Desserts!

Options

Replies

• JennedyJLD
    JennedyJLD Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    What is your favorite low-calorie dessert? And I don't mean a 10cal fruit popsicle. I am a serious choco-holic needing to find alternatives to brownies.

I suggest Skinny Cow / Unreal chocolate candies. They're delicious and satisfy the craving!
  • Cese27
    Cese27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Killer brownies

264.jpg
    Where the hell is this from?
    Can't understand y peeps totally cut things out i believe ben&jerry have made a considerable amount of cash from me
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Killer brownies

264.jpg
    Can't understand y peeps totally cut things out i believe ben&jerry have made a considerable amount of cash from me

Dorthy lane market, they are unreal

http://www.dorothylane.com/products/viewdetail.pl?id=114
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    1 box devils food cake mix + 1 can pumpkin puree = 12 delcious cupcakes @ 145 cals each
    or
    1 box yellow cake mix + 1 can crushed pinneapple (20 oz. can) = 24 delicious cupcakes @ 95 cals each (my favorite!)

Oohhh those sound delectable. On my "to do" lsit for dessert next time! Thanks!
  • SF2514
    SF2514 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Killer brownies

264.jpg

I don't even like brownies normally, but this looks like something I could definitely eat haha.
  • XxXWhitneyShereeXxX
    Options
    hersheys chocolate milk, and weight watchers ice cream bars are really good and low calorie im addicted to them lol
  • Cese27
    Cese27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Killer brownies

264.jpg

Damm shame I can't get that in England

• savageman69
    savageman69 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    It drives me crazy when people get all defensive when someone declares that they wish to not eat a completely unhealthy type of junk food. Why is that so bizarre, and hard to understand? For many, and most likely the ones who ask..stopping at one brownie, one serving of chips, etc is just not an option, or they prefer to eat something a bit more nutritious. As far as your question goes, http://healthy-recipe-group.fitsugar.com/Single-Serve-Black-Bean-Brownies-16128450 I promise you can't taste the beans lol. I also almost never use coconut flour because I dont have it..so I will add a tbs of whole wheat flour, or garbanzo bean flour. Making something a single serving also helps, and this is really filling.

I also like to food process any type of fruit, with any healthy addins for an "ice cream" type dessert. Lately I've been doing frozen peaches with some pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla protein powder, coconut milk, vanilla extract, and topping with a bit of pumpkin seeds and golden raisins.
    It drives me crazy when people say one food is more unhealthy then another, a macro is a macro you can eat anything you want if you hit your macros and calorie goal. So i guess we can agree to disagree.

Chips, brownies or ice cream will not kill you, nor does it alone cause weight gain so get off the high horse and realize that it comes down to will power and the ability to not stuff your face. You can get fat on your so called clean foods to
  • wendymaci
    wendymaci Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    This will sound weird but Diet Pop cake/ cupcakes.

I actually made them this morning. Take any box of cake mix the kind you normally add egg and oil to and instead of egg and oil mix it with a can of diet pop. Bake following the directions on the box. I made large cupcakes, got 15 out of the box so only 106 calories each. I used diet sprite with french vanilla cake mix. I've heard Colas work well with chocolates and diet root beer is supposed to work well with spiced cakes. You can really experiment with the different flavours. I don't find the pop taste really comes through just tastes like cake and its really moist.
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    This will sound weird but Diet Pop cake/ cupcakes.

I actually made them this morning. Take any box of cake mix the kind you normally add egg and oil to and instead of egg and oil mix it with a can of diet pop. Bake following the directions on the box. I made large cupcakes, got 15 out of the box so only 106 calories each. I used diet sprite with french vanilla cake mix. I've heard Colas work well with chocolates and diet root beer is supposed to work well with spiced cakes. You can really experiment with the different flavours. I don't find the pop taste really comes through just tastes like cake and its really moist.

Can do this with brownies too. Just sayin. I made mine last week using sprite tho! NOM NOM NOM!
  • wendymaci
    wendymaci Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Oh I wanna try this with brownies!!!!!!
  • SusanMcAvoy
    SusanMcAvoy Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Arctic Zero ice-cream replacement. It's only 148 calories for a pint. You can get it at Whole Food Market. Some supermarkets have it also. The chocolate flavor and the coffee flavor are the best. :flowerforyou:
  • HypnoticHaylee
    Options
    Ohhh I love arctic Zero! Great suggestion. The mint chocolate is my fave
  • catkid
    Options
    Great.
    *Goes to buy brownie mix*
  • amandamaedchen
    Options
    1 box devils food cake mix + 1 can pumpkin puree = 12 delcious cupcakes @ 145 cals each

I've done these before and love them! I forgot about it.

And I'm surprised at how many people are getting all edgy about me saying I want to find a brownie alternative. I'm basically just trying to find a chocolatey treat I can eat more often than brownies. Thanks for the sass though.

A genuine thanks to those who actually answered my question!
  • pixish
    pixish Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I would recommend having a reallllly good browse at the supermarket and also buying some sandwich bags :) I found some mini rice cakes that have chocolate/yoghurt on one side and they're about 70ish - 90ish cals a serve. There are 4 servings to a bag so I put them in the sandwich bags and I can grab one out for either one of my snacks or after dinner if I'm feeling snacky. I also eat them a lot slower that I would have previously to make them last longer :)

Some of the protein bars are ok too - definitely check the calories though :/ I found a mini one that is kind of like fudge that is 100 calories but the rest were sometimes 4 times as much. I also have cups of tea and that sort of helps with my cravings of needing something sweet after dinner (even though I don't add sugar to mine)

An apple baked in the microwave with some cinnamon is yummy too :)

I know none of these are brownie-ish but still, they're desserty!
  • BenChase
    Options
    http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/chocolate-covered-recipes/snackity-snacks/ this has a whole lot of brownie and everything else chocolate and then some. :happy:
  • tatanesha
    Options
    I love weight watchers chocolate creme cake at 90 calories
  • sacal96
    sacal96 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I think some people forget that not everyone has reached there goal yet... For someone who is just starting out maybe they don't want the extra fat and calories. Maybe they can't stop at just one. Maybe they are actually trying to change their eating habits and cutting out sweets is part of that. You don't know everyone's story so before you go cutting them down for not wanting to eat a brownie, why can't you just be supportive of their decision and offer a suggestion, or move on.. You don't have to comment. We're supposed to be helping each other along this journey.. Not judging someone because they don't want to cheat on their diet.

Personally I love the "soda cake" thing. I use my cake mix and turn it into a sort of cobbler. I use the spice cake and add mixed fruit and then the sprite! But chocolate cake and blueberries sounds like it would be really good! Maybe I'll try that next time! :)