Pregnancy 2010

13»

Replies

• I'm here!!! How exciting, Angela!!! I don't know where everybody else is, but I am super excited for you. You could get that First Response test that does it up to five days in advance and do it that day or whenever. Keep us posted.
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,599 Member
    Angela! How is it going??/ Any word yet?? Fingers crossed!

Sorry, I haven't watched the thread the last couple of days.

I have a question, does anyone know why lifting weights doesn't burn calories on here?
  • jalara
    Soo ... Wednesday should be exciting ... it will be our first weigh in since having a full week of starting this group. AND Wednesday is when my period is due SO I may take a pregnancy test that day as well if it doesn't come ... or should I wait a few days? What do you guys think?

I can never wait, although the anticipation is so much fun (and stressful).

I can't wait to hear the results!
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Oh...how exciting. I would wait until the day you are supposed to get it, and if you dont, then take a test. I totally understand though, the waiting is the toughest part.

How is everyone doing with the workouts & eatting? I thought I was doing great....but the scale was NOT my friend this week. I am pretty bummed out. I was so mad yesterday I rebelled against the gym:noway:

Hopefully I will get my but in gear today and go. I was just so frustrated with the fact that I didn't see any results, i felt like I had to show the gym that I controlled it, and didn't have to go....what was I thinking????.

Hope you all have a great day.
  • jalara
    Hey Amanda!

I understand what you mean. I had a bad weekend (found out I didn't get a job, and I was really upset about it). I didn't log my food, and I didn't go to the gym. I'm scared of what it'll mean on Wednesday morning for weigh on.

Also, I haven't been getting enough sleep, and it's really taking a toll on me. And since sleep helps with weight loss, not to mention my sever lack of energy, I'm concerned about that. I'm nearly asleep on my desk this morning!

But don't fret - we're in this together. And remember that if you are having trouble, you can always look to us for help!

Pam
  • Pam, I think MFP tracks calories burned only with cardio exercises and any type of weight lifting or other strength exercises do not show calories burned. I wish they did because I think it would help w/ the motivation to keep doing certain types of work outs.

Holly
  • We just passed our "window" so I'm in the TWW. A long 2 weeks!! Ugh.
  • HOLLYJ77

Is that noah gundersen in your ticker?

Hi Angela,

That is Jimmy Gnecco from the band Ours! Check them out on You Tube if you like alternative rock (They are not mainstream which rocks even more!) This is a good one! :glasses:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GcUBT6uVGY
  • Angela,

I looked up Noah Gundersen. Very talented as well! I've never heard of him.
  • I'm sorry you didn't get that job, jalara48. That can be pretty stressful. I'm glad you logged back on and are back to logging everything today.

Hope everybody is doing well. I did really good today. I have not gone over my calories in a week and a half!! I am pretty excited. Small victory dance. :bigsmile:
  • In response to the question about calories burned strength training - add them in under the cardio portion. It will show the calories burnt then. I don't even bother putting anything under the strength training category.
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Angela! How is it going??/ Any word yet?? Fingers crossed!

Sorry, I haven't watched the thread the last couple of days.

I have a question, does anyone know why lifting weights doesn't burn calories on here?

I calculated wrong, since I ovulated a day late, I'm not due until Thursday, so I probably won't test until Saturday. I'll you guys know as soon as I do! :-) I hear if you're pregnancy your basal body temperatures continue to rise and they've been at a constant number since ovulation so hmm ... no se.

As far as your weight lifting question (I haven't read the rest of the these messages so someone else might have already covered this) but the calories burned from weight lifting have a lot of different factors: how much weight your lifting, how you lift it, how fast you lift it, etc etc etc ... SO there is a weight lifting option under cardiovascular you can choose, and if you use a heart rate moniter you can put in how many calories you burn. Hope that helps!
  • 00Angela00
    Oh...how exciting. I would wait until the day you are supposed to get it, and if you dont, then take a test. I totally understand though, the waiting is the toughest part.

How is everyone doing with the workouts & eatting? I thought I was doing great....but the scale was NOT my friend this week. I am pretty bummed out. I was so mad yesterday I rebelled against the gym:noway:

Hopefully I will get my but in gear today and go. I was just so frustrated with the fact that I didn't see any results, i felt like I had to show the gym that I controlled it, and didn't have to go....what was I thinking????.

Hope you all have a great day.

how often do you weigh yourself? You might already know this, but your body naturally fluctuates about 2 pounds from day to day. They usually recommend you weight yourself and the same time of day and I wouldn't do it more than once a week. If you do it too often you might get discouraged. And I ALWAYS recommend measuring the parts of your body that you want changed so that you can see the improvement. Muscle weighs more than fat so sometimes the scale won't more even if the inches are slipping away. :-) Lastly take pictures! Either in a bra and underwear, bikini, or tight clothes. You don't have to post them here, but take the pics once a month to visually see the change!
  • guamchar
    guamchar Posts: 100 Member
    you know what I was thinking? Maybe each week when we start a new thread whoever starts it should post quick explenation of the group so new people know what the group is about. I just realized that people opening the thread for the first time probably have no clue why we're here haha
    I just assumed that someone was pregnant. I am so glad that there is a group for people like me hoping to get pregnant in 2010. I'm glad I found you though. I'll be checking in weekly with you. Thanks for making this group :flowerforyou:
  • In response to the question about calories burned strength training - add them in under the cardio portion. It will show the calories burnt then. I don't even bother putting anything under the strength training category.

Oh, I had no idea. Thanks!
  • 00Angela00
    We just passed our "window" so I'm in the TWW. A long 2 weeks!! Ugh.

feels like the longest two weeks EVER! good luck!
  • jalara
    Happy Wednesday! This group has contnued with a new thread entitled 'Pregnancy 2010 - Week 2'.

See you there!

Also, Guamchar - welcome to the group!
This discussion has been closed.