Men's advice please....

Options
So I thought I had a great date with a fantastic guy. Enjoyed the conversation even though I talked a bit too much (nerves got the best of me). I haven't dated in a long time! LONG time. After the date I sent him a text that I had a nice time and it was nice to meet a nice attractive man. I apologized for talking to much and he said he wasn't thinking that I talked too much. That he enjoyed it, I was very sweet and good night pretty lady. I know right?! How sweet is that!

I haven't heard from him since? What do you think? Just a nice way of saying...I don't think so?

Replies

• legs_n_bacon
    legs_n_bacon Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    How long has it been? We need more information!
  • ldalbello
    ldalbello Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    How long ago was the date ?
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    Should have put out....................just sayin.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Maybe he's playing The Game. Why not call or text him?
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Maybe he's playing The Game. Why not call or text him?

bingo
  • Tiffers44
    Options
    It's been a week.

For those of you that are actually helpful. Thank you.
  • whitehairedguy64
    Options
    Being old, and therefore old fashioned the message you conveyed by text should have been said verbally at the end of the date. I guess it's a sign of the times, but some things should not be said by text, and in my opinion, this is an example.

Not knowing how long it's been since the date, I suugest you be patient and wait. You sent the message, now the ball is in his court.

This is Tuesday, assuming the date was sometime over the wekend, don't rush it.
  • Tiffers44
    Options
    Thanks- Whitehairedguy64!
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I am not a man, but here's my opinion...

Do nothing !!

If he is interested, he has your number..If he is playing THe game, he has your number..Dont sit there waiting for him, go on other dates, go out with friends. If he really wants to, he will contact you.
  • johnlatv
    johnlatv Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    i would say reach out to him, a quick hi, how was your weekend and leave it alone. He should have sent a text by now, if he was a gentleman.
  • PhotogNerd
    PhotogNerd Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    If he's interested he'll call.....or text (ugh). Go on some more dates with other men. If you never hear from him who cares, he just didn't see the awesome in you. Someone else will though. =)
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options

Do nothing !!

If he is interested, he has your number..If he is playing THe game, he has your number..Dont sit there waiting for him, go on other dates, go out with friends. If he really wants to, he will contact you.

This.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    If you're crazy about him them call him soon. If not then keep shopping because he's apparently not koo-koo for your cocoa cocoa puffs.
  • Danardeener
    Options
    To be bluntly honest, he's just not that into you. He has your number if he's interested he would chase you. Go out on other dates, have a good time.... he may or may not resurface. If he doesn't no loss!
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    i would say reach out to him, a quick hi, how was your weekend and leave it alone. He should have sent a text by now, if he was a gentleman.
    I agree with this. You can reach out without sounding needy. If he doesn't respond well or if this doesn't propel things, then I wouldn't worry about him. If he really is interested, he'd make the effort.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Should have put out....................just sayin.

this
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    If it's been a week "he's probably not that into you". Do not chase him. Move on.
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options

Why should she reach out to him?

Here are some possible scenarios:

He is not into her—she shouldn’t reach out
    He is playing games—grown *kitten* men should not play childish games—she shouldn’t reach out
    He is into her, but is kinda shy—who wants an insecure man—she shouldn’t reach out

Can you come up with another reason why he hasn’t contacted her in a week?
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    If its been a week, let it go. If I received a text the night of the date, I'd be a bit turned off. Tell me the next morning you had a nice time. But right after via text... no thanks.
  • Iceman1800
    Options

Do nothing !!

I agree with this. To be upfront, if I wanted a 2nd date, I would have tasked you by now.