What's your recent NSV? What have you been proud of?

Options
My recent NSV was that I bought an awesome little black dress for my birthday tomorrow! Feels good to have something new and feel good in!

dress_zps1b2eb72d.jpg

What have you felt good about recently? :smile:

Replies

• WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    You look great in that dress! My NSV for the week was being able to pick right back up on my C25K program, even after not doing cardio for two weeks. Also, I am *very* close to going down a size in clothes!
  • jmeyer925
    jmeyer925 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    that's great! You'll be in that smaller size in no time!
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! You look amazing!
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    awesome dress, you look great!

a quick nsv was today when my son's soccer coach asked me to help out unexpectedly. in the past i would've just gathered the balls around, but today i was able to demonstrate and participate in the drills.

a year ago, i would of been the overweight guy that wouldn't have been asked, or if i was asked i would of said came up with an excuse why i couldn't help.
  • ullgetthere
    Options
    I just have to say something to jmeyer925. When I saw your pic, I was telling myself how lucky you were to look that great in that black dress and when I scrolled down and saw how much weight you lost, it inspired me so much and gave me more hope for myself. So congrats and you look absolutely amazing!! Where did you get the dress?? Oh and Happy birthday!

My NSV is stopping at 3 chocolates,not eating the doughnuts at work, or the chocolat cake in the cafeteria.... the old me would have eaten the whole box!!
  • rascallycat
    rascallycat Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    jmeyer925 you look AMAZING girl! Great job!

My NSV victory this week was new yoga pants. My old ones were an XL and I have pretty much worn them out and they were getting so baggy that I they would barely stay up. I dread shopping but forced myself to go to the store for new ones. I grabbed the large and was just going to go straight to the check out without trying them on. Half way down the aisle, I noticed a cuter pair but they only had Medium... Forced myself to go into the dreaded changing room to try them on. THEY FIT!!! Holy S*** they fit! I can not remember the last time I bought anything that was not an XL! Feels so great! and now motivated more than ever to drop the remaining 18 lbs!
  • jmeyer925
    Options
    Those are all great NSVs! Being more active and restrictive yourself guys is both difficult and fullfilling!

And Ullgetthere: You're so sweet! thank you! I changed my profile pic for some motivation (though it's hard to see)! The dress comes from Charlotte Rousse, was only $35! Way to say no to all of those goodies! Bet it feels good at the end of the day to know you stopped yourself!

Knighttreader: It IS a cool dress! it's wonderful you could get out there and be a real help! I bet your son was really happy you got out there!

CJMQ: Thank soooo much!! LOVE your hair!
  • polo571
    polo571 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Benched 275 pounds once today and did a negative set at 275 too =)
  • barians
    barians Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You look awesome in it congrats! My NSV was hitting the 50 pounds down milestone. 10 more to go.
  • jmeyer925
    Options
    Polo 571: Wholly moly! 275 is a whole heck of a lot! Shoot for 2 reps now!!!

barians: Thank you! 50 pounds is a wondeful accomplishment! Say good bye to those last 10 pounds!
  • nopudgepoot
    nopudgepoot Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! You look great! Love that dress.

My NSV is that I've been staying on track with my calories and today will be day 5 of the 30 day shred :)
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    You look great.

Mine would have to be finally fitting in an XL shirt which I haven't done in almost 10 years...next step get down to a large
  • AnnMombourquette
    Options
    Happy Birthday tomorrow....you look awesome. Seeing your before and now picture is very motivational.

My recent NSV was last week in the middle of days and days of rain. Last spring I bought a raincoat that really didn`t fit me, but I couldn`t get one anywhere and settled on that one. I could zip it but I couldn`t sit down in it without unzipping it. Although I only lost 7 lbs, I have been walking since the beginning of August and my body shape has changed a little. When I put my raincoat on, not only was it not snug on me and plenty of room, I was able to sit comfortably in it, without unzipping the coat. I was pretty pumped.
  • AmberFaith90
    AmberFaith90 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    WOW! You look GREAT!!

I just got back into the groove of things again after a 6 month hiatus. Can't wait to share my NSV someday {sooner than later!}.
  • know_your_worth
    know_your_worth Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Happy early Birthday! You look fantastic! Great job :)

My NSV has been increasing my intensity during my workouts. It feels so good to strengthen my body and know that I wasn't able to handle the workout I'm doing now a few months ago.
  • andreajp
    andreajp Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! Happy Birthday!

Today I put on a shirt that has been hanging in my closet, unworn, for two years. Today it fit!
  • jmeyer925
    Options
    Aw geez thanks everyone! Those are great NSVs! :smile:
  • abolte23
    abolte23 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You look great! :) and running 6 miles in 46 minutes when it was supposed to be an easy jog :)
  • jmeyer925
    Options
    Way to push yourself!! :happy:
  • msafunk
    msafunk Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    WHOA! That dress is AWESOME!

I just got back from a run around my apartment complex. I've been wondering for months how long the run is, and today I got home, traded my high heels for my running shoes, installed a GPS run tracker on my phone and just did it. It didn't even pop into my mind to do it until I was turning into my parking garage.

The run was 1.61 miles, with an elevations ranging from 38ft to 72ft , and I ran it in 18m48s even with being stopped at a crosswalk for 30 seconds. My average pace was 5.14 MPH

I feel awesome.