Beautiful Blues

Options
debnu1
debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
challenge8.JPG

Here we go it is the beginning of a new year! We've picked up a few new and returning members, welcome!

Lets get this year off on the right foot and meet all the goals we have set!

Go blue!!

Replies

• chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Go Blues!! I am so glad to begin the New Year with all of you by my side! Thanks so much for your ongoing support and inspirations....and an occasional butt kick! MUWAH!:smooched:
  • debnu1
    Options
    I thought some of you might be interested in this food blog I started. It includes the recipe for the BL pancakes I made the other day. Most of the recipes I end up putting in the database. So let me know what you think. :happy:

http://debscooking.blogspot.com/
  • shutterbug4674
    shutterbug4674 Posts: 3,690 Member
    Options
    I thought some of you might be interested in this food blog I started. It includes the recipe for the BL pancakes I made the other day. Most of the recipes I end up putting in the database. So let me know what you think. :happy:

Thanks Deb!
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to our Biggest Loser this week Dawn!!!!! Wohoooooooooo!!!

I also want to thank all of you beautiful blues for the great support you have given me in my weight loss journey. I could not have done it without you.

Let's get motivated and energized to start losing weight on 2010 and let's do whatever we can to achieve that.

Muaaaaaaahhhhh back to you, chrissy!!!

Everyone here rocks!
  • chrissyh
    Options

makes me hungry reading all the recipes!
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    debnu1- Great blog, I'll add it to my favorites. Wow, you sure do cook up some delicious foods!!!!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Have you seen the Taco Bell drive thru diet commerical - OH COME ON! I can see those are a better option than a cheeseburger if you have to eat it in the car.... maybe.... I hate the hype on stuff like that!
  • debnu1
    Options
    debnu1- Great blog, I'll add it to my favorites. Wow, you sure do cook up some delicious foods!!!!

I have had to channel my cooking into healthier foods. When my husband and I were first married I would make brownies, texas cake, cookies weekly. Between that and my lack of exercise I put on 20 lbs very quickly. I am finally trying to create healthy meals again. I did before but with two of us it became easier to hit the nearest fast food restaurant than to pack up leftovers and clean the kitchen. :tongue: I am finally realizing what a toll it has put on my health!!

I am glad you all like it. I figure if it is out there I ought to share. :bigsmile:
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    Have you seen the Taco Bell drive thru diet commerical - OH COME ON! I can see those are a better option than a cheeseburger if you have to eat it in the car.... maybe.... I hate the hype on stuff like that!

I actually did see it and put a post on here about it. Its a big joke. I can't believe that they are doing it. But they want to get on the band wagon also I guess. Whatever, I will eat there if I happen to cross it but luckly I don't have to cross it often at all. So no temptation for me there.
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    My hubby is actually a great inspiration when it comes to not eating out. He says yes it maybe quick but think of all the grease that you are eating and money you are spending. THis coming out of a skinny man who can not gain a pound to save his butt :bigsmile: When he says that I think of all that grease clogging my arteries and the fat going strait to my belly so I find something better at home for me.
  • j_g4ever
    Options
    Sorry for the gain you guys. I had to be honest with myself. I shall shred that in a matter of time. I did the Jillian last chance workout lastnight and holy crap I burned almost 1,000 calories. And I had to stop before cool down I thought I was going to pass out. I think walking is in store for me today. My hubby is going online right now and going to play some games with his new PS3 so this would be the time for me. vs. when the biggest loser is on.

So my hubby is so sweet. I woke up yesterday morning to a new laptop sitting on my chair. OMG was I excited. I'm so spoiled. now to pay the credit card off he he. But we deserve to spoil ourselves from time to time. :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • dawn717
    dawn717 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to our Biggest Loser this week Dawn!!!!! Wohoooooooooo!!!

I also want to thank all of you beautiful blues for the great support you have given me in my weight loss journey. I could not have done it without you.

Let's get motivated and energized to start losing weight on 2010 and let's do whatever we can to achieve that.

Muaaaaaaahhhhh back to you, chrissy!!!

Everyone here rocks!

I appologize if there was a mix up. I started at 168.4 but lost just a pound last week. It took all 8 weeks to lose the 5. I'm happy with that though. You Blues are the best support!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • debnu1
    Options
    I just put in the numbers to relate your loss, with the information I had. I am not too worried about it. :smile:

I actually have not seen that Taco bell commercial yet. I will have to watch for it. Maybe it will be on during BL, that would be funny! :laugh:

j-g I am a little jealous, I would love to have a laptop, but we are trying to save up so if we ever move we will have cash to spare. Maybe one day I will splurge and treat myself too!

I actually walked on the treadmill today at 2mph for 20 min. I figure I am only 2 days away from a month since I had that mole removed and I needed the endorphen boost today. Also that is about how fast I walk on sauntering days so I ought to be ok. I am tired of feeling down because I loved the boost I got from running.

The plus side of all that is that I have lost weight the last couple of weeks with only upper body strength and eating. Not bad for a recovering overeater if I say so myself!!:flowerforyou:
  • Taradise
    Taradise Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I would also like to thank you all for the support and motivation. I wouldn't of stuck with MFP this long without you all! And I wouldn't bounce back after mistakes without your support. So thank you blues. You are the key to my success!

debnu1 - Congrats for being strong and finding ways to exercise. Great job losing weight.. keep it up!

j_g4ever - yay for the new laptop!!!

smadag1 - its wonderful to have a spouse who helps with making better food choices. My husband is very supportive and its makes life so much easier!

So I went to the gym tonight to take a boxing class. It had started snowing earlier here in England but it wasn't sticking much. Well half way through the class, we were told that local police just called to inform them that several roads were being closed due to the snow. So we were all advised to head home. I was surprised when I found my car covered in 1.5 inches of snow. Made it safely back home but my workout was cut short. And its still snowing... wonder how much we'll get tomorrow. This much snow is out of the ordinary for England.
  • chrissyh
    Options
    debnu-way to go - be careful though

Taradise glad you made it home ok.

jess-I want a laptop so badly....I have two that are crashed!

Ran 2 miles walked 1 on treadmill.....feels good to be back in a routine...holiday craziness makes it so hard. That will be my gift to myself next year - I will not sacrifice my workout time!
  • debnu1
    Options
    Chrissy I promise I will be careful! :smile: I will lax off even more tomorrow. I am just tired of feeling lazy. I am also developing quite the habit of being on the internet and I need to find something better to do with my time. :bigsmile: (when I have to search for something to search for I am getting myself in trouble)

Time to finally take the tree down--I sure am slow, it is the last of the christmas decorations though.

:flowerforyou:
  • dawn717
    dawn717 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Debnu1, that's what I have to do tonight too, take the tree down. I got everything else put away yesterday and the snowmen are out. That definitly gave me excercise, lugging all the stuff upstairs (and it's not like anyone helped). They helped when I was putting it up, I guess it's no fun to put it away.

I'm still stuck at work trying to get some reports done. Too hectic during the day to work on them. At least I can't snack!!
  • j_g4ever
    Options
    Just got done on the treadmill. I did a 20 min workout that is up to 4mph so that would be running speed for me. Then it comes back down after about 6 mins. I then did an additional 10mins of walking at about 3mph. It feels great and I burned. 454calories. not even close to yesterday but I will do Jillian again tomorrow. Now I have my rest time to watch the biggest loser.
  • mrwatson
    Options
    Looks like everyone is having a better start this week. I think the New Year resolutions must be kicking in.
    I didn't do as well today as I have the last few days. I have had a terrible headache with little relief. I was able to sneak in a little exercise at work today before the headache started....just not enough to burn all of the calories I ate.

I am just glad that I logged everything in and checked in with the group. Your posts encourage me to try a little harder even when I don't feel like it.
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Debnu - your blog looks good. Thanks for sharing!

I solved the problem of having to take down the Christmas tree this year - I was so busy that I never got it put up! (Actually, I lost it, but that's another story.)

I woke up early this morning, so got up and worked out, as I knew that I couldn't tonight. I had a podiatrist appt. this afternoon, got injections in the neuromas on a foot, and I hope to goodness that it quits hurting by tomorrow so that I can work out then.

I suppose I should get something done so that I can get to bed. Sweet dreams, all!