Negative feedback after weight loss...

Options
1235»

Replies

• Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Girl, that's normal. They're called haters! I got tons. If you got haters you're doing something right! Later, those who criticize you now will come and ask you how you're doing it!

^^^ this!! I've lost over 90 pounds (ticker doesn't reflect because I reset for a smaller goal) but people at work that used to talk to me all the time stopped, gave me the furry eyeball, then eventually asked me what I was doing...lol. It might take them awhile but hopefully they will realize you are still the same person inside, it's just your shape that changed. :)
  • know_your_worth
    know_your_worth Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    After about 40 or 50 pounds lost I had a very good friend take me aside while she was drunk to beg me to quit dieting before I got smaller than her.

I'm pretty happy that, at the same weight and height, I now wear one pant size smaller than her.

Wow. I guess it would be easier for everybody else to change so I look good instead of me actually having to work at it.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • lisa483
    lisa483 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Well done on your weight loss you look great :0). Screw what other ppl say they're just jealous and as someone said b4 they will be asking you soon how you lost it.

I myself have lost over 50lb and get the comments. "Dont lose anymore weight " "are you hungry " etc. WTF... no I am not hungry I am always eating just I make better decisions with my food.

I had to have my engagement ring resized because of my weight loss, like 6 sizes smaller and the guy behind the counter says to my fiance who I have been with for 12 and a half years. "Wow you must be pleased"!!! What the... Jeez wot sort of comment is that. My fiance who has been with me when I was at my lightest and at my heaviest was shocked.

You ROCK so let the haters hate and you keep doing what your doing :0)))
  • celebrity328
    celebrity328 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    the initial phase of weight loss often generates praise, and the later stages sometimes generate concern. i've experienced this myself; "dude, how much weight are you going to lose?" i replied that i chose a weight for my frame in the middle of the Met Life actuarial charts from the late 1940s. this gives me a BMI in the 22 range, which is healthy, assuming you're not extremely tall or a bodybuilder.

That has been my experiece thus far! At first when I was bigger then everyone else they were like good for you you lost 5Lbs. Now its like HOW much weight do you plan on losing its not healthy etc. I have family who I was once bigger then and now smaller then stop talking to me.
  • PatrissiaLu
    Options
    Girl, that's normal. They're called haters! I got tons. If you got haters you're doing something right! Later, those who criticize you now will come and ask you how you're doing it!

^^^ this!! I've lost over 90 pounds (ticker doesn't reflect because I reset for a smaller goal) but people at work that used to talk to me all the time stopped, gave me the furry eyeball, then eventually asked me what I was doing...lol. It might take them awhile but hopefully they will realize you are still the same person inside, it's just your shape that changed. :)

One of the good things about my weight loss is that I was recently contacted by a few people who I never really spoke to before other than a brief "hello" or "goodbye" and they have approached me to ask if I can help them reach their weight loss goals... so that feels good because I woulda never thought little old me would be giving out this sort of advice.. :blushing:
  • PatrissiaLu
    Options
    Well done on your weight loss you look great :0). Screw what other ppl say they're just jealous and as someone said b4 they will be asking you soon how you lost it.

I myself have lost over 50lb and get the comments. "Dont lose anymore weight " "are you hungry " etc. WTF... no I am not hungry I am always eating just I make better decisions with my food.

I had to have my engagement ring resized because of my weight loss, like 6 sizes smaller and the guy behind the counter says to my fiance who I have been with for 12 and a half years. "Wow you must be pleased"!!! What the... Jeez wot sort of comment is that. My fiance who has been with me when I was at my lightest and at my heaviest was shocked.

You ROCK so let the haters hate and you keep doing what your doing :0)))

Oh yeah, I'm sooo wearing my wedding ring on my middle finger right now. It falls off on my ring finger, waaay tooo big! That's when I really felt like I was losing weight, when my fingers started feeling skinnier :-D Great feeling...

And wow, can't believe that guy would say something like that, what an a-hole!