Anyone doing the C25K?

Options

Replies

• clumsygermangurl
    Options
    On week 7 day 3 tomorrow, feel free to add me.. Once I am done with this I will slowly work my way up to a 10 K
  • waylandcool
    waylandcool Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm on Week 6 Day 2.
  • Meribeth928
    Options
    I am planning to start c25k in October. I have a LONG way to go fitness wise but am looking forward to it even if I have to do weeks more than once.
  • _Alkaline
    _Alkaline Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am about to start this (again) next week!
  • buckeyes502
    buckeyes502 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Just did C210K
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    I'm on Week 4 right now.
  • mattmoo33
    Options
    doing the NHS one and loving it! Got to Week 4 day 1, but havent been able to get out for the last couple of weeks because of colds and my littlest with chicken pox.

I have been wearing my HRM and what is really noticable is that by day 3 of each week my heart rate is lower so it is clearly improving my fitness levels as well as endurance.

I have never been able to run, so to have managed 5 mins non stop twice is simply amazing!
  • Cherryblosm3
    Cherryblosm3 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I tried to start this a couple weeks ago. Found out my knees cant handle it :( They got SERIOUSLY swollen and bruised after my 4th run (and i was just starting to LOVE IT too!!).

Looked it up and it looks like i have "Runners Knee"
    So just be careful... Its not fun.

Stay away from cement (sidewalks). Run on a track or dirt if you can. The road is still better than the cement sidewalk.
    Also, stop when your body tells you to. Dont just say, hey, whats another 10 min? You will regret it. Work up over time.
    Make sure you get fitted correctly for shoes. There are stores that specialize in that.
    AND HAVE FUN!!!

Im so sad i cant run anymore, so im living vicariously through you all :)
  • HerBravado
    HerBravado Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Yeeeeah, just finished Week 2 Day 2 here. c:
    I too see a dramatic improvement in my fitness.
    I never thought I'd see the day when running would actually be okay to me. lol.
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    I've ran through it twice and just finished bridge to 10k. It's a great program! Good luck!
  • blobert1
    blobert1 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    My wife and I started 7 weeks ago and already did a fun run 2 weeks ago. It was a blast. We began setting results in week 2 just like you.
  • HeyKatelon
    Options
    I'm week 2, Day 1 (:
    I actually felt a big change in endurance too. I actually did week 1 twice because I felt I wasn't ready to move on, but I really enjoyed today
  • m13sam2012
    Options
    where i can find info?? i want to start doing this!
  • Sassybecky
    Options
    I started C25K two weeks ago! I am really enjoying it, so far have been getting up at 5:30 am to run and I look forward to it! I'm sure I will eventually have to find a different time to run when my lack of sleep catches up to me. I am planning on running a 5K at the end of October.
  • MelanieNeal24
    Options
    Just downloaded an app for this. Haven't started yet, but I'm happy to see the posts about improving endurance.
    I have never been a runner.... ever. Rest of my family is. It's time to show them I can do this too!
    Wish me luck :)
  • cjsgrimlin
    Options
    You can downlaod an app on your smartphone and it will tell you what to do otherwise google it!!

I started it and with my bad knee i wasnt able to get through the running at all, then i got sick again. Now that i'm better i'm pushing through insanity before i try this again!! Basically strengthening my legs before i start running (during winter it should be fun!!)
  • m13sam2012
    Options
    there is a lot of different app... wich one is the best?:wink:
  • tbskipp
    tbskipp Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I have been doing the C25K program since August 2. I completed Week 6, Day 3 on Monday. I actually made the 22 minute run - straight. I was BLOWN away when i completed it. :noway:

I think i need new shoes though. I have pains just below my calf muscle on the inner side of my shins when i run. I hope i just need new shoes.
    In the past i never imagined myself running unless i was being chased by a pack of wild rabid dogs!

Going to attempt Week 7, Day 1 today. Wish me luck!!!!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I am in the middle of week 6. I love it! I feel so empowered! Before I started, I couldn't even walk a city block without panting. Now I am up to 25 minutes straight of jogging.
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Yep. I've been running awhile but decided about 2 weeks ago to try C25k to improve my overall running (endurance, pace). So far onto week 2 day 2 and I like it a lot.