Replies

• LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRtoFj3IISfMNOJ3V2dPayDixn-RaXEHHkG1RWSRt1HCA9iENIQEg
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options
    OMG - Seahawks just got THE LUCKIEST CALL EVER!!!! TOTAL Karma call from the infamous superbowl calls...WOW :bigsmile: Oh well, I take it! Tate you are a ROCKSTAR!!!!!!!!!!

^^ this exactly.

I hate people like you two. real Seahawks fans are just as ashamed about this call as everyone else.

This isn't about who it was on or who it was for, it's about the fact that the replacements suck. I mean, there are refs in the nfl that got fired from the LINGERIE FOOTBALL LEAGUE

I hate people who say they hate people they've never met, just to try to make a point.....
    and I did say lucky call, did I not? Did that not sum it up for you...let me explain......

A real seahawks fan, takes the win...they gave it soooooo.....what you wanna do, tell them no thanks? of course it was a ridiculous call....but that's not my job. My job as a fan is to be happy about wins and sad about losing -that is all...so thanks for your input, but not really...:flowerforyou:

It was more about the fact that some people are gloating about a bs win, while other, more sportsmanlike fans, realize they didn't really win that game. The same way your coach was jumping up and down, and Tate refuses to admit he pushed the defender in the back. It's kind of ridiculous.
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    OMG - Seahawks just got THE LUCKIEST CALL EVER!!!! TOTAL Karma call from the infamous superbowl calls...WOW :bigsmile: Oh well, I take it! Tate you are a ROCKSTAR!!!!!!!!!!

^^ this exactly.

I hate people like you two. real Seahawks fans are just as ashamed about this call as everyone else.

This isn't about who it was on or who it was for, it's about the fact that the replacements suck. I mean, there are refs in the nfl that got fired from the LINGERIE FOOTBALL LEAGUE

I hate people who say they hate people they've never met, just to try to make a point.....
    and I did say lucky call, did I not? Did that not sum it up for you...let me explain......

A real seahawks fan, takes the win...they gave it soooooo.....what you wanna do, tell them no thanks? of course it was a ridiculous call....but that's not my job. My job as a fan is to be happy about wins and sad about losing -that is all...so thanks for your input, but not really...:flowerforyou:

It was more about the fact that some people are gloating about a bs win, while other, more sportsmanlike fans, realize they didn't really win that game. The same way your coach was jumping up and down, and Tate refuses to admit he pushed the defender in the back. It's kind of ridiculous.

Do packer fans realize their only TD drive was kept alive by a bs PI call? If they are stopped(which they were) they kick a fg, sea was in range to kick a fg at the end. Result:Sea still wins the game.

Maybe if GB had played the entire game instead of one half they win. Sea fans have every right to enjoy and savor this.
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options

^^ this exactly.

You take the win and you go quietly to the locker room while acknowledging that it was a BS call. You do not go on and on in post game interviews about how amazing your team is and behaving as though you are the greatest receiver in the NFL because you won the game though an amazing and skill driven reception.

I'm a RABID Cowboys fan....any win or score by the is a BLESSING because I can accept that MY team is not the end all be all in the NFL (in fact, they suck)
    I will always "take a win" but had it been Dallas and GB last night and that same call was made in the Cowboy's favor.....I'd have called bullsh*t.
  • DonniesGirl69
    Options

^^ this exactly.

Do packer fans realize their only TD drive was kept alive by a bs PI call? If they are stopped(which they were) they kick a fg, sea was in range to kick a fg at the end. Result:Sea still wins the game.

Maybe if GB had played the entire game instead of one half they win. Sea fans have every right to enjoy and savor this.

The PI call was BS, too. It was offensive PI....not defensive.

Not looking for excuses to give GB anything, just saying.....both of the last two calls were way off point.
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I read on a coach forum last night that one ex NFL coach stated that his would be a fine use of the union for the teams to go out on strike to refuse to play until this is settled. He also stated that this is a tragedy for all the hard work these coaches and player do only to get robbed out of a win or to get awarded a win without justification.
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options

^^ this exactly.

The PI call was BS, too. It was offensive PI....not defensive.

Not looking for excuses to give GB anything, just saying.....both of the last two calls were way off point.

No, I'm talking about the drive that resulted in GB's only TD. They were stopped on 3rd and 2.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    nfl-replacement-refs-meme-touchdown-celtics.jpg
  • DonniesGirl69
    Options

:heart:
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Actually, I believe a mass boycott (no-one attends the games, no-one watches them) will fix the issue in less than a week. Sadly, people love to have stuff to complain about so I don't think this would ever happen but it'd surely drive the message home to the owners right quick.
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options

^^ this exactly.

You take the win and you go quietly to the locker room while acknowledging that it was a BS call. You do not go on and on in post game interviews about how amazing your team is and behaving as though you are the greatest receiver in the NFL because you won the game though an amazing and skill driven reception.

I'm a RABID Cowboys fan....any win or score by the is a BLESSING because I can accept that MY team is not the end all be all in the NFL (in fact, they suck)
    I will always "take a win" but had it been Dallas and GB last night and that same call was made in the Cowboy's favor.....I'd have called bullsh*t.

Exactly my point!

They shouldn't be gloating about something like that. It's not a win to feel good about. I'm in no way a green bay fan. I just know bs when I see it. And yea, the entire fourth quarter was littered with stupid calls. But this is the only one that you can say without a single doubt, completely changed the outcome of the game. The others could have, but none directly did.

also, I'm a Texans fan. I never thought I'd agree with a cowboys fan.
  • DonniesGirl69
    Options

^^ this exactly.

Exactly my point!

They shouldn't be gloating about something like that. It's not a win to feel good about. I'm in no way a green bay fan. I just know bs when I see it. And yea, the entire fourth quarter was littered with stupid calls. But this is the only one that you can say without a single doubt, completely changed the outcome of the game. The others could have, but none directly did.

also, I'm a Texans fan. I never thought I'd agree with a cowboys fan.

:laugh:

If it helps, I at least HATE Tony Romo and Jerry Jones
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    The Niners did play bad on Sunday, but the refs weren't helping. So many penalties on the niners, and that last vikings touchdown was clearly pass interference.

Uh, no it wasn't... The defender never turned his head for the ball. Defender can't make contact with an offensive player A) over 5 yards down field and B) if the ball is in the air they must play the ball. No Call or Defensive PI. Good effort though.

I suppose we should forget the 5 timeouts the 9er's got too.
  • SheilaN1976
    SheilaN1976 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    i dont even watch football......but i saw the clip on the local news and even I know that the Packers should have gotten the touch down for that.......its CLEAR as day!!!!!!!! (i live in Minnesota too LOL) the replacement refs suck and are obviously blind.
  • kellicruz1978
    kellicruz1978 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    YES!!! OMG YES! The bad call Karma gods finally gave us some redemption. Thank yoU!!
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Not to throw any additional gas on the dumpster fire, but aren't DB's taught to knock down hail mary's?
  • rainbowbuggy
    Options
    Don't misunderstand, I really didn't care who won this game, but that was awful.

And how did they go to replay on that? It isn't reviewable, is it?
    All scores and turnovers are automatically reviewed in the booth now.

And even after the "Boot Review" they called it wrong. Guess they had their glasses on upside down....totally robbed the Packers!
  • BishopSmurf
    BishopSmurf Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Eh, I don't know, I'm kind of digging all the extra drama. If they could just add some mood music and novella-style swooping close-ups...

(ETA) I'm thinking specifically of the look on Belichick's face when he realized he grabbed a ref...DUN DUN DUN!

lol
  • whatever33
    Options

lmao.. classic!!