Weightloss and Dating?

Options
I have a question for those that have lost weight and are single... have you found dating to have gotten easier after you loss weight? Like, do more people find you attractive than before?

Replies

• Metspride129
    Metspride129 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    i have yet to test the waters since losing all my weight. I was with my gf for 3 1/2 years. she got me at 240lbs, went down to 228, and stopped caring. we had a kid together, and i gained "baby weight" so to speak and bubbled up to 283. back in december last year i decided to get back into shape. dropped down to 226 pounds, which is my lightest since high school, and she leaves me LMAO. I've been posting throughout the forums on here and get a lot of attention from women (friend requests and messages all the time) so thats kinda cool i suppose. Last Sunday I went with my friends to Six Flags, and saw this girl who was my "type" to a tee (on the taller side, about 5'8, thin, long legs, blonde hair, blue eyes, and had the look and voice of a southern belle). She was on a line to a roller coaster that was next to mine. My cousin and his gf were on the same line as her, and apparently her and her friend were talking about me the whole time, and I actually noticed her friend keep looking back. Being fresh out of a long term relationship, I didn't say anything to her stupidly, but I guess it was nice to know that girls are interested in me (even though I dont see myself as a good looking guy by any means...but that's probably just my self esteem after my ex refused to have sex with me more then once every few months and would always push me away when i was trying to kiss her and get her in the mood)
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    It's weird. I definitely get more attention from men... but it hasn't really translated to them asking me out. I suppose maybe I'm bad at flirting or hinting that I'm interested.
  • MsTonyaRenee
    MsTonyaRenee Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I've definitely noticed more attention (the good kind and the bad) but I think alot of it has to do with my confidence level, and the fact that I am putting myself out there again instead of just hiding away :)
  • jazzalea
    jazzalea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    definitely lots of interest.... but I don't know how to get to the other side..... when it comes to dating.... I still feel 320 on the inside :tongue:
  • staygoldeast
    Options
    I haven't returned to the dating arena, but that's another story and one I won't bore you with here, but I've definitely noticed that I've been getting more attention, plus the confidence boost of shedding some lard, it's great.
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately no. I get more attention when I'm skinnier but its the bad kind and no difference at all in being asked out. Sorry. Just my personal exerience though.
  • subcult
    subcult Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    i have yet to test the waters since losing all my weight. I was with my gf for 3 1/2 years. she got me at 240lbs, went down to 228, and stopped caring. we had a kid together, and i gained "baby weight" so to speak and bubbled up to 283. back in december last year i decided to get back into shape. dropped down to 226 pounds, which is my lightest since high school, and she leaves me LMAO. I've been posting throughout the forums on here and get a lot of attention from women (friend requests and messages all the time) so thats kinda cool i suppose. Last Sunday I went with my friends to Six Flags, and saw this girl who was my "type" to a tee (on the taller side, about 5'8, thin, long legs, blonde hair, blue eyes, and had the look and voice of a southern belle). She was on a line to a roller coaster that was next to mine. My cousin and his gf were on the same line as her, and apparently her and her friend were talking about me the whole time, and I actually noticed her friend keep looking back. Being fresh out of a long term relationship, I didn't say anything to her stupidly, but I guess it was nice to know that girls are interested in me (even though I dont see myself as a good looking guy by any means...but that's probably just my self esteem after my ex refused to have sex with me more then once every few months and would always push me away when i was trying to kiss her and get her in the mood)
    some of the ladies are gonna like you for your guns.
  • Metspride129
    Options
    Haha, I hope so. I used to be a bouncer/personal body guard, and the way my arms are now, is like 40% of what they used to be. I miss having 18 1/2" solid arms at 220 pounds =(
    some of the ladies are gonna like you for your guns.
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    i got asked out by a total stranger for the first time a few weeks ago while i was working. crazzzzzy stuff. totally flattering. must have had to do with a confidence boost and a motivation to make conversation/ be less shy.

and i totally thought i was having an 'ugly day' :p

i said "have a good night" and he said "you dont look like your having that good of a night" (i work 60+ hours a week counting college as work).. he was all "oh where do you go to school?" and it turned out we went to the same college. i said "maybe i'll see ya around" (trying to make him go away and stop making me feel awkward haha) and he put his hands on the cafe counter and said "i know how i could be sure to see you around. if you let me buy you dinner." i did a 180 away from him and pretended i was rinsing out the blender i just made his drink from haha.

nice try dude. and a total confidence booster
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    .....dropped down to 226 pounds, which is my lightest since high school, and she leaves me LMAO.

...my ex refused to have sex with me more then once every few months and would always push me away when i was trying to kiss her and get her in the mood)

Mr...I would have left HER long before she left you. ;)
  • letmebeda1_wechange
    Options
    yes i'm getting more attention now, when i go to the gym some men just stop working out to look at what i'm doing lol. haven't gotten that attention since in high school. because i'm shy i don't look for those moments to get a man to chat with me. at the same token I did find someone i'm dating now and maybe get married with in the future. but just the thought and confidence that has changed in my life since losing 65 pounds has been great. =0)
  • Metspride129
    Options
    Well, the last year and a half I was really only with her to make things easier since we have a little one together. At least I got a motivator to keep losing weight and get in great shape...I have 3 or 4 nights a week to myself, and a BIG bed that is def. big enough for 2...or 3 ;-)
    .....dropped down to 226 pounds, which is my lightest since high school, and she leaves me LMAO.

...my ex refused to have sex with me more then once every few months and would always push me away when i was trying to kiss her and get her in the mood)

Mr...I would have left HER long before she left you. ;)
  • bethygirlie
    bethygirlie Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Yes but not really asking me out....I don't notice sometimes because I'm still pretty self-conscious because I feel like the same 400 lb person trying to hide my weight sometimes. I have a fiance' so I really am not interested, although sometimes the attention is a nice motivator :)
  • Girl_Bomb
    Options
    Guys don't leave me alone, as much as it is awesome lol I'm also constantly creeped out and feel like I have to be very careful when I'm out at a bar or something.

When I lost my initial weight it also helped me gain the confidence I needed to leave an unhealthy relationship, and now it something doesn't work out I don't automatically assume it was because of what I looked like.
  • TinGirl314
    TinGirl314 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I've gotten more attention...but I started at 370.
    Course I also have 'Victim' written across my forehead somewhere.
    I only get attention from the perverts and the jerks.

Hey mister nice guy...? Where are you?
    (Or girl!)

:p
  • rachellosesitall85
    Options
    I haven't lost all the weight yet, I started at 252 four years ago and I'm at around 235 but because I'm more of an hour glass shape, and 5'7" I wear my weight differently and get attention even at 235. I'm almost scared to continue because I feel like the "thinner" me will get too much unwanted attention. So much I'd want to gain back just to hide. It's one of the reasons I'm overweight now. Too much negative attention in the early stages of my life...like as a child if you know what I mean.
  • MsTonyaRenee
    MsTonyaRenee Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost all the weight yet, I started at 252 four years ago and I'm at around 235 but because I'm more of an hour glass shape, and 5'7" I wear my weight differently and get attention even at 235. I'm almost scared to continue because I feel like the "thinner" me will get too much unwanted attention. So much I'd want to gain back just to hide. It's one of the reasons I'm overweight now. Too much negative attention in the early stages of my life...like as a child if you know what I mean.

I was teling a co-worker a similar thing the other day after recieving negative creepy kind of attention. I said "Maybe I'll just get fat again so I won't have to deal with this". But then my co-worker said "But you wouldn't be happy then!" which is totally true :)
  • rosej31
    rosej31 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost all the weight yet, but I do feel good about myself. I just started dating a few months ago he never saw me at my heaviest. Being that lost weight I wonder how it would feel without dating.
  • Luebella
    Options
    I found that I was most attractive to others when I was in an awesome headspace. After a previous relationship ended rather unceremoniously, I chose to see it as liberating rather than mourn something that obviously didn't make me happy, and I started a love affair with myself which turned out to be a bit of an aphrodisiac. I was beating men off with a stick, I was certainly putting out something! It was my best dating year ever.
    I am now in a loving relationship, and have lost 15lbs since we have been together. We promised each other to respect our bodies and remain healthy for each other (and ourselves of course).
    Bottom line, you get out what you put out. If you are happy and confident with yourself, you will become a magnet for the same. That's been my experience.
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I've been getting more and more trim the last few months and my work place now feels like I'm on the Bachelor... is that saying enough? Sure keeps things interesting lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!