Do you remember your first?

Options
... Your first NSV?

My first NSV was when I was able to cross my legs under my desk! It's funny how something so simple had such a impact on my journey.

So, do you remember your first NSV (non scale victory)?

Replies

• xtrout
    xtrout Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Probably fitting into a size Large shirt. It didn't have the word "Extra" to preface it. Or an "Extra-Extra".
  • jstcallmecoco
    Options
    best nsv was waking up feeling confident and healthy for the first time!!! best feeling in the world :)
  • Twiliightmoon
    Options
    Being able to fit into Size 8 jeans...I had to take them off in the dressing room once and put them back on again because I couldn't believe I was able to fit into a Size 8. Then I went out into the area where they have triple mirrors. I was so happy, I was standing there giggling at myself.
  • deadmittens
    deadmittens Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    My first NSV was when I didn't have to pull my shirt out of the crease my back boob made. :D!
  • TinGirl314
    TinGirl314 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Walking a mile without being out of breath. That was a good one.
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I was able to dry my t-shirts and not have to stretch them out before wearing them.
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I was able to dry my t-shirts and not have to stretch them out before wearing them.

Not having to hang dry them to avoid shrinking, actually drying them fully in the dryer lol.
  • briley76
    briley76 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    The first time I smiled and my cheeks didn't touch the bottom of my glasses.
  • pcotter54
    pcotter54 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Being confused because my jeans were so loose I thought for a second I had put on my husband's jeans.
  • LCunkle83
    Options
    The day I could where my favorite jeans... sadly, now they are too big!! :( Sad but awesome at the same time!
  • nikkishai
    nikkishai Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Thanks so much for sharing!
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    When I tried on a pair of shorts that were pretty snug the summer before and they were loose in the waist and thigh. I was pretty shocked since I hadnt noticed much of a change.
  • etfan
    etfan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Being able to bend down to tie my shoes without being winded.
  • rubyautumn4
    rubyautumn4 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Rediscovering that I had a collarbone.
  • hockra
    hockra Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I've been a member since 4 Jul 12 and have lost 15 lbs. Just the other day I had a non-scale victory: sitting in lazy boy and realized my legs were crossed at my ankles.....I thought "wow, it's probably been 2 years since that happened! "
  • tayboo90
    Options
    when all my t-shirts suddenly seemed to swallow me whole (:
  • MJMARIN81
    Options
    My first was my wedding band fitting comfortably on my finger again! :smile:
  • mamie01
    Options
    Mine was actually the same as the OP...I was just talking about that with my roommate the other day. How gratifying it is to be able to go to a restaurant and cross your legs under the table!
  • jmuller06
    jmuller06 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I would have to say when I finally decided enough is enough. :smile: The baggy clothes are an added bonus :bigsmile:
  • trishgrace
    Options
    It was the first time I realized that my steering wheel was no longer denting into my stomach, that there was actually a gap there for the first time ever since I've had my trailblazer. talk about awesome. i cried.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!