Being Deleted/Deleting Friends

Options
Have you ever been deleted for no apparent reason, or even after you try and reach out to someone? I have. Has anyone DONE this, and what were your reasons?

Replies

• mommajolynn
    mommajolynn Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    a guy deleted me because he tried telling me that his way of doing this was the only way there was. His way or no way. I told him to take his way and shove it up his *kitten* lol. I have lost over 20lbs doing it my way and he had lost 10 and had been doing it longer. Umm.. yeah.. my way works for me but may not work for anyone else and I don't like it when people say that their way is the right way.
  • DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I've deleted people that I had not heard from in a long time. Who I rarely saw. I'm sure I've been deleted but it doesn't really bother me. Especially if I have never met the person in real life.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I've been deleted before. It doesn't bother me in the least. I have a large friends list on here, and so most of them I don't even converse with regularly. There are probably about 10 people on my friends list that I communicate with daily.
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    It doesn't bother me either, it's just kind of weird. Like someone deleted me after being friends maybe 3 days so I never really got to talk to them much. And then another after I was goofing around about a football game? Lol, like, I'd get it if I wasn't active or if I was negative, etc. Just kind of weird. So I was wondering if people had other reasons for deleting people besides people being jack-wagons or just not active.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Yes. :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I delete people all the time for a variety of reasons. In all honesty, wearing too many clothes is reason enough.
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    :drinker::smokin:
    I delete people all the time for a variety of reasons. In all honesty, wearing too many clothes is reason enough.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    I've probably been deleted, but haven't noticed. I wouldn't take it personally.

I have deleted some people who I find I am unable to be supportive of. If I can't offer them support, why should I keep myself in their business? There are some really nice, hard working people who I still have on my friend's list that I find hard to support due to very different food philosophies (I'm not sure why they asked to be my friend since I am very open in my profile about it) but I try to still make supportive comments on occasion, but without saying anything about food choice. It's really not my business what people are eating, and if I don't think they are being healthy, that's what deleting is for.

Don't be offended or hurt when you are deleted; it's not personal. We are all on our own journey and have to do what works best for each of us.
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    lol Yeah..it happens. Some people I reach out to, some I don't. If you don't have the courtesy to respond, well don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.

Usually it works out to be better off once that person is gone.

I currently have a FL full of awesome... and I'm happy to keep it just the way it is :)
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    I don't, nor will I likely ever, meet any of my MFP friends in real life. They are a great support network and a comfort to me when I get stressed out (and I like to think widdershins likewise), but if some of them feel that for some reason they no longer want to provide or receive the support, that's their choice and I don't get worked up about it.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options

.. said the short person wearing a fur coat. (grin)
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I've had it done to me & Ive done it. Usually I do it in bulk just to clean up my friends list and reduce the number to a more manageable size.
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options

I'm sorry. I will try to do better.
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    lol Yeah..it happens. Some people I reach out to, some I don't. If you don't have the courtesy to respond, well don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.

Usually it works out to be better off once that person is gone.

I currently have a FL full of awesome... and I'm happy to keep it just the way it is :)

Lots and lots of ^^^ This.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options

*takes notes*

*removes clothes*
  • DaphneAtx
    Options
    I delete people who burn 1500 calories in 30 minutes or who log 'standing' as exercise.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    The weirdest 'deleting' story I have is I got a FR which I accepted and then the next day that person deleted me, wtf?!!!

I only delete people if they haven't logged for 6 months, I think it's nice if you fall off the wagon and come back that there's still someone on your FL.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I don't know if anyone has deleted me. If they have, I haven't noticed. They probably weren't the closest of my MFP friends anyway.

I've deleted people. Usually because they don't interact with me at all. What's the point of having friends who never say anything..not even once? I don't expect people to interact daily or even weekly, but once in a while isn't too much to ask.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

*takes notes*

*removes clothes*

It's about damn time, we've been waiting.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

.. said the short person wearing a fur coat. (grin)

I only shave twice/year...