Should I let a toxic friend know I am thinking about her?

Options
1235»

Replies

• 3shirts
    3shirts Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Show me your friends and I will tell you what your future will be.

Bad company corrupts good charter.

You can't drive forward if you keep looking in rear view mirror.

Do I need to say more? Some relationships are best left in past and forgotten about. They all - good and bad leave impact on us and form soul-ties because we are spiritual beings.

That's really useful advice, I wish I had your insight/book of pointless clichés
  • NatashaB8
    NatashaB8 Posts: 202
    Options
    I have had the same kind of friendship but I just ended it and that was that. We saw each other on a couple of nights out and said hi but nothing else came of it.

It's best to stay away, keep the gift.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    No!
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    If I was the friend and you sent the gift... I'd sendi t back.

If you are friends, you're there good and bad.....if you dumped her because you couldn't handle it, you're probably better off -- but so is she..

Let it go....
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Uh... you ended the friendship, you do not want to be friends... use your head... do you send the gift or not?
    I would say no, sending the gift is re-opening the door to something you do not want. If you want to try and re-kindle the friendship do it but if you don't than don't send the gift. It will just open old wounds.
  • cparter
    cparter Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Friends have come into my life and left over the years.

I do not believe in picking sores but if you broke off the friendship in a way that could be considered disheartening it would pay to reach out and say 'I am sorry the way I abruptly stepped away from our friendship but I just could not handle it anymore and I wish you the best' where the gift would be a nice parting goodbye.

However, if you broke off the friendship and have no regrets for how you did it you owe her nothing but owe yourself to move on with your life.

Sincerely,

~Los
  • cparter
    cparter Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Eepa. I just realized as I read through that this is an ooooold thread. Strange how they come back to life.

Monica
    Yeah, I know right. The burning question is 'what did the originator ultimately do in the end'?
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    NEVERMIND....old, resuscitated thread….she didn’t send the gift…dilemma resolved . :ohwell:
  • fmebear
    fmebear Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Return the gift. If you've ended the friendship, it's over. Sending a gift will confuse matters and implies a relationship is still there. If you run into her, be nice and cordial. That's all.

^^^ This. Do not confuse the matter for her or yourself. Sending the gift will make her think you want to be friends again.
  • OutsideCreativ
    OutsideCreativ Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I would not give the gift. Sends mixed signals.

Maybe old on to it for a while, and if at some point in a given time frame (you choose... weeks, months, 1 year) she reaches out to you-- then maybe see if things have changed. If you feel like it then-- you can give her the gift.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    NEVERMIND....old, resuscitated thread….she didn’t send the gift…dilemma resolved . :ohwell:
    I hate those lol...