green tea!

Options

Replies

• SarahSosi
    SarahSosi Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I just started drinking green tea... not for dieting purposes actually. My mom wanted me to try it and i liked it. It has several health benefits, so why not!

For ME I've found when I drink green tea i feel less hungry and it helps with digestion.

i know about keeping full! i usually wake up very hungry :blushing: have no clue y! and i need something to help me keep full till breakfast time or i will eat all the fridge lol! :love:
  • SarahSosi
    Options
    Green tea is good stuff! There are people who will even bathe in it.

wohooo i want to bathe in it too! count me in! :laugh:
  • marias2gaa
    marias2gaa Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    so is diet lipton green tea berry still considered as effective as regular green tea?:noway:
  • cmphelan77
    Options
    I drink Green Tea, Water and Unsweet tea. Those are my options. Green Tea is great because of the Health Benefits, antioxidants and helps with belly fat as well. Something else to think about is Lemon. Lemon really helps flavor water/tea cold or hot. Lemon is a strong antibacterial, antiviral, immune booster, digestive aid and liver cleanser. It is a citrus fruit rich in vitamin C, it also contains vitamin B, riboflavin and minerals like calcium, phosphorus, magnesium as well as proteins and carbohydrates. If you are not used to drinking plain water, lemon water is an excellent alternative, it adds flavour to your drink and in the meantime provides enormous health benefits. But DO NOT buy the Lemon Juice in the lemon looking bottle. It is fake, use the real thing. I bring a lemon to work with me everyday and leave it on my desk and everytime I refill my water bottle or re up on hot water I squeeze some in. Lemons dont need any refrigeration due to its acidic level, so there is no fear. I would strongly recommend adding lemon to everything.
  • cmphelan77
    Options
    No check the ingrediants and sugar level. If it doesnt say just Green tea then dont drink it. One to up to 4 Ingrediant foods are the way to go for any successful lifestyle change. As long as one of those ingrediants isnt sugar or some form of.
  • Cheryl188
    Cheryl188 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm just learning to drink green tea and add Matcha (green tea powder) to smoothies. I recommend adding peppermint tea to green tea for a flavour change. Peppermint tea also helps with digestion and upset stomach.
  • Mamasota
    Options
    I don't know if it works or not but a friend of mine who lost over 100 lbs swears by it and takes it in capsule form. I don't think there's any magic bullet. Green coffee is the latest fad. It usually comes down to calories in versus calories burned.
  • SarahSosi
    Options
    so is diet lipton green tea berry still considered as effective as regular green tea?:noway:
    am wondering that my self! i drink lipton green tea bags! is it effective as others?
  • SarahSosi
    Options
    No check the ingrediants and sugar level. If it doesnt say just Green tea then dont drink it. One to up to 4 Ingrediant foods are the way to go for any successful lifestyle change. As long as one of those ingrediants isnt sugar or some form of.

loving the HOT water with Lemons hun! i drink that in the morning as well! it keeps me full! and i feel quite warm :happy: loving it! thanks for the advice!
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Gree tea smoothie:

1 cup brewed green tea
    1 cup fruit
    1/2 cup kale

Blend well add water if needed :)
  • turboturtlepower
    Options
    No one else has mentioned it...so I'll mention the downside. Drink TOO much (say more than 2-3 cups when you start out)... and you'll have the craps. I'd just stick with 1 cup in the am, and 1 cup in the pm to start up - then increase.
  • wymanic
    wymanic Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Question based on this thread: What are the caffeine levels for green tea as I get really shaky and have trouble sleeping with even trace amounts of caffeine? Anyone know?
  • SarahSosi
    Options
    I'm just learning to drink green tea and add Matcha (green tea powder) to smoothies. I recommend adding peppermint tea to green tea for a flavour change. Peppermint tea also helps with digestion and upset stomach.
    amazing advice! :flowerforyou: thanks hun!
  • Sailatsorf
    Sailatsorf Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I drink about two cups for lunch every day. It really gives me a boost!
  • dididede
    dididede Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking green tea for the past ten years or so, yes I was hooked in with the weight loss claims initially but stuck with it anyway because I grew to enjoy it and like the taste. Sorry to say no though - it isn't a miracle cure or else I wouldn't be on here trying to lose weight lol!
  • SarahSosi
    Options
    I don't know if it works or not but a friend of mine who lost over 100 lbs swears by it and takes it in capsule form. I don't think there's any magic bullet. Green coffee is the latest fad. It usually comes down to calories in versus calories burned.

ofcourse! calories in and out! but there are some other small things that helps! loving the loss of your friend by the way :heart:
  • SarahSosi
    Options
    :love:
    Gree tea smoothie:

1 cup brewed green tea
    1 cup fruit
    1/2 cup kale

Blend well add water if needed :)

love it! will give it a try ! thanks hun!
  • SarahSosi
    Options
    I've been drinking green tea for the past ten years or so, yes I was hooked in with the weight loss claims initially but stuck with it anyway because I grew to enjoy it and like the taste. Sorry to say no though - it isn't a miracle cure or else I wouldn't be on here trying to lose weight lol!

heheh! thanks for the honest answer! loving the answer all well :heart:
  • SarahSosi
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    I drink about two cups for lunch every day. It really gives me a boost!

awesome!
  • SarahSosi
    Options
    No one else has mentioned it...so I'll mention the downside. Drink TOO much (say more than 2-3 cups when you start out)... and you'll have the craps. I'd just stick with 1 cup in the am, and 1 cup in the pm to start up - then increase.

yup! amazing advice! baby steps! :heart: thanks hun!