Trekkies???

Options
jennifer_417
jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
Any Trekkies out there? What's your favorite series? Mine's DS9! (No haters!)

Replies

• kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I never liked DS9. I liked Voyager or Enterprise.
  • schpanks
    schpanks Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Next Gen. :)
  • trunkfish
    trunkfish Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Voyager's my favourite. My favourite episode is from DSN 'Under the Pale Moonlight'. Wasn't sure about the new Enterprise but took to it after a while.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Voyager's my favourite. My favourite episode is from DSN 'Under the Pale Moonlight'. Wasn't sure about the new Enterprise but took to it after a while.

I just started watching Enterprise. I like the premise, but I'm not sure how I feel about the actual show yet.
  • wholenewme03
    wholenewme03 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    TOS and TNG. I don't think that I have a favorite episode, just favorite character quirks and interactions.
  • trunkfish
    Options
    I couldn't get the hang of Caption Archer or T'pol at first - but they grew on me. My husband introduced me to Firefly (the series) and was totally hooked on that.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Next Gen is my favorite. I have tried all others after TNG and never could get into them. Lately, I have been watching the original series via Netflix and though the effects, costumes and such are pretty bad, I can still appreciate it considering when it came out.
  • ferrytrip
    ferrytrip Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    DSN is my favorite series. Gotta love Quark
  • Tatiyanya
    Tatiyanya Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Liked Voyager, TNG (never really watched DSN) , like Star Trek it had its ups (borg story line for me, asolutely love it) and it's downs (holodeck for voyager x.X)

I absolutely LOVEEE FIREFLY and Serenity (the movie). Most likely my very favourite series ever :o . Which is a bad bad thing to say in star trek thread i guess >.>
  • Tank_Girl
    Tank_Girl Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I guess im a trekkie... although I prefer ds9... It has the best klingon, ferrengi and cardassian characters
    Watching voyager at moment but it always frustrates me how stupid the voyager crew are... Their lack of common sense is mind boggling

Grew up watching startrek, my dads a closet trekkie and my husbands a trekkie
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options

Gotta be the ear rub! :devil:
  • twinmama1987
    twinmama1987 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Next Generation/Voyager. A bit of DS9.
  • LADYDEBORAH1984
    LADYDEBORAH1984 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    my favourite is next generation, after that is voyager, i love captain janeway!!!
  • Tank_Girl
    Options

Gotta be the ear rub! :devil:
    Dont you mean oomax!
  • trunkfish
    Options
    I absolutely LOVEEE FIREFLY and Serenity (the movie). Most likely my very favourite series ever :o . Which is a bad bad thing to say in star trek thread i guess >.>

Cannot agree more. Love Star Trek, but Firefly is pure genius. It has an edge and a suspense and really gets to the heart of what people are about, and Malcolm Reynolds isn't all holier than thou and full of moral messages - he's a renegade cavorting around with totally compromised characters - just like real life.

Star Trek is what we aspire to in light universes away from now, and Firefly is what we've got.
  • stagknight
    stagknight Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I am not a trekie, I count myself as a scifidian. I Like all science fiction. I prefer tos and next gen. But was glad when Wesley Crusher went, I did not like him at all.
  • jennifer_417
    Options

Cannot agree more. Love Star Trek, but Firefly is pure genius. It has an edge and a suspense and really gets to the heart of what people are about, and Malcolm Reynolds isn't all holier than thou and full of moral messages - he's a renegade cavorting around with totally compromised characters - just like real life.

Star Trek is what we aspire to in light universes away from now, and Firefly is what we've got.

That's partly why I liked DS9 more than NG, because Picard could be too much of a talking head at times, where as Cisco was more down-to-earth, more like Kirk, really, ready for action. Don't get me wrong, I loved NG, too, tho.
  • TrekkieChic
    TrekkieChic Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Oh, hi. Did someone say my name? *points*

HUGE trekkie right here! And yes, that pun was fully intended!

I'm a Voyager fan. One of my weight loss rewards is a trip to the convention in Vegas in August next year. I'll be going as B'Elanna Torres. Can't wait!!
  • Tank_Girl
    Options

True... Id rather live on serenity though than enterprise/voyager/ds9
  • BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Definitely TNG because that's what I grew up watching. DS9 became my favorite when I got older. Then Voyager. I never really got in to watching Enterprise. DS9 and Voyager appealed to me because they had a set of issues that they didn't have the main Federation to rely on to solve. They were basically on their own, which meant how they dealt with some situations was different than Kirk and Picard. DS9 also has some touches on religion, which was an interesting spectrum.