WHO IS BUYING THE NEW iPHONE 5 & WHY???

Options
Hi everyone. I was just wondering if anyone was buying the new Apple iPhone 5 & why. I plan on buying one on the 1st of Nov., and I was wondering if there is anything I need to know about it.

Replies

• wolfpack77
    Options
    I dont buy stuff from companies that tell me what I can and cannot do with it.
  • ShaneWinston58
    Options
    I use a BlackBerry at the moment, but I have been wanting to buy the Apple 4S for a while, but just didn't get around to buying one. Now I want to buy the Apple iPhone 5.
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I use a BlackBerry at the moment, but I have been wanting to buy the Apple 4S for a while, but just didn't get around to buying one. Now I want to buy the Apple iPhone 5.

get the iphone5 then.
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    No, my 4S is sufficient. The 5 doesn't really give me a good enough reason to spend hundreds on another phone.
  • ShaneWinston58
    Options
    @ wolfpack - I have an Apple OS X - Mountain Lion computer with training for 3 years on it. The training would also transfer to the Apple iPhone5. They would teach me how to use all of the apps.
  • KrisThomas1964
    Options

same here
  • ShaneWinston58
    Options
    @ - Erindipitous - I only would be spending $100 more for the Apple iPhone5. Should I still get it?
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    @ - Erindipitous - I only would be spending $100 more for the Apple iPhone5. Should I still get it?

It's worth it for the LTE data.
  • ShaneWinston58
    Options
    But, I thought most cell phone companies tell you what you can and can't do with your cell phone. I would be going through Sprint, as I have used them for 4 years now without any problems.
  • JohnMessmer
    Options
    I am a big Android fan, as I dont have any of their other products I don't think I will get it.
  • ShaneWinston58
    Options
    @ - Katamus. What does LTE Data mean??
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Same with me. Screw Apple.
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    @ - Katamus. What does LTE Data mean??

Basically nothing if you have sprint. Nevermind. Lol.
  • likearadiowave
    likearadiowave Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Not me.

I want the Samsung Galaxy S3.
  • ShaneWinston58
    Options
    @- John Messmer. I have an Apple Computer, and Apple will teach me how to use all of the apps, and everything else about the Apple iPhone5. Wouldn't that be a plus?
  • ShaneWinston58
    Options
    What do you like about the Samsung Galaxy S3?
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I was just wondering if anyone was buying the new Apple iPhone 5 & why. I plan on buying one on the 1st of Nov., and I was wondering if there is anything I need to know about it.
    [/quote

all of your accessories will need adapters for it to plug in.
    Their voice thing for texting/dialing is horrible

and it'll be out dated in 6 months.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    What do you like about the Samsung Galaxy S3?

it's the most advanced phone on the market
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I'll be buying it eventually. Battery on my 4 is failing.

And I accept the limitations imposed by Apple going into this arrangement. I know about them upfront and have decided that it's still worth it to me. (And no, I'm not an Apple fanboy...the iphone is the only Apple product I own.)
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Shane - get the iPhone 5. You won't regret it. I had iPhones for 4 years and, while I decided to go android this time, I wholehearted recommend iPhone.

LTE means, essentially FASTER (if you live/work in the right neighborhood). about 5-10 up to 30 times faster than non-LTE.