Do you share your weight loss journey with everyone?

Options
13»

Replies

• Poorgirls_Diet
    Poorgirls_Diet Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    The only people that knows about my journey are the ones in the virtual world, the last time I was judged when I failed and this time when I have told no-one I am doing really well although nobody has commented that I have lost 30lbs, maybe being a bigger person I need to lose double that amount for someone to notice?! I compare my weightloss to driving a car so if I ever have to stop and do a U-turn I only have myself to get back on the right road again.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I'm not trying to lose weight, but pretty much everyone that knows me knows that I'm really into fitness. I do talk about the details of my fitness journey just because it's on my mind and people notice and compliment my progress. And it's kind of nice to see how many people I know have asked me questions, started a fitness or weight loss journey, or started lifting weights since I've been talking about it. It's definitely been a positive influence on others and people also seem very pleased with how healthy, happy and motivated I am.
  • sds76
    sds76 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    only a few close people knew I was trying but then the other day I posted a new profile pic on facebook (the one on the right of this profile pic not the actual comparison pic) and I woke up to tons of comments on how good I looked, how much I've lost, how I've done it, etc. Guess the cat is out of the bag. It's kind of embarassing but it was nice to hear that my hard work is being noticed.
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I was going to get the surgery but then decided to loose the weight on my own
    My coworkers could not believe the loss after summer break.
    I am sure they all think I got the surgery, but I decided to save the money and do it with the help
    of fitnesspal.
    I went to Las Vegas with the money I saved
  • rainwalkerSK
    Options
    I'm at a point now where apparently it's really obvious and people are noticing. But I'm still really uncomfortable discussing it. I don't know why-- I'm proud of myself, but I really don't like discussing my weight, and my food intake and my fitness regimen with others. I'm happy to brag a little when I do something cool (like when I finished my first 5k), but the rest is just awkward.
  • pattybattin
    Options
    My journey started because of a health and wellness module at work. At first everyone who was doing this shared their weekly food journal so the people running the module could judge who was eating the healthiest food. I only shared one time because they picked apart what I was eating. I am a super picky eater. I kept with the program and I can tell you I am the only one who kept with it. My niece joined me on my journey her on MFP and she and I have lost so much weight. It really is a personal thing. I am so happy that in the end it really wasn't about what I eat it is about how much or little I eat on a daily basis. I have worked with my doctor and I am off one of the medications I took for high blood pressure and now working on seeing if I can get off my high cholesterol medication. I love MFP and believe I will be using this web page for the remainder of my life so I make sure I eat enough and or not too much food each day.