. I'm guessing I'll have to spend about $100.

Laura...I bet you already have your exercise done for the day! I need to follow your example.

Have a great day everyone!
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Good morning all!

Tammy, I know what you mean about the "little" comment. My youngest is going to be 14 at the end of the month and I still refer to him as the little one.....even though he is almost 6' tall and weighs about 170. We have always told his brother next to him (who of course picked on him endlessly) that someday....Trev would be bigger than him and would get even!!! I think the day is approaching soon. Colby is about 6'2" and about 185 I think...All muscle.

Dragonfly.....I can't believe they are making you work with no heat. Hopefully they will close for you until they get it fixed.

Jack......You are doing awsome!!!

Laura....Good for you for all you are doing. You are definately determined and I know it is going to pay off!

Amanda....did your dh go for another bike ride yet???? I still smile when I think of the 2 of you chugging along!!!

Today looks to be a cold one here in La Junta.....I think the high is suppose to be around 19 or so. BRRRRR....I am not a cold weather person. I should move to Arizona! I have had my smoothie this morning and am looking for a good day. I was complaining to my dh this morning about fighting with the same 3 lbs, and he just smiled and encouraged me because he said I act like I feel so much better and that is so much more important. It is amazing as you get older how much you appreciate your good health. His closest friend (they grew up together on farms next to each other) is having to go in for an angioplasty (sp) tomorrow and if need be will have open heart surgery. He is only a couple of years older than we are and it does hit hard when you see someone have to go through that. Please pray everything is well for him!

Well off to the day. Everyone make it a good one for yourself!!!
    Ann
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!

Tammy, I know what you mean about the "little" comment. My youngest is going to be 14 at the end of the month and I still refer to him as the little one.....even though he is almost 6' tall and weighs about 170. We have always told his brother next to him (who of course picked on him endlessly) that someday....Trev would be bigger than him and would get even!!! I think the day is approaching soon. Colby is about 6'2" and about 185 I think...All muscle.

Dragonfly.....I can't believe they are making you work with no heat. Hopefully they will close for you until they get it fixed.

Laura....Good for you for all you are doing. You are definately determined and I know it is going to pay off!

Amanda....did your dh go for another bike ride yet???? I still smile when I think of the 2 of you chugging along!!!

Today looks to be a cold one here in La Junta.....I think the high is suppose to be around 19 or so. BRRRRR....I am not a cold weather person. I should move to Arizona! I have had my smoothie this morning and am looking for a good day. I was complaining to my dh this morning about fighting with the same 3 lbs, and he just smiled and encouraged me because he said I act like I feel so much better and that is so much more important. It is amazing as you get older how much you appreciate your good health. His closest friend (they grew up together on farms next to each other) is having to go in for an angioplasty (sp) tomorrow and if need be will have open heart surgery. He is only a couple of years older than we are and it does hit hard when you see someone have to go through that. Please pray everything is well for him!

Ann

Ann, it was my daughter that went for the bike ride, not my husband! If he would have been whining like that I would have left alongside the road! :angry: :laugh:
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    It is 9:45 here and the laundry is going, dishes are unloaded and loaded again. Dd is working on schoolwork, the other two are at school. The chickens, ducks, geese, goats, dogs, rabbit and cats are fed and being lazy. It is suppose to get cold here tonight so I will need to put down some more straw, that should be good for some exercise. Need to get busy as I have to leave soon to take dd to PT in the big town. That gets old but to see her face in the pool makes me forget the gas bill and the drive and just revel in her joy.

The scale was up a pound today to 155.5 but still down three pounds from weigh-in on Sunday so I can't complain. I love how I am feeling, played basketball with the 4-H kids last night and it was fun and great. Also on a happy note I sold 5 and a half dozen eggs today, so maybe those chickens will pay for their feed yet. Actually they pay for almost all the feed except the dog and cat feed.
    I am rambling, somebody shut me up!!!!! :huh:
  • dragonfly81
    dragonfly81 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Morning, beauties!

Still no heat today! Can you believe it? It seems to be putting something out, but it's mostly cold to lukewarm. We will probably close early this afternoon due to the hard freeze warning. They just said our roads are expected to freeze this afternoon and stay frozen til SUNDAY!

I didn't work out last night! I feel very bad about it too because I went over by about 82 cals yesterday :( Hubs took me out to eat after I left work at 7:30pm. We didn't leave the resturant til almost 9:30pm. By the time we got home, it was shower and bedtime. But, today is a new day, and I will just have to do it tonight. No excuses!

How are all of you holding up?
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Good morning all!

Ann

Ann, it was my daughter that went for the bike ride, not my husband! If he would have been whining like that I would have left alongside the road! :angry: :laugh:

I knew that! Sorry!!! I guess my fingers got ahead of my brain!! ;)
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Morning, beauties!

Still no heat today! Can you believe it? It seems to be putting something out, but it's mostly cold to lukewarm. We will probably close early this afternoon due to the hard freeze warning. They just said our roads are expected to freeze this afternoon and stay frozen til SUNDAY!

I didn't work out last night! I feel very bad about it too because I went over by about 82 cals yesterday :( Hubs took me out to eat after I left work at 7:30pm. We didn't leave the resturant til almost 9:30pm. By the time we got home, it was shower and bedtime. But, today is a new day, and I will just have to do it tonight. No excuses!

How are all of you holding up?

That is horrible. I certainly hope you get to go home early. Holy Cow. I wouldn't be too hard on yourself about yesterday. You probably are burning calories you aren't aware of just trying to keep warm!!!! ;) Try and stay warm!
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    I agree that no heat is awful, absolutely awful. I hope you don't sick and you stay warm. Hang in there!!! And don't feel bad about no exercise yesterday, today is a new day, make the best of it. You are doing fine!!!
  • justjack51
    justjack51 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Cheat day started tonight. Just got back from Mexican food.....................now I know why I got fat. It was SOOOOOO good. Tommorow, the plan is to only cheat at lunch, where I can scratch BBQ and French Fries off my list.

So instead of cheating every meal on one day, I spread it out over 3 days. Still no weight loss this week, but I have been working out like a maniac. Lifted weights with my friend again, and increased all the weights at least 25%. Becoming a competitive thing I fear.

Tomorrow I run again, think I will shoot for the 5k goal again. It was a struggle getting there last time.

Dragonfly, no heat again, its suppose to be a high of -2 tomorrw where I am. I can't even imagine no heat.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    Good morning all...I'm finally back down a pound today, where I was the day before Christmas Eve!! I am drinking more water and TRYING to stay away from sweets this week. I gave in to two small chocolate squares yesterday:grumble: I will do better today. Today is Shred L1D6. It is getting easier (just in time to move up to level 2 where it will get harder again). It is really a much tougher workout than I thought it would be. Had a hard time walking for the first few days! Cub Scout meeting tonight for little guy. I guess at some point I will have to stop calling him little since he informed me he is 10 now and not little anymore:sad:

Amanda...Funny story. My youngest is a little on the dramatic side. He is trying to exercise with me some since he sees me doing it. He has gotten a little husky this past year. I hope he plays soccer again in the spring.

Dragonfly...I hope you stay warm and get heat soon. That is terrible!

Jack...Woo-hoo! Great job on the 5K run!!!

Ann...I know what you mean about those 3 pounds. Don't worry. They will disappear. Glad you are enjoying Curve's and your Wii. I am looking around to see what I need to get started. They had a stepper set at Sam's with bands and gloves but not the balance board or actual game. I'm assuming I need the balance board and Wii Fit or Plus game before anything else would work. I'm guessing I'll have to spend about $100.

Laura...I bet you already have your exercise done for the day! I need to follow your example.

Have a great day everyone!

nope, I haven't had time to do any exercise today. run run run today
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    Well, over on calories today but I am so not stressing or freaking out about it. I didn't get any exercise in today either, I had my doctor's appointment at 10:30 and sure enough the doctor really and truely believes I have endometiosis and put me on some meds, I go back in 8 weeks. Well, then we went to pay bills and then hit the grocery store for 2 hours. Does that count for exercise :laugh: :laugh:. So back to it tomorrow.
  • amaline
    amaline Posts: 84
    Options
    Hey everyone

I am stuck at home with the flu and not happy at all. :sick: I doubt I'll be running this weekend as I can't even walk a few metres without wheezing. I guess I caught it on the plane. I don't have much of an appetite so am just going to try and stay hydrated and warm. I am so annoyed with my body - I never get sick and now twice in a month!

Hope you are all having good weeks. Monday is a new week and I plan for it to be a great one for me!
  • justjack51
    justjack51 Posts: 340 Member
    Options

thank you, I didn't do the exercise all at once, I am not that strong yet, I did a little bit and then I would take a break and then do some more until I did the 65 minutes. I will come and be your coach, lol. I have a Polar F6, I love that thing and I don't know what I would do without it. They are very expensive, mine cost over $100.00. Maybe you can find one with a chest strap that isn't too expensive.

Mine is a Pro-Form Precision SD, I think its the same as the Reebok. I am having to mail mine to manufacturer tomorrow. Mine does not work with the machines at the gym, so for that reason I do not like it. If the chest strap sent a signal to the machine, I dont even think I would bother with the watch. Thats why I would get a cheap Polar, I hear all machines talk the Polar language. I paid $30 for mine. I will be happy with it again once it works.
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Hey everyone

I am stuck at home with the flu and not happy at all. :sick: I doubt I'll be running this weekend as I can't even walk a few metres without wheezing. I guess I caught it on the plane. I don't have much of an appetite so am just going to try and stay hydrated and warm. I am so annoyed with my body - I never get sick and now twice in a month!

Hope you are all having good weeks. Monday is a new week and I plan for it to be a great one for me!

That is really a bummer! I'm sorry you are sick and won't get to run! Take care of yourself and you will be back at it soon!!!
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Well...I am over on calories today and only did Curves. I am convinced this is going to start working though!!!! For now, I am off to find the couch and a warm fire that my dh is building!!!

Night All!!!!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    Weigh in for this week: 256.0
  • tamelab
    Options
    Hey everyone

I am so sorry that you are sick again. I hope you feel better soon. Stay warm!
  • tamelab
    Options
    Good morning all...Hope today finds you well. Sounds like everyone is doing great with exercise. Good job team! Today is my gym day and I am supposed to do L1D7 of the Shred. It is so hard for me to do both in the same day but I hate to miss the Shred. I'll try to get it all done. Going thrift store shopping with my step-mom today, don't have to work. Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday!!