Do you log food on your cheat days?

Options

Replies

• hb817
    hb817 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I do...even though it's a cheat day, seeing my calories makes me cheat a lot less than normal :) Enjoy your cheat day!

I agree!!
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I don't subscribe to the idea of cheat days, I prefer to cheat a little daily, but if I did I'd be logging it.

If you don't measure you can't track, if you can't track then you can't draw conclusions based on the data, however 'bad' the numbers are.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in planning cheat days. Though on my diet, I don't deny myself of anything I want. If I want pizza, it fits into my calories or I go over by a little because I'll just keep wanting it and wanting it and wanting it until I get it. And the longer I wait, the worse it ends up being.

edit: but YES I log EVERYTHING
  • LivingInPuglia
    LivingInPuglia Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I didn't schedule a cheat day yesterday ....... most days I'm consistently under my calorie allowance + exercise calories. But yesterday I blew it big time .... and I logged everything to find I had consumed a horrifying 2876 calories. Logging it has certainly made me realise what I had done ..... and will make me think twice before doing it again.

So yes LOG EVERYTHING!
  • psully1387
    psully1387 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I think it's always good to log cheat days, (you should see my Saturday). It's good to let yourself splurge, but always important to know exactly how much you're splurging. It's great for keeping the cheat day "within reason" and also helpful to keep in mind for when you plan on just maintaining. I've found my cheat days that I log tend to be close to what I could reasonably eat if I no longer had weight I wanted to lose, but sometimes they spike into the calorie count that would lead to gaining back the 30+ I've lost. Anyway, accountability and knowledge...I don't see the downside in logging.
  • ctooch99
    ctooch99 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in planning cheat days. Though on my diet, I don't deny myself of anything I want. If I want pizza, it fits into my calories or I go over by a little because I'll just keep wanting it and wanting it and wanting it until I get it. And the longer I wait, the worse it ends up being.

edit: but YES I log EVERYTHING

^^^ THIS. Cheat days imply you are depriving yourself. Depriving yourself leads to failure. Just my 2 cents...
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Not logging is cheating. Period. Eating what you want is NOT cheating.
  • NikkiSmo
    NikkiSmo Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm still to scared to have a whole day of cheating! I have been logging for 146 days, but I feel like "cheating" is kind of what got me here to begin with. I would tell myself its OK to eat that whole pizza because you had a salad for lunch...... anyway I prefer to have "treat moments" like if I want a cupcake than I take A BITE of it and walk away. I have to learn self control and I'm not there yet, not to mention if I had a whole cheat day my stomach would streach back out and then I would spend then next week starving till it shrunk back again! Not worth it to me but I know for some it helps keep them going so if you need one than have at it but I would log it! This whole site is about accountability!
  • feepug
    Options
    its personal preference, im pretty new here but i choose to log everything, it will helps me see patterns and alternatives, eg whole pizza vs 1/2 pizza with salad!

Good luck with whatever you decide, and make sure you enjoy your cheat day insted of feeling bad otherwise there is no point! : )
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Logging it doesn't mean it didn't happen!! But on days I don't care, I don't care, nor do I want to measure everything I eat. Sometimes I just want to enjoy! :)
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I don't have cheat days. I have days where I lose my mind and binge. But I do always go back a day and record it. no matter how ugly. Most times it is the day after. This is a horrible habit. I should record my noshes as I eat them cuz I would stop eating if i did,
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    OF COURSE!, LOG EVERYTHING!, my weekends are HELL!< HA!,, i work my *kitten* off all week then come weekend, WHO CARES! WORKS FOR ME!
  • Bonnyr1971
    Options
    I log every day, whether it is a cheat day or not. You need to be true to your diary :)
  • lamilli09
    lamilli09 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I always, always, always log. Cheat days included :)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Depends on your purpose of a cheat day.

I have days I don't log, and the "not logging" is the reward. It gives my brain a break from fussing over calories. Sometimes I'm sure I go way over my calories, sometimes probably quite a bit under.
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I don't schedule cheat days, but when I have something I know I shouldn't, I log it. If you can't be honest with yourself, who can you be honest with?
  • littlelady62
    Options
    I log everything, even if I do cheat, that keeps me aware of what I'm eating and how many calories consumed. So then I know what has to be done the next day.
  • Feed_the_Bears
    Feed_the_Bears Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Arg. On a bad cheat day, no. On a good controlled cheat day yes :-) and when i force myself to log, a bad cheat day quickly turns into a controlled cheat day. Go figure.
  • Feed_the_Bears
    Feed_the_Bears Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I don't schedule cheat days, but when I have something I know I shouldn't, I log it. If you can't be honest with yourself, who can you be honest with?
    Here here. And that's the only way you can learn and improve :-)
  • Coffeeholic8
    Coffeeholic8 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I log it, gotta keep it honest.