Healthy breakfast ideas. NEED YOUR FAVORITES.

Options
Hello to all MFPers! I'm starting my life style change this week. I'm 18, a freshman in college and I have a weight loss goal of about 30 pounds. I was just curious what your favorite healthy breakfast to eat is. I'm just looking for some ideas because breakfast always seems to be the hardest for me and I'm looking for some ideas!

I'm also looking for some more friends for motivation. Do you feel the same?! :D
Thanks for your comments!!

--Courtney

Replies

• TinGirl314
    TinGirl314 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Hey!

Welcome to the site!
    My breakfast usually consists of egg whites and turkey sausage with ketsup.
    I know it sounds really lame but it's great on protein verses calories. :)

Edited to add: and I just pop the whole thing in the microwave for two minutes.
  • HelenaHN
    Options
    Hi, there! I also started using myfitnesspal this week. In my opinion, at breakfast you should always eat some carbs. But it depends on the area you live in. Here in Spain we usually have a light breakfast, while in the USA or England people tend to have more protein. What it works for me: a glass of milk (sometimes soy milk), normally with coffee, a piece of fruit and grain toast with low calorie jam. If not, any kind of healthy cereals would be fine.

Hope it helped!
  • hipsdontlie1
    hipsdontlie1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    2 boiled eggs & half a grapefruit! protein shakes are always good too! also, if you don't want the fat from the whole egg then just do 3 egg whites instead!
  • fitmum2be
    fitmum2be Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    If i'm really busy I just make some egg cups.... muffin tray one egg in each hole, throw in some vegetables and bake. I like it as it's easy simple and are good on the go plus two muffins gives me protein without any carbs from bread or cereal.
    My favourite breaky is poached eggs on wholewheat toast with light cream cheese but my normal breakfast is kellogs special K advantage with l/f milk.
    Another idea ive been using is the insanity breakfast egg white wrap... YUM!
  • PurpleMilly
    PurpleMilly Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    2 weetabix with semi-skimmed milk, fat free Greek yoghurt & soft fruit (eg blueberries or raspberries) & a large mug of coffee (black)
  • nikinonsense
    Options
    I try to stick with protein shakes or a fiber bar. I don't have a lot of time in the morning so it's whatever I can grab. Fruit is also good. I'm really into oranges now. They're just really hard to eat. I'm still getting used to that part.
  • vincent1959
    Options
    I normaly eat some kind of grain oatmeal, grits or kamut cooked in skim milk with a little maple syrup. Maybe a piece of fruit and a soy smoothie. I am on 1900 calories a day which is a little more than most of the ladies on this forum. But you can adjust your portion size. I did get a good breakfast idea on here. Putting avocado on eggs, add a little mango salsa and voila. You have a very tasty breakfeast.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    2 boiled eggs & half a grapefruit! protein shakes are always good too! also, if you don't want the fat from the whole egg then just do 3 egg whites instead!

bad idea. the fat in eggs is 100% fine. Keep the fat and add a fruit and possibly a slice of whole grain toast w/ 1 tbsp peanut butter to give you ~350-400 calories. that's PERFECT!
  • GCLyds
    GCLyds Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Cereal, milk, and a sliced banana.

Toast, peanut butter, and a banana.

2 eggs, and one slice of toast.

Oatmeal, raisins, and milk.

Yogurt, with granola sprinkled on top.
  • SweetMe1
    SweetMe1 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi! My favorite breakfast is 2 scrambled eggs, a handful of blueberries or raspberries or half a banana, and a half slice of lightly butterered whole grain toast. I also have a cup of coffee with Splenda and a splash of milk. This is what I have every morning and it works well for me.

Another idea is plain oatmeal (you can get them in individual packets) with sliced peaches and a handful of nuts.

Good luck!
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    3 eggs (all WITH yolk)
    3 slices back bacon
    1/2 avocado
    1 tomato

450 cals of deliciousness
  • ghostpixie
    ghostpixie Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I love Greek yogurt for breakfast :)
  • jrwatson87
    Options
    I take a couple small tortillas, fill them with liquid egg whites (can also add an egg in there), a couple baby Yukon gold potatoes, some low cal shredded cheese, and add a little ketchup. It's super filling and satisfies those cravings for salt and sugar.
  • bethygirlie
    bethygirlie Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Egg beaters southwestern style mixed with a little part skim mozzarella, you can heat it up in a cup in the micro if you want, then put it in a low cal tortilla/wrap for an awesome breakfast burrito :)
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    I usually do toast with some light butter, either milk or OJ, and some greek yogurt or hard-boiled eggs. Keeps me full and is very quick.
  • 2hobbit1
    2hobbit1 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    smoothies
    Pumpkin, protein powder, baby spinach, pumpkin pie spice

Burrito - spinach, salsa, pepper jack, scrambled egg
    Burrito - leftover chili/rice/cheese

Steel cut oats w protein powder and fruit
  • potter315
    Options
    one large egg-over hard, slice of fat free american cheese, 2 slices of turkey bacon on two slices of wheat toast. 260 calories for the whole sandwich.. YUMMMM!!
  • Sweetsugar0424
    Sweetsugar0424 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I like Kashi cereals (there are a few kinds that have protein and fiber) with milk. If I want to mix it up, I will have an egg and egg white scrambled along with some oatmeal.
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Protein pancakes! :)
    1 scoop of protein powder
    1/4 cup of egg whites
    1/2 a banana
    I usually put in some brown sugar and cinnamon. Still playing around w/ the recipe
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I make my own fruit smoothies and throw in some protein powder.
    other days it's greek yogurt and fruit
    Good luck!