I can't believe it.

Options
2»

Replies

• riiah86
    Options
    Girl, I know the feeling. I'm not as hard on myself but I can understand your feelings. My man is in the military as well,and we may possibly be moving to hawaii soon,and I am currently at my highest weight. I have a solid 40-50lbs to lose. we should be friends!! accountability partners and all!

Omg that would be awesome if you came here to HI.
    I have the same amount to lose. When we were pcsing I lived out of a suitcase for 2 months and had no kitchen etc so we ate a lot of fast-food. I just had to tell myself I'm probably gonna gain weight but I will lose it when I get settled in the new house. Let me know if you are coming to the island!
    I definitly will, Im glad to have found a fitness friend so relateable to myself. We got this girl!
  • haley98110
    haley98110 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm going to tell you the same thing a coworker told me. Your husband is attracted to you for your personality, not your looks. Yes, looks play a part, but generally, once you get the ring around your finger, it has moved beyond the just physical attraction.

That being said, I understand completely what you mean. I've had the same thoughts myself, at one point or another. Men can "get away" with being heavier but women can't. Whether that's true or not is irrelevant. Women will tear themselves down and apart when they realize they are overweight and want to do something about it. Men, may or may not. And you'll gain weight while in a long term relationship. Especially if you've had children. But it's not an impossible journey. He's right there supporting you. And you have a huge network of people here who will cheer you on, if you let them. So chin up. You're already taking massive steps in the right direction.

Your too kind! Thank you, I'm feeling so much better and more motivated already!
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I'm so terribly sorry about your friend. I wish I had more useful words than that. :flowerforyou:
  • eviegreen
    eviegreen Posts: 123 Member
    Options

My husband is the same. Still keeps telling me he loves me the way I am and I don't need to lose a pound but I do need to for myself. It's just so sad when my hubby weighs 150lbs and I weigh 199lbs.
    Like seriously how is he attracted to this. When I met him I weighed 164.
    I guess I put on those "love pounds" plus an extra 30 lol

Oh my, I could have written this, too. The biggest I ever got was 200 pounds, and my husband weighed the exact same as yours, 150. Since we met, I've always been the heavier one. I weigh less than he does now.

Sometimes, this is the wake up call we need to become fitter and healthier. It takes a lot of effort, but it'll be worth it in the end. Keep going with Insanity. I promise you won't regret it.