What's the most amount of weight you've lost in a week?

Options
I'm just curious. I know 1 - 3 lbs/week is considered healthy loss but has anyone ever gone above that without starving?

Replies

• justjenn1977
    justjenn1977 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I'm just curious. I know 1 - 3 lbs/week is considered healthy loss but has anyone ever gone above that without starving?

the week I had my daughter I lost 28#.... but I don't think that's what you meant...

aside from giving birth... I have had some weeks where I was ill and lost 8-10
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    5 pounds (21 pounds in the first month). Not healthy or sustainable but I was clean eating and it was amazing while it lasted. I was also breastfeeding and that made a huge difference.
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I was on a liquid diet once and lost 11lbs in one week.
  • _CiaoParis
    Options
    3.5 lbs a healthy way :) & 6 lbs an unhealthy way.
  • Zainia
    Zainia Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    4lbs (that I know of) in a healthy way
  • skrakalaka
    skrakalaka Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I once caught Norwalk and lost 12 lbs in 8 hrs, but I really wouldn't recommend that method.
  • PiggySweet
    PiggySweet Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    3.5 pounds my first week.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    2 pounds after a huge dump. lol...
  • lisa483
    lisa483 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    7lb in my 1st week :0)
  • CarleyLovesPets
    CarleyLovesPets Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    My first week was like 7lbs.
  • quietasariot
    quietasariot Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I had ONE week in which I lost 4 pounds. I don't know how or why but it worried me because it didn't feel normal. On average I have lost 1 - 1.5 pounds per week. A few weeks here and there with a 2lb. loss. I don't know what I lost my first week because I didn't get on the scale. :)
  • alane15
    alane15 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    My first two weeks (starting from my highest weight ever and least activity) I lost 5lbs each.
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    many years ago I was on the Beverly Hills Diet, and lost 12 pounds the first week....NEVER again!
    I like myself far to much to do any crazy diets ever again. Even tho I have a "weight ticker", I go by body fat loss, much more accurate since weight loss can also include water and bone loss! Also no longer care about the number on the scale, only using it to recalculate my BMR and TDEE once a month~
  • MouseTmom
    MouseTmom Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    On MFP I lost 7 pounds after I went on vacation - Ate way too much on vacation and probably had a lot of water weight.
    Several years ago when I started Weight Watchers I lost 9 pounds the first week.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    1.5 lbs.
  • Tracepa98
    Options
    Most so far was 9lbs in a week. I know that wont be the norm as I just started but it felt amazing. :smile:

AND....any kind of loss on the scale is a victory to be celebrated :heart: :drinker:
  • annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Right now I am losing about 13 pounds a week. I am a liquid diet by physician's orders.
  • cardsfanlv
    cardsfanlv Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Dropped about 4 or 5 the first week. Those first few pounds usually come right off.

Now I'm at a steady 2 per week.
  • TravisBurns
    TravisBurns Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    12 pounds. pure water weight
  • KittyMul
    KittyMul Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I lost 7lb last week, it was my first week of switching to Paleo. Same calories, just different foods.

Big losses, especially at the start of a new program, are usually mostly water weight.