Desserts!

Options
What is your favorite low-calorie dessert? And I don't mean a 10cal fruit popsicle. I am a serious choco-holic needing to find alternatives to brownies.

Replies

• savageman69
    savageman69 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    how about you eat a brownie.....I really dont get why people avoid foods
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Why don't you want to eat a brownie?
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Brownie with hot fudge and ice cream...gimmie NOW!:angry:
  • Zainia
    Zainia Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Fiber one 90 cal brownies are pretty good, if a bit small. Frozen bananas (with or without cocoa powder) make an delicious ice cream-like substitute. Hot chocolate made with cocoa powder and milk or water is pretty good too. You can also make homemade brownies with vegan ingredients and red or black beans instead of flour.
  • Enonoid
    Enonoid Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Chick-Fil-A has a mini version of their Brownie sundae that aint too bad on cals.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    All the brownies are crying! See what you did???
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Fiber One brownies are decent. But if you want a brownie, have one. Just don't have the whole pan. Eat it slowly, enjoy it, and be done. If that's too difficult for you, try dark chocolate. That works for me.
  • fry5150
    fry5150 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Use the brownie as motivation. Work a little extra hard in the gym and go for it as a reward.
  • HMToomey
    Options
    how about you eat a brownie.....I really dont get why people avoid foods

^^ This. I exercise for dessert! Living should never be about deprivation!!!!!!!!!

Moderation, good.
    Deprivation, bad.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    Sometimes I have about a cup of strawberries or other friut with a nice blob of canned whipped cream...about 100 calories.
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    chocolate milk! - - has protein and tastes sweet and nummy!
  • SF2514
    SF2514 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I like moon pop with a tsp of honey =)
  • msacurrie
    msacurrie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    For the most part, I just eat the same desserts I always have. I just make sure to follow the serving! Instead of a giant bowl of ice cream, I make sure it's just a 1/2 cup or 1 cup if I have exercised a lot that day. You have to treat yourself or you will go crazy :) I've lost 26 pounds in 4 months with very little change to the types of foods that I eat.
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I'm an ice cream person, myself. If you live in Canada, Chapman's sells a dutch chocolate flavor that is 90 calories per half-cup and tastes amazing - regular ice cream is double that and I like this better.

If you don't (even if you do, really), this site should solve all your problems.
    http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Eat the brownie. Just make arrangements to walk a few extra steps today or tomorrow. And don't pig out on said brownie, just have one. or half of one now, and half later. Or eat the whole pan now and plan on working it off for the next week :P If you are worried a lot about it , make your own using the healthier substitutes and then enjoy not feeling bad :)

forbidding yourself of something forever is silly, restraining yourself to a once in a while treat is bliss.

It's almost time for my chocolate chip cookie. Nom nom!
  • zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate is my god.
  • skrakalaka
    skrakalaka Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I like a couple squares of 70% dark chocolate broken up mixed with almonds. And frozen greek yogurt.
  • imhungry2012
    imhungry2012 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    1 box devils food cake mix + 1 can pumpkin puree = 12 delcious cupcakes @ 145 cals each
    or
    1 box yellow cake mix + 1 can crushed pinneapple (20 oz. can) = 24 delicious cupcakes @ 95 cals each (my favorite!)
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Killer brownies

264.jpg
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    there was just a recipe for black bean brownies on popular forum posts.

i still make my favorite baked goods, but i use egg whites, whole wheat flour and applesauce rather than whole eggs, white flour, and oil.

and i *try* to eat less of what i make..still struggling on that.