Being Deleted/Deleting Friends

Options

Replies

• skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I delete people who burn 1500 calories in 30 minutes or who log 'standing' as exercise.

What about standing on just the one leg?
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    It happens, some people are serial deleters. If they didn't want to be my friend anymore then buh bye!
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    The weirdest 'deleting' story I have is I got a FR which I accepted and then the next day that person deleted me, wtf?!!!

I only delete people if they haven't logged for 6 months, I think it's nice if you fall off the wagon and come back that there's still someone on your FL.

LOL SAME thing happened to me... haha like wth?? I've only deleted one person who was basically promoting an eating disorder. She just drank those visalus shakes and had pictures of her rib cabe up and stuff.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I'll delete people just to get my FL to a multiple of 5.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

I like it when mine adds up to 7.

And I've had people delete me MINUTES after I accept their request. It happens. Can't let it get to you.
  • NaEl1
    NaEl1 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter to me.. delete me then delete me again after that :))
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options

Ocd much??
  • JLand918
    Options
    I tend to keep my freind list small only for active people who log and message me often etc if you ever get added then find out later your deleted that is why, if you are rarely on the site, dont log or message etc then my opinion is I have no use for you, that isnt what I call supportive freinds. oh also if I do add you and I send a intro message to you telling you about myself etc and you dont reply that is pretty much instant deletion! :)
  • LMP18
    LMP18 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I delete people if they go missing for over a week or if they are not active on MFP. I figure we are all here for the same reason and if my "friends" arent supportive, then they dont need to be my friend so they get deleted
  • kingofcrunk
    kingofcrunk Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I've probably been deleted. I haven't noticed.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    The weirdest 'deleting' story I have is I got a FR which I accepted and then the next day that person deleted me, wtf?!!!

I only delete people if they haven't logged for 6 months, I think it's nice if you fall off the wagon and come back that there's still someone on your FL.

LOL SAME thing happened to me... haha like wth?? I've only deleted one person who was basically promoting an eating disorder. She just drank those visalus shakes and had pictures of her rib cabe up and stuff.

At least she was drinking something with calories...I deleted a girl who was like 130lbs, usually ate like 800 calories a day, constantly whined about how the scale wouldn't move, finally *binged* and ate 1200 calories one day then drank nothing but 0 calorie seltzer for 2 days.
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I don't pay attention if I get deleted. It's no big deal, if we don't click or I'm not what you need to keep you motivated, I totally understand. Everybody needs to be surrounded with different types of people.
    I myself have deleted two people. One was a younger girl who had some serious ed and mental issues and didn't want to hear any encouragement or support. She just wanted to whine and as someone who grew up with those issues I don't want to hear an 18 year old complain all day and not accept help when it's offered, she just wanted to hear herself talk. THe other was extremely insensitive of people with a lot of weight to lose, making fun of methods of exercise used by people who are too heavy to go running or swimming, for example. I can't stand the superiority and negativity.
  • annebubbles
    annebubbles Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I have deleted people who cut & paste, quote, after quote, after quote, from books they read. or make dumb comments about football games & television shows that I do NOT care about. I don't mind if you ramble on about your horrible life or your struggle with the daily grind, but I do NOT want to read about your new facebook crush or your favorite sports team.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I've only deleted one person, and that was 2 days after I accepted their friend request. While considering whether or not to accept, I knew we had little in common and decided to give it a shot.

Not worth it, so I deleted him.

As others have said you get what you give!
  • Sick_Beard
    Sick_Beard Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Too laid back and chilled to worry over something as menial as this...
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I randomly delete all my friends because I'm a d*ick that way...
  • running_shoe
    running_shoe Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I have been deleted and have deleted. I think we're all looking for reasonably like-minded people for "friends." If I have a "friend" who is never supportive in reciprocation for my support, or if that person just does not appear to be "serious" about their health per my definition, then what's the point of continuing on. I know I have been deleted, but really couldn't tell you why. You'd have to ask them! It's no biggie, really. At work with "real" people I'm not friends with everybody, so why should it be expected to work out any differently here.:smile:
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    I delete people all the time for a variety of reasons. In all honesty, wearing too many clothes is reason enough.

Bahaha! I like your style!

I delete people all the time, mostly for one of the following reasons: they have a private profile and I don't know who they are until I accept. If I don't like what I see, they're gone. If they haven't logged in in a week, they aren't active on MFP, I don't find their statuses interesting, they whine and complain about their lives, or they seem to be constanty "falling off the wagon" and making no serious effort to change anything.

I'm trying to build a moderately-sized community of interactive, funny, intelligent, sarcastic people who click with my personality and are still serious about their fitness, so people who don't fit into that category after some amount of time might also get deleted.

ETA: I don't get this fixation on the friends list. I don't check my friends number every time I log in, but it seems like it's a big deal to some...
  • Sarge516
    Sarge516 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time declining FRs. I'm thinking they see that I have lost some weight and want to peek at my food diary for a few days. No harm in that. So I let them, and if I don't hear from them after a few days, I assume that's what they wanted and have moved on, so I delete them.

Truthfully, I would prefer a smaller group of MFP friends than I have, but it's about a 0.2 on a scale of 1 - 10 importance. I support those I can, and delete the inactives after a few days. I'm sure no one really cares.

I had to cull my Facebook friends list too as it got too big for my liking. For FB, I did the "living room test". If it would feel weird for them to be in my living room, they got deleted. I went from 350 "friends" to about 80. It has since creeped back up to just over 100. What a cumbersome process that is. It took me a couple hours.

About 80% of my friends on MFP are strangers anyway. A few people I work with are on here, and if they go inactive, I delete them too - I assume they gave up or moved on.
  • NiSan12
    NiSan12 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I've been deleted for whatever reason, and probably will delete those that don't have any activity on here. Nothing personal. This is
    supposed to be a site for support and if you are never here, where is the support?