I cheat by adding food to the next day :/

Options
2»

Replies

• MDWilliams1857
    MDWilliams1857 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I work third shift and the way I do it is from the time I wake up till I go to bed is a day. So If I wake up at 6pm Saturday, everything I eat from 6pm Saturday til I go to bed Sunday will go on Saturdays log. So For instance, Its about 245am Sunday morning here and I just ate dinner, I logged it as dinner for Saturday because to me, this is Saturday. I just find it easier to do it that way.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    My husband does that. He says it reminds him to hit the gym hard the next day. I like to see my eating from one sleep to the next. I am also funny about "breakfast" being the first meal I eat after waking, even if it isn't until noon or 1pm.
  • mq68
    mq68 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I work 2nd shift and start mfp day when my day starts... usually at 3:30 in the afternoon. I post my day on the day that it started. I am up usually from 3:30 pm until the following morning at 8am. That is my day! If you feel bad about cheating, quit it, or change your caloric intake. I am allergic to many foods so I usually do not eat as many carbs that are specified, I eat more protein than recommended. I had to personally go and manually change my goals. But that is my eating structure. I have lost 14lbs in less than 40days.

You know yourself best. If you are doing it to keep your numbers down, it will not help you mentally nor physically. Please for your sake reevaluate and do things that you can accomplish instead of creating failure. You can do it!!! Good Luck!!!
  • kvalmera
    kvalmera Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I work late evenings/nights and I have a 9pm-3am slot but I generally try not to eat after midnight. If I have calories left over then I will eat some cheese, nuts or peanut butter when I get home just to take the hunger away. I generally do not log those because mentally I know I am within my calories. But today I ate all my calories and it's almost 3am here and I am still stuffed so I will not want anything when I get off at 4am..... well except my bed and pillow :)

Just find what works for you.
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    decide whether to log wakeup to bedtime or 12am-12pm and stick to it...i have a weird schedule too and 12-12 works best for me...as long as you stay consistent it will all even out
  • annette79h
    annette79h Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    lol thats funny, I do the same thing, kinda. I work NOC shift only 3 nights a week and my lunch break is at midnight so I just count that for the next day cuz during the next day I will be sleeping and not eating, so it does average out. Ultimately, if you add calories to the next day just because you dont want it to look bad, you're only cheating yourself and whats written on paper doesnt matter compared to how your body looks and feels :wink: I love that saying "What you eat in private you wear in public"
  • runfreddyrun
    runfreddyrun Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    i work late alot so sometimes i do this as well, but i have to be careful because then the next day i come up short! it's no big deal - but try not to let it become a habit. it's good that you're writing everything down.

i guess ask yourself - are you really hungry or do you just want something. sometimes i still have one more shake left for the night but i'm hungry for something bad. if i go ahead and just have the shake i either don't want anything else or i forget about the craving. not sure what that's all about but that's been my experience.