Canned tuna - what do I do with it?

Options
I grew up hating canned tuna, but I bought a can of it (dill oil infused or something, the brand is ocean I think, 100 calories for the can) because I thought I'd like to try it... Taste buds change, right?

But I have no idea what to do with it.

Put it on crackers or something?

Recipes? Ideas? Help!

Replies

• Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    My favorite snack!!!

Can o tuna
    1.5 cups o cooked rice
    2 tbsp light mayo
    Furikake (Rice Seasoning)
  • fireballaaa
    fireballaaa Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    There has been avisory's to not eat it to much because of elevated mercury in it only one can a month. Tuna salad is how i like it best on a sandwich.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    mix it with a little miracle whip and diced celery and onion and stick it in a whole wheat pita pocket with lettuce and tomato. My fave!
  • nis75p06
    Options
    Canned tuna in water, a splash of olive oil, a bit of balsamic vinegar, and a 1/2 a diced cucumber eated on crispbread.
  • Gizziemoto
    Gizziemoto Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Feed it to a cat? LOL Just kidding. I like it mixed with mayo with olive oil, celery, and diced onions.
  • Stefanny91
    Stefanny91 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Tuna burgers!!!

Tinned tuna, breadcrumbs, 1 egg, onion, cumin salt pepper parsley Worcestershire sauce ... squige them together and grill :P yum yum yummy
  • Luciabella07
    Luciabella07 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Tuna Melt! Drain the tuna, throw in a little mayo and some celery, put it on a piece of bread, top it with a piece of cheese and put it open faced into the broiler. yum!
  • mitzhogue
    mitzhogue Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Tuna tostados

tuna, tbs. mayo, queeze of lemon, green onion, pepper & salt. serve on top of a tostada shell with your favorite salsa. pretty darn good.
  • NinjaBeth90
    Options
    Tuna pasta salad :) (My Fave) - OR just tuna salad without the pasta if your cutting carbs.
    I also love tuna salad sandwiches :smile:
  • Rogus1
    Rogus1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I second the tuna melt! My version adds chopped onion to the tuna and mayo, uses an english muffin and adds a sliced hard boiled egg with the cheese on top.
  • milleyea
    milleyea Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    My favorite snack!!!

Can o tuna
    1.5 cups o cooked rice
    2 tbsp light mayo
    Furikake (Rice Seasoning)

If only there was a "like button"..........
  • tonightokayalright
    Options
    Canned tuna in water, a splash of olive oil, a bit of balsamic vinegar, and a 1/2 a diced cucumber eated on crispbread.

This one sounds really good! I think that's what I'll go with... If I like it, next time I'll try tuna salad, that seems to be popular.
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,234 Member
    Options
    mix with veggie goodies any you like and stuff in a hollowed out tomato!
  • AmyJMadison
    AmyJMadison Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Tuna burgers!!!

Tinned tuna, breadcrumbs, 1 egg, onion, cumin salt pepper parsley Worcestershire sauce ... squige them together and grill :P yum yum yummy

That does sound delicious... and I want to squige a burger desparately now!!!
  • andeehrdz
    andeehrdz Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Canned tuna, mash half of an avocado into it (works as the mayo) and then sprinkle it with tapatio sauce :D
  • andeehrdz
    andeehrdz Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Canned tuna, mash half of an avocado into it (works as the mayo) and then sprinkle it with tapatio sauce :D

this is for canned tuna in water BTW...
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Tuna, cream of mushroom soup, pasta. Voila.

I like putting tuna in a grilled cheese sammich. =B
  • Kimberleycommonname
    Options
    it goes amazing with red onion in any kind of salad - pasta, or green. I take a small tin to work with me most days for my lunch break and eat it with bread and butter.
  • fitsin10
    Options
    some great ideas here, that tuna burger sounds wonderful :) thank you to everyone for some yummy stuff !!!
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Options
    I cut up some carrots and celery and add pepper and eat it with a fork