I am calling this a SUCCESS!!!

Options
So I have been working out or at least trying to. Treadmill, Turbo Fire and other dvd's. But I just can't seem to keep up. So I decided I am done smoking! I am now on day 3 of no smoking and feel wonderful! I can't believe the difference in my body already! So yes, I am calling this a success! I am done putting that crap into my body and letting it rule my life. I AM NOT GOING BACK TO IT!

Replies

• doin_it
    doin_it Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! This is a great SUCCESS indeed! Keep that positive attitude and nothing will ever get in your way!! Keep up the good work!
  • trixiemou
    trixiemou Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Well done!!!!!1
  • amy32lynn
    amy32lynn Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    So fantastic, good for you that is a great success!!!!!!!!!
  • cdmalmrose
    cdmalmrose Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Goog decision ...
    I quit over 13 years ago. never looked back .., Best decision I ever made for ME ...

Good luck. You really can kick the habit if you want to.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I quit Jan 26th, 2012 after finding out I had blood clots in my heart and legs! After 9 months I can do so much more but I know at age 60 there is damage that can not be fixed. Please do not start again! You are special and I hope you have a very successful journey here and adapt a new healthy lifestyle!/Cindy
  • sandrahermione
    Options
    Well done and thank you. My little girl (three years old) and I both have asthma and she has been in emergency care after being exposed to passive smoke ( a room where someone had smoked an hour earlier). It was heartbreaking. I do not think smokers realise the harm they do themselves and others. Of course it is a free world and I would never tell anyone to stop but your decision make the world a safer place for asthmatics like me. Thank you, truly, I am grateful.
  • c_mihelich
    c_mihelich Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    One of the greatest challenges you will ever overcome!!!!! Great job and good luck!
  • c_mihelich
    c_mihelich Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    One of the greatest challenges you will ever overcome!!!!! Great job and good luck!
  • tiffd1000
    Options
    Congrats! Keep it up! I stoped about 1.5yrs ago and don't regret it!
  • Tatyanne
    Tatyanne Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    You are a very strong person!!!
    If you can do that, you can do anything.
    I give my congratulations to you, indeed you deserve it.
    Keep up with good decisions :D

Kisses,
    Tatyanne
  • Amberh82
    Amberh82 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I am on day 8! you can add me as a friend if you want and we can try to be strong and quit together
  • jimgatewood
    jimgatewood Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Probably the best thing you will ever do for yourself and loved ones. Good for you!
  • KansasGal
    KansasGal Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Everyone! Your comments motivate me even more!
  • Larisonlj
    Larisonlj Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Good! For! You!
    Don't look back keep moving forward!
  • randomirrelevant
    Options
    This is wonderful! You are now past the physical addiction and any cravings are psychological after this point. I quit 204 days ago and it just keeps getting better and better! I love the freedom of not having to find a way to smoke a cigarette ever hour or so and how I don't stink like stale smoke aside form the obvious health benefits. Just keep in mind NOT EVEN ONE MORE CIGARETTE. There have been so many times I've quit for months or a year and then decided just one cigarette during a stressful moment wouldn't hurt anything. Please don't do it. It was never worth it.
  • yesmikan
    yesmikan Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I would never tell anyone to stop
    Why not? Doing harm to yourself is one thing, but doing harm to others is another matter.
  • KansasGal
    KansasGal Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I would never tell anyone to stop

Why would you even post this? Trying to start something or just a drama queen? Sounds like no one would want your opinion anyways...
  • bufger
    bufger Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Thats great. I quit 2 years ago now and im not looking back. There will be times that you'll be tested - mine were after a good meal, outside on a sunny day and when drinking alcohol but you must see the end goal and keep going.

Imagine how healthy you'll be when you're done with smoking and lose weight!
  • jazee11
    jazee11 Posts: 321
    Options
    Good for you!

I used to smoke. Once for three years (age 17 to 20). Then I picked it up again for about 9 months (at age 29). It took the whole 9 months for me to quit, thank goodness I finally did it. Smoking sucks butt!
  • mommajolynn
    mommajolynn Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you girl. I can't believe its only been 6 months since I quit and I feel a million times better. the sheer energy and breathing alone is enough to make me never look back. I don't hack a lung up anymore! Keep up the great work!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!