WHO IS BUYING THE NEW iPHONE 5 & WHY???

Options

Replies

• LuxHappens
    LuxHappens Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    It's all personal preference.
    Go play with an iPhone and an Android at the store, see which one does the things you need, in the way you like.

I prefer iPhone based on product quality. Other than user error (my dropping it in the toilet), I've never had an issue with my iPhone. Period.

Almost ever Android user I've met has experienced a variety of issues, including software problems and crappy construction. So that's where I stand.

(By the way, I am already aware that overworked, carpal tunnel-ridden, suicidal children probably made my phone for 50 cents an hour, before anyone starts ranting.)
  • joea123
    Options
    Apple is planned obsolescence at its finest. People will buy anything with an Apple logo on it, even if it were a hair dryer. While the iPhone is a good phone I’m not gonna lie, there are better out there. I refuse to be hypnotized by their hype and the many people that buy into it.
  • jessejames3ball
    Options
    I dont buy stuff from companies that tell me what I can and cannot do with it.
    Same with me. Screw Apple.

Ditto. Apple can GFThemselves. Don't be an iSheep.
  • ShaneWinston58
    Options
    I live in a very nice and well populated area that caters to high class people (of which I am not...rich), so would you think the LTE Data would work in my area. I live only one mile from an Apple store.
  • tbodega
    tbodega Posts: 186
    Options
    I dont buy stuff from companies that tell me what I can and cannot do with it.

Well said. I agree 100%.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    What do you like about the Samsung Galaxy S3?
    it's the most advanced phone on the market

In some ways yes, but in other ways no. I have a Galaxy S3 US LTE version, and I love it, but it is definitely beat:

Galaxy Nexus - Later version of the operating system unless you root
    iPhone - faster processor, faster graphics chip, lighter, simpler (if that's your thing)
    Motorola Razer Maxx - better battery
    HTC One X - better screen

All in all, I think the S3 has the best package though. OS is pretty good and can be rooted, Samsung has also promised to update this year. Processor is pretty dang fast. It's actually pretty light considering the size. The battery is good enough and the screen is pretty nice (and big).

For me, iPhone v. Android comes down to - Do you want to have control over every little thing on your phone? Pick Android. Do you just want your phone to work and not want to have to worry about every little GD thing? Pick iPhone.
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I'd rather not pay money to Apple- ever- Samsung have far better products (that are properly tested and exceedingly comptiable) and the price more reasonable. Android has far more flexiablity and voice controls work for those who aren't America (for some reason all the people I know who use their 4S have to do a slight American accent for it to work).

To top it off, the maps on Android are well... well they're actually maps not 'Pin the Town on The Country'
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Also, you don't have to pay out extra for an adapter to still use previous Apple accessories that require docking (£25 not inc. P&P)
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    I love my iPhone 4. Today I plan on getting the iPhone 5 for my husband (I am jealous). And I get actual maps on mine and not just pins, just know how to use it I guess. It isn't difficult to figure out. I say go for it!
  • ShaneWinston58
    Options
    I appreciate all of the input that you all have given me. It has helped a lot in my decision on what to buy and/or wait for.

What I was trying to explain in my last post was that there are A LOT of tree decorated I-Towers (sp?) in my area, and maybe that would help with the LTE Data working right.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I appreciate all of the input that you all have given me. It has helped a lot in my decision on what to buy and/or wait for.

What I was trying to explain in my last post was that there are A LOT of tree decorated I-Towers (sp?) in my area, and maybe that would help with the LTE Data working right.

Ask someone at the Apple store. They can probably confirm your LTE coverage.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options

You'll probably be fine, but I recommend checking with your carrier. They all publish LTE availability info. Here's the site for AT&T. http://www.att.com/network/
  • ShaneWinston58
    Options
    Thank you VOR! AND, everyone else!!!:drinker:
  • katellanova
    katellanova Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Never. I don't support apple.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    There's a lot of hate for Apple out there, but I've always loved their products. I have a macbook and have had 3 iPhones (currently I have the 4). I will be upgrading to the 5 in December when my phone is eligible for an upgrade. I absolutely love my iPhone and wouldn't want anything else (and yes, I have looked at Androids. They're great, don't get me wrong, but I still prefer Apple).
  • Cocochickdeleted
    Cocochickdeleted Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    There's a lot of hate for Apple out there, but I've always loved their products. I have a macbook and have had 3 iPhones (currently I have the 4). I will be upgrading to the 5 in December when my phone is eligible for an upgrade. I absolutely love my iPhone and wouldn't want anything else (and yes, I have looked at Androids. They're great, don't get me wrong, but I still prefer Apple).

I was thinking the same thing. I love Apple for the most part, but I am kind of annoyed that they changed the pin configuration and are charging $30 for the adapter. I have a MacBook Pro and love the way it effortlessly syncs with my iPhone 4. I also love the fact that my MacBook doesn't give me a minute's worth of trouble--unlike the Window's based computers the rest of my family use. I'm not loyal to Apple by any means, and in fact, hubby and I are heading out the door in a few minutes to compare the new iPhone to some Android phones. If Android has a product that better fits my needs/wants/desires, then I have no trouble jumping ship. BTW, hubby is totally anti-Apple because of their prices, and he has already decided he's not getting an iPhone.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    My husband just upgraded his iPhone 4 to a 5. He is really enjoying it so far. I'll probably trade mine up for a 5, as well, when I am due for an upgrade.
  • wolfpack77
    Options
    If you're a Sprint customer good luck with finding consistent LTE coverage.

To me the reliability of the carrier matters more than the handset. A handset is useless without a decent network to run on, and if you wanna take full advantage of any high performance smartphone (iPhone or otherwise) you're going to want a carrier with great 4G LTE coverage. Otherwise you'll just be putting along on 3G or constantly switching over to wifi.

So who is the best LTE carrier? Verizon Wireless hands down.

I have a Samsung Stratosphere which isn't even a high end phone, but its LTE enabled. I NEVER need to use wifi. Like ever. I also live in a suburban area with lots of tree cover, next to a giant lake (Lake Erie) and the closest tower to me is over 2 miles away. I still get great LTE signal. Good luck getting that kind of service from Sprint.
  • cncrafton
    cncrafton Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I just picked mine up today!

I don't see that it has a TON of new features, but I was due for an upgrade (I have had the iPhone 4 for two years)! So far, I enjoy it! I am putting off buying the adaptor for my dock since it's expensive. For now, I'll continue to use my 4 for my morning alarm.
  • bobie1978
    bobie1978 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Loving my Samsung Galaxy 3 from Verizon (4G) lol! If you are getting an Iphone go with AT&T as your provider.. they only have 4G for Iphones. I think even the iphone 5 is still 3g.. doesn't make sense!