I WANT SEXY LEGS!!!

Options
So, there were a few of us "talking" on the post about wanting to wear shorts this summer and we decided that we needed needed a thread for those of us who want sexy legs and need the support to get there.

This will be a post for us to give encouragement (YOU CAN DO IT!!), suggestions (This works; this doesn't), vent about frustrations, brag about successes, you get the picture :smile:

Come this summer, I'm expecting everyone to post pictures of their sexy legs :bigsmile:

WE CAN (AND WILL) DO THIS!!!!

Replies

• shannahrenee
    Options
    I'm in!
  • Ashia1317
    Ashia1317 Posts: 415
    Options
    I'm in!

My legs are the best part about me. That's where are my strength is. But I tell you, from the front they don't look so bad. I saw my self from the back in the picture one time . . .OMG! That can't be my legs!!!

I'm in! I'm in!! :tongue:
  • nort0186
    Options
    I'm in!! Determined to wear shorts other than big baggy basketball shorts this summer!!!
  • LisaC1026
    LisaC1026 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Me too. Just started running to see if I can finally get the cellulite to lessen and the muscles to come out. Calves are okay, but thighs could use some serious work.
  • aag1030
    aag1030 Posts: 25
    Options
    Me too. Just started running to see if I can finally get the cellulite to lessen and the muscles to come out. Calves are okay, but thighs could use some serious work.

Does running really work for that? Last spring after the Biggest Loser ended I got this crazy idea that I could start jogging - one problem - I really hate running! lol... I keep to the treadmill and elliptical for now and we'll see how I feel about running in public come the springtime :smile:

For the cellulite, I tried that Nivea Good-bye Cellulite stuff... it seemed to work ok. I'll be honest - I didn't use it as often as it says to - I only put it on at night when you're supposed to do it 2x a day. But, I did see some tightening in my skin. Maybe I'll notice more of a change when I'm actually diligent in my workouts as well as using that lotion stuff. We'll see!!!
  • lemonllama
    lemonllama Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Yay this is what I need most!!
    As im getting close to my goal weight, my legs are definately not anywhere close to being what i want...
    So lately i've been crankin up the resistance on the elip so might not be burning as many calories but making my calves work some more.
    Also been doing some leg lifts with leg weights!
    Hopefully in spring I can start jogging and im sure that would definately help, you always see those ppl running around and they have great legs... but i really suck at jogging, i need to stop being a wimp!!
  • aag1030
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only wimp when it comes to running :wink: lol

Let's tackle this running thing together!!
  • nort0186
    Options
    Yeah I'm a total whimp when it comes to running. I've struggled with exercise asthma my entire life, so playing sports I always had my inhaler with me. It just seems crazy to me now to be doing something that may potentially cause me to have an asthma attack, but then I look at myself and think I've gotta do something... Gotta get over the fear of an asthma attack
  • czar1978
    Options
    I'm definitely in! My upper legs/thighs/butt area has always been the toughest place for me to lost the flab.

Running should be good for the legs. I am trying to become a runner. I have to be honest--I hate it at times! It does get easier the more I do it, but I just haven't been able to make it an everyday part of my life. It's tought right now; blow zero wind chills in Michigan lately and snow and ice! YUCK!

Dancing is also great! I joined a belly dance troupe, and I have noticed that my legs are shaping up nicely. Now I just need to lose the fat covering the muscles.

Best of luck to all of us! We can do it! Oh! And when are we posting pics? :smile:
  • Im in as well!!
    Bring on the sexy!
    :happy:
  • aag1030
    Options
    I'm definitely in! My upper legs/thighs/butt area has always been the toughest place for me to lost the flab.

Running should be good for the legs. I am trying to become a runner. I have to be honest--I hate it at times! It does get easier the more I do it, but I just haven't been able to make it an everyday part of my life. It's tought right now; blow zero wind chills in Michigan lately and snow and ice! YUCK!

Dancing is also great! I joined a belly dance troupe, and I have noticed that my legs are shaping up nicely. Now I just need to lose the fat covering the muscles.

Best of luck to all of us! We can do it! Oh! And when are we posting pics? :smile:

I've always wanted to do belly dancing :smile: Running... that's another story. I'm glad to hear it does get easier. Thanks for the encouragement!!!

As for posting pics - what do you girls all think? We can put some up now if we're brave enough or we can set a goal date for before & afters... thoughts?
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options

Does running really work for that? Last spring after the Biggest Loser ended I got this crazy idea that I could start jogging - one problem - I really hate running! lol... I keep to the treadmill and elliptical for now and we'll see how I feel about running in public come the springtime :smile:

I noticed that running really helped trim down my saddlebags (the fatty outer thigh area). At first they hurt like hell (imagine how your ta-tas feel after bouncing when running), but it went away after the first week or two. Then I noticed the slimmer looking thighs after a month or so. If I hadn't gotten lazy again, I bet I'd have factory air by now!
  • aag1030
    Options
    So, my wonderful boyfriend found an app for my iPod called iFitness. It has a TON of exercises and workouts you can do - complete with pictures & videos. It's pretty cool and I think it was only $2 or $3. What I love is there are specialized workouts in it that you cal follow or you can make up your own. One of the ones in there is especially for GLUTES DEFINITION. I don't know about you, but my glutes have ZERO definition right now... lol

Here's how iFitness decribes it:
    "This is an exercise program that largely targets the muscles found around the rear - gluteus maximus, quadriceps, & hamstrings. Training these muscles should be performed once or twice a week - just make sure to switch up your intensity (reps & weights) weekly to keep your muscles from adapting. Try this routine for 2 months & then switch up the exercises. This routine can be added on top of any other routine needed."

The exercises are:
    DAY 1
    - Dumbell Calf Jump (3 sets, 9-12 reps)
    1. Stand with your feet hip-width apart. Grab a pair of dumbbells and hold them at your sides at arm's length.
    2. Dip your knees so they're bent about 45 degrees and jump as high as you can. Point your toes toward the floor when you jump.
    3. Allow your knees to bend 45 degrees when you land, then immediately jump again.

- Machine Leg Press (3 set, 9-12 reps)
    1. Place your feet a hip-distance apart on the footplate with your toes facing forward and set the seat so that you have a 90 degree angle at the knee.
    2. Exhale slowly and push your feet away, making sure that you keep them flat on the footplate.
    3. Push out to a point at which you still have a slight amount of flexion at your knees.
    4. Inhale and slowly return to the starting position.

- Dumbbell Lunge (3 sets, 9-12 reps)
    1. Stand tall with your feet hip-distance apart and grasp a dumbbell in each hand with your palms facing inward; make sure that your toes face forward.
    2. Slowly inhale and step one leg forward, keeping your knee above your ankle and dropping the knee of your rear leg toward the floor. Stop the movement when the rear knee is 2-3 inches from the floor.
    3. Exhale and push yourself back to the starting position off your front leg.
    4. Repeat for the desired number of repititions, then repeat the exercise stepping your other leg forward.

- Dumbbell Front Squat (3 sets, 9-12 reps)
    1. Hold a pair of dumbbells so that your palms are facing each other and rest the ends on the thickest part of your shoulders. Ensure that your upper arms are parallel to the floor.
    2. Gradually lower your body as if you were sitting back into a chair, keeping your back in its natural alignment and your lower legs nearly perpendicular to the floor.
    3. When your upper thighs are parallel to the floor, pause, and then return to the starting position.

- Single-leg Standing Calf Raise (3 sets, 9-12 reps)
    1. With your left hand, hold a dumbbell and stand on a step or block. For balance, place your right hand on something for balance (either a wall or weight stack for example). Then, cross your right foot behnd your left ankle and balance yourself on the ball of your left foot.
    2. Lower your heel to your full extend, pause for a few seconds, then lift it once more as high as possible. Finish the set with your left leg, and then repeat with your right foot while holding the dumbbell in your right hand.

DAY 2
    - Side Lunge (3 sets, 9-12 reps)
    1. Grab a single dumbbell or weight plate and hold it with both hands in front of your chest as you stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
    2. Step as far as you can to your left side, keeping that foot pointing straight ahead. Push your hips back and squat down as far as possible, keeping your left bend knee directly over your left foot.
    3. Push through your left heel to return to the starting position, then immediately lunge to your other side to finish one repitition.

- Swiss-Ball Glute Bridge (3 sets, 8-10 reps)
    1. While lying on your back, place your heels on a swiss-ball and ensure your legs are straight and extended. Keep your hands by your side.
    2. Gradually raise your hips off of the floor so that a straight line forms from the tips of your feet to roughly your shoulders.
    3. Lower back to starting position.

- Hack Squat (3 reps, 9-12 reps)
    1. Set the barbell on a squat rack so that it is at mid-thigh level height. Stand with your back to the barbell, squat down, and use an underhand grip to hold the barbell shoulder-width apart.
    2. Stand up with the barbell held behind you.
    3. Pause whil standing, suck and hold your breath, then push your hips back and squat down until the barbell touches your calves. Keep your core tight and your torso as straight as veritical as possible. Return to the starting position and breath out.

- Machine Leg Press (3 set, 9-12 reps)
    1. Place your feet a hip-distance apart on the footplate with your toes facing forward and set the seat so that you have a 90 degree angle at the knee.
    2. Exhale slowly and push your feet away, making sure that you keep them flat on the footplate.
    3. Push out to a point at which you still have a slight amount of flexion at your knees.
    4. Inhale and slowly return to the starting position.

So there you go. I like that a lot of these you can do at home - if you don't have weights, I've used cans of soup. And, on the lunges & squats, you don't have to go down as far as they say to. Go as far as your comfortable and work your way up.

Sexy legs, here we come!!! :D

PS. Just for the record, this workout is not one I developed. It's from the iPod app iFitness. They get the credit. Not me :)
  • breezy81
    breezy81 Posts: 186
    Options

For the cellulite, I tried that Nivea Good-bye Cellulite stuff... it seemed to work ok. I'll be honest - I didn't use it as often as it says to - I only put it on at night when you're supposed to do it 2x a day. But, I did see some tightening in my skin. Maybe I'll notice more of a change when I'm actually diligent in my workouts as well as using that lotion stuff. We'll see!!!

Running is great for that, I have lost 11 inches off my thighs in 7 weeks by running(ok jogging 5-6 mph) my legs are looking good!!!
  • aag1030
    Options

Running is great for that, I have lost 11 inches off my thighs in 7 weeks by running(ok jogging 5-6 mph) my legs are looking good!!!

How long & how often do you jog? I just joined a gym with treadmills and would like to work my way up to jogging on one but I have no clue how to do it!!!! Any suggestions?!?! :smile:
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    What is factory air
  • breezy81
    Options
    I jog for 2 miles now, walking in between the miles when I first started though I did 3 min. intervals, 5.0mph for 3 minutes then 2.5 mph for 2 min and kept working my way up like that. I still feel like I could die at the end but I can do it. For me it's the ipod, I can think ok 3 songs, now 2 then last song, seems shorter like that!!!
  • breezy81
    Options
    What is factory air

LOL it's the air between your legs, you know when they no longer meet in the middle. Or so it's been explained to me!
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    What is factory air

Factory air is when you stand with your feet a few inches apart, directly below your hips, and there is space between your thighs.

From the urban dictionary: Factory Air (FAK teh re- -ERR- n.) In reference to the space created in between a womans thighs when she is standing with her legs parallel to eachother, and perpendicular to the floor.

Bar-Refaeli-swimsuit-cover.jpg