Samsung Galaxy S3 vs HTC EVO 4g LTE

Options
2»

Replies

• wwk10
    wwk10 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Pedal Pusher. iPhone makes a great phone. I would love to really try one out for a month or so, but I love my Android.
    I dont like Apples not being backwards compatible.
    I dont like that I can charge off anybodys charger except for Apples.
    Apple does the have the best third party accessories. I like the water proof Life case.
  • BronnersHarris
    BronnersHarris Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    S3 - Was on my second in less than a month and now 3 months later and having to take it back in to the store this week for repairs. Wishing I had gone for something else now. :(
  • Devild0ll
    Options
    I used to work for Sprint... as a former employee:

F HTC. Go with the S3.

THis! I will never own another HTC in my life! Nothing but hassles.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you'll do fine with both phones, but I'm an HTC fan myself. I used to be on Sprint and the EVO 3D was my favorite phone to date...of course I had it rooted and was running CleanRom to remove all the bloatware.

Since Sprint decided that I was no longer a worthy customer I had to switch and went with AT&T and now have the HTC One X, which is basically the HTC Evo 4G with some slight differences. I personally like HTC Sense interface and my phone works perfectly all the time for me. All my HTC phones have. However, if I were to ever switch, it would be to a Samsung, but for now I'm happy with my HTC.
  • Endershadow
    Endershadow Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I switched from the Evo 4G to the Galaxy Nexus. I don't feel like either Sense or Samsung's launcher is superior. The phones should be roughly equal so I think your only concern should be service. The EVO LTE looks awesome but I wasn't even getting 3g with sprint.

Could also look into Tmobile $30 prepaid monthly plan. Now I get 4G and can save money in the long run! But I'm not sure if the S3 unlocked will work with this plan. Galaxy Nexus is no slouch though, still a huge upgrade over the EVO 4G.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    The both suck. Get an iPhone 5.

148841_497523233593038_686783576_n_zpsac3237d0.jpg
  • dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I love my S3. But I have weird issues that I wonder if other people have.

For instance, when the phone is in "lock" mode, and I go to try unlock with my code, the screen is pushed out of the actual window so only a few numbers show up and of course, the <enter> button is off the screen. So I have to shut down and turn back on.

Sometimes the music player will randomly start. It's only happened a few times but it's ghost like which creeps me out.

I also had a hard time finding an arm band to fit it, but wound up locating one at REI meant for larger phones. Was $40 bucks which is absurd, but hopefully will be the one and only one I use for my racing. Good luck with it -- the photos are incredible!!!
  • dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    The both suck. Get an iPhone 5.

148841_497523233593038_686783576_n_zpsac3237d0.jpg

hahahah HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA that is freaking AWESOME!!!
  • Stronger_Diva
    Stronger_Diva Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this thread! I was about to jump off the ledge and get an iPhone because my Motorola just sucks. However I do LOVE Android... I'd been considering the S3 as well. So I think I'll be getting an S3 when my contract is due for renewal.

BTW i don't think any phone is worth sleeping in the gutter for.