Weird things nobody tells you about losing weight

Options

Replies

• kaththomas
    kaththomas Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Tailbone was my first surprise. Hurts to sit on it since there is no more cushion. Love the hip bones though and the collarbones. Not crazy over the skin hanging down in the belly. Keep telling myself the more situps the tighter it will get but.........who knows? I keep hoping.
  • awake4777
    awake4777 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    You look maarrrveeeeloooooouuusss.
  • amandascalf
    Options
    LOL! While shaving I noticed how difficult it has become to shave around my ankle area without cutting myself all to pieces! Same with the knees! GEEZ! haha
  • KeegansMomma
    Options
    Some of these are quite funny, can't wait to feel some of them in a weird way when I lose all the weight

^^ This! :)
  • Cameo530
    Cameo530 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I was looking in the mirror the other day and thought my face looked odd/different - then I realized that the dark, puffy circles under my eyes that I always thought were genetic (Granny has them) were gone!
  • ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I got Pandora braclet in May of this year. My husband was debating on whether or not he had the right size. When I tried it on it was a bit snug but fit. Now its too big. The charms now make noise from all the room in between them and my wrist. Before they rested right on my wrist. Its very nice to say the least.
  • mindygood
    mindygood Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue with my ring... for $5 the jewelry store put a sizer on it..... Cheaper fix than sizing and having to replace a lost one!!!
  • tiffsanta
    Options
    good job!
    also, on the ring - my step mom would wrap scotch tape around the bottom
    I have seen some advertisements also - it was like a bead or something that goes under the top part of your ring, I'll see if I can find it online, when I can't wear mine I wear it on a chain around my neck, but that's usually cuz it's too small LOL
  • ksraider
    Options

" I was so overweight that my pits were filled with fat"
    That is what is known as "pit boobs" in my house and thank God my are almost gone!
  • shunggie
    shunggie Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    This is actually true, but I've read it's 1" for every 35lbs. The pubic fat patch above a mans, man-hood shrinks as weight is lost. Extra motivation for those big men! haha
    Weirdest thing I ever heard obout losing weight: guys gain a half inch of "useable length" for every 20 pounds they lose. Of course I know this is total BS. Still funny that someone actually thought that up. :bigsmile:

My boyfriend has lost over 70 pounds, and there is a distinct difference in length. :flowerforyou:
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    My calorie burn is lower according to HRM the more I workout.

The fitter I get the more stamina I have doing adult activities!!
  • tiffsanta
    Options
    I did some searching and found that some people put a thin bit of foam tape on the inside of the ring where you wouldn't be able to see it, and you can find it at the dollar store
  • tiffsanta
    Options
    thanks for the tip, I will try this!
  • Marie294
    Options
    What an awesome thread!! Loved reading everyones responses.

I can relate with several things others posted, sleeping with something between my knees because they bump together when I lay on my side because there is less fat there.. Being colder (And not getting all gross and sweaty for no reason).... Collar Bones!! Seriously, I've never had collar bones before (okay okay, maybe I had them, but I've never seen them! :)

One thing I would like to mention that I didn't see posted is now I can wear heels. 50 pounds ago, my leg muscles were weak, and my core was not very strong - so I never really felt confident in heels, like I could just topple over from poor balance. I'm also 5'10" so I never wanted to be any taller, i felt like "Well, I'm already giant, no need to add any more height and seem even bigger!" So now that I'm a little smaller, stronger and balanced much better, I actually feel confident in some heels! I've got a couple really nice pair recently, so now I'm just hoping my feet don't shrink like many of yours have! :)
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    My butt gets sore if i sit too long since I dont have as much padding.
    I have veins that pop out on my hands now.
  • sandrahulleman
    Options
    I just look different! Even though it's only 12 pounds, my neck and face are thinner and my wedding rings fit again!! After reading everyone's replies, I understand why my shoes are a little looser than usual. It's all great!!
  • CarrieStL
    CarrieStL Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I went down a size in shoes, I pee way more, I get up in the middle of the night more to pee, I notice more wrinkles on my face, it hurts me to sleep on firm mattresses now.

Yep- my shoes have gone down a size too. My wedding ring is too big. I am worried about the more wrinkle thing though!!! Agh!
  • milleyea
    milleyea Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    That fat doesn't go away nice and evenly all over. Sometimes it goes away in pockets and makes you look like a garbage can that's had a ball thrown at it.
    Mostly you can't see it in clothes but the inside of my thighs atm are screwed! And when I lie down you can feel the pockets in my tummy. It's weird.

OMG I've been looking at the fat pockets on my tummy all day! The outer area (obliques?) is flattening out but the middle is divided into four fat pockets.

Are my abs getting bigger? Is that why i see four sections (two on top, two in the middle)?
  • redkitty615
    redkitty615 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Everyone talks about how great you'll feel, how awesome it is to fit into cuter clothes, how much more confidence you'll have, etc...but have you noticed that there are a few things people tend not to mention? For me, the biggest thing has been the changes in my body. I'm still fairly early on in my journey, but I've noticed things. As an adult, you get used to being at least semi-aware of your body and how it 'should' be, and sometimes these changes can be alarming.

Case in (somewhat hilarious) point:

A couple nights ago I was laying on the couch on my side, typing on my laptop. My hand went to rest on my side and for a second I was like...woah, what is that? I have some kind of weird lump there, on my side and kind of around the back. After a few moments of poking there and on the opposite side I realized that of course it was my rib, but that one side isn't exactly the same as the other. But why hadn't I noticed it before?

Then it hit me. I didn't notice it...because it was covered in fat. Those 20 pounds provided quite a bit of cushion. So...maybe I'm a crazy person, but I'm betting there are a few of you out there who have had somewhat alarming moments that you didn't initially realize were due to having lost weight.

For years I thought that one of my hips was higher than the other, but didn't have any unusual pain or anything from it - then after I lost weight, I discovered that I had more fat sitting on top of one hip than the other!
  • redkitty615
    redkitty615 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Oh I am sooo hoping my feet get smaller - that's something that they don't tell you when you get pregnant, that your feet will get a size bigger and it didn't go away............... LOL