Options
    Yeah ;-(
  • ShellyShuey
    Options
    I do -- went over by 340 yesterday/daughter's birthday
  • ademiter
    ademiter Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I log it just to have an idea how many calories I really consumed that day. I don't necessarily SUBMIT it. I have learned a lot on MFP about how many calories are in this or that and honestly as much as I don't want to know how bad I did on a cheat day, I really want to know to plan accordingly next time. :)
  • atxdee
    atxdee Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I don't ever log it!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I log the part where I'm not cheating. Then everything goes to hell and I don't really want to see the naughty things I've done. =p Cheat days generally aren't planned.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I hear what you are saying but my I think by it's nature there is a negative element suggested by the term "cheat day". Webster's defines "cheat" as: "To practice fraud or deceit; to violate the rules and regulations". And I think in terms of committing to one's health and fitness this is true.

Eating is one of the most enjoyable things in life (to me anyway), so why would I deprive myself of food on a regular basis? Instead of binging on a "Cheat Day" and throwing my blood sugars and chemistry way off kilter, why would I not just incorporate the things I love into my healthy diet regularly and stay within my macro numbers and stay on track???

[snip]
    I just don't see the benefit. If you want pizza have a slice or to of veggie pizza in your regular meal plan - what benefit is eating an entire pepperoni pizza on the weekend on a "cheat day" as a "reward" - just baffling to me... sorry, not trying to stok the flames but for as educated and intelligent as many MFP members are, there are still some odd practices on here acccepted as healthy...

I hate the word "cheat" used to describe eating foods that you enjoy. The foods you eat are part of your diet, and everyone makes their own "rules and regulations" in terms of diet and exercise habits.

I also agree with "everything in moderation" so long as it fits in your macros. I have pizza at least once a week, and I fit it in my macros. I have a little bit of chocolate almost every day.

When I had a time when I couldn't log on the weekends, I wrote it down and logged the whole weekend from my desk at work.
  • Stephanieb325
    Stephanieb325 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I log my cheat meals. I like to see how many calories it is and it just gives me a general idea of calories I consume on a "cheat day/meal". I learned that most of my "cheat meals" aren't even really that bad and that makes me feel pretty darn good!
  • HeinzPrincess
    Options
    As part of my lifestyle change, I enjoy some Saturdays out with some girlfriends. I eat what I want, drink what I want, and log nothing.

If the word "cheat" bothers you, then don't consider it that. But my lifestyle includes friends, sweet wine, and dinners that are extremely difficult to track.
  • Nix143
    Nix143 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Meh. Only had one day so far when I have gone 'off plan' and that was a huge chinese meal that I had no idea of calories so I stuck 4000 calories in for it and forgot about it.

Hate the word 'cheat' - it's food, it's neither bad nor good, it's just food. I'm not a cheat, I'm a person who eats said food and I'm not gonna start putting all kinds of judgements against it. Or 'treat' - I'm not a dog, I do not reward myself with food.

This is a lifestyle yeah? So if logging makes you feel good or accountable then log. If it's counter productive then don't. Whatever works best for you :)
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Log it... it helps in the long run understand how you body reacts to these days. I log it and try not to slit my wrists ;) Enjoy!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    As part of my lifestyle change, I enjoy some Saturdays out with some girlfriends. I eat what I want, drink what I want, and log nothing.

If the word "cheat" bothers you, then don't consider it that. But my lifestyle includes friends, sweet wine, and dinners that are extremely difficult to track.

I would call that a "break," like the poster above called it. It's a day to relax your brain and not have to think. That's not cheating though. In fact, the Bible says to take one day to rest. :smile:
  • mrsvatitagain
    mrsvatitagain Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    YES and I log everyday and everyday is a cheat day if thats the case. ALl in how and what you define as cheating, I mean im sure I have something everyday that people consider cheating, thats the beauty of NOT being on a diet, but simply changing my life and how much of something I eat, but I have no restrictions!
  • LivingInPuglia
    LivingInPuglia Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Log it... it helps in the long run understand how you body reacts to these days. I log it and try not to slit my wrists ;) Enjoy!

Where's the smileys? :-) I like that philosphy!
  • jennajocummings
    Options
    Log it! You'll be surprised the amount of calories you consume. & I would log them as you eat them. It'll help you to not fall completely off the wagon.
  • tinytoyjess
    tinytoyjess Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    No. The reason I have named my cheat days as "cheat days" is because of the no logging. I don't go overboard with the food; I just get too lazy to measure, weigh and log and need a break from it from time to time. Hence the "cheat".

But my cheat days aren't me sitting around eating chips and ice cream. I eat pretty close to normal but just don't bother weighing and measuring everything. I might get a dessert if out at a restaurant or have a few glasses of wine without tracking it. Nothing explosive.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Of course you log it. When you track your progress from month to month you're going to want to know what works and what doesn't. I have "cheat" days all the time and strongly believe it helps my overall progress, but if I don't track them, how can I compare them to normal days? Or know if I went too far? Or not far enough?

Don't be ashamed of the calories in your diary. It's just a number. Track your numbers and use them to improve yourself.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Log it. Just for the hell of it once I logged a "typical" before MFP day, I was up over 3,000 calories without including any snacks...that was just my 3 meals. Ick.
  • ctooch99
    ctooch99 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I agree 100%... I don't have cheat days I log everyday, eat what I want and make adjustments from there. There will be days I'll be 500 cals over 500 under... it all evens out, but if you don't log 1 cheat day can turn into 2 into a week a month 10 years like it did for me!

^^^^ EXACTLY...
  • kms1104
    kms1104 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I didn't log on weekends at all for months, then I just started this weekend. I was like "WOW!" to myself. Between beer and pizza football days, I think logging may help me not go AS over on those days. I thought I was better of NOT logging, but we'll see... try it and see how it goes.
  • Pandy1962
    Pandy1962 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Every Saturday is my eat what I want day, it might be a fry up or a bag of crisps, it all get logged, mainly so I can find it easier for the next time :bigsmile: