IBS GUIDE/Information for people who have Irritable Bowel

Options
13»

Replies

• Teresaj_21
    Options
    Hey everyone I too have had IBS for about 12 years now and it sucks. I have found it to be a very personal disorder and what works for one may not work for another. But I found a book called Eating For IBS, when I was very sick and it really helped me get everything back on track then I was able to slowly add some foods back in and test which ones were the worst for me. I too find stress to be my main trigger. I have had no success with supplements or medications other than an all natural pro biotic but even that I am not sure made a huge difference. The biggest thing for me is no red meat (beef, pork, or lamb) no fatty foods and limited dairy. The meat thins is a major trigger for me. Again the book that helped me was Eating for IBS by Heather Van Vorous. I think it is worth a read plus it has a lot of recipes which is helpful as sometimes I am at a loss as to what to eat when I really want one of my bad foods.and explained why those foods made me sick so I could find substitutes like wild game instead of red meat.
  • espomama12
    espomama12 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    What was the name of the book and who is the author. That would probably be a more simple solution.

The book is called "IBS RELIEF" -A complete approach to managing Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Its the updated and expanded second edition. The author is Dawn Burstall, R.D, T. Michael Vallis, Ph.D, and Geoffery K Turnball, M.D

Thanks for sharing
  • espomama12
    espomama12 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I think I might have IBS. :( Did you guys give up coffee? I'm going to have to reduce my caffeine and dairy intake and see if it helps. I'm also going to start drinking peppermint tea. I'm looking for other tips and friend requests.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    espomama12 wrote: »
    I think I might have IBS. :( Did you guys give up coffee? I'm going to have to reduce my caffeine and dairy intake and see if it helps. I'm also going to start drinking peppermint tea. I'm looking for other tips and friend requests.

This thread is over 3 years old. I doubt anyone from the first conversation is still here.