Did you marry your first love from high school or before

Options
Charlie003
Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
If so are you still together. How many years?

Replies

• mensasu
    mensasu Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Well, married my first *real* boyfriend and yes my first love. We met at age 16, married at 19 and just celebrated out 38th anniversary.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Yup and 4 kids later we are divorced and now I know what REAL love is. I am happily engaged to someone else.
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Yup and 4 kids later we are divorced and now I know what REAL love is. I am happily engaged to someone else.
    seems legit
  • JessigirlJb
    Options
    started dating at 16 married at 18.. 2 beautiful children.. and we are divorcing
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Not my high school sweetheart. My first love yes. I met him when I was 23 and we have been together for 22 years (married for 20).
  • tnshahud
    Options
    Married my high school sweetheart!!! Got together when I was 16 had baby one, had baby two at age 23 married at age 24 and still happy 15 yrs later! (Have we been through Hell and back yes, it's not easy, as I'm sure most marriages aren't...but I'll willing to put up a fight for him) :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • mjj79
    mjj79 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    He was my second boyfriend but first LOVE. We were friend in high school and college. Married right after i graduated. 11 years and 5 kids later he's still my best friend. :)
  • rhvandan
    Options
    Met my hubby at 19.. does that count? I'd just gotten out of a bad relationship of 3.5 years and found him online. We'll be married 10 years come November 1st. :) Times have been bad, and good, but we do pretty well together!
  • mindirella
    Options
    Dated my high school boyfriend when I was too young....wasn't even pregnant! Just young and dumb!

We were married for 18 years - divorced two years ago......
  • midcoast_mommy
    midcoast_mommy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I married my high school sweetie! He was 19 and had just graduated, and I was 16 when we started dating. We've been together over 6 years, married more than 2 years now. We survived 5 years of him serving in the Army too. We're perfect for each other and so happy together!
  • AReasor
    AReasor Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I kissed while in high school. It was a mistake, we were committed to other people at the time. Little did we know that would be the kiss we would compare everyone else to for 15 yrs. He got married and divorced. I got married and divorced. We spent the entire time as best friends. After my marriage fell apart, I realized I already had the man I wanted all along. He is an amazing man, and I love him dearly.

Friends for 20 years.
    Together for 5 years.
    Married for 3 years.

Yes folks, he made it out of the friendzone.
  • jojopel
    jojopel Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I met my husband when we were 16, we became the best of friends. I even told him I would never go out with him because I didn't want to ruin our friendship. Fast forward a few years, we started dating when we were 19 and we'll be celebrating our 24th wedding anniversary in a couple of weeks.
  • know_your_worth
    know_your_worth Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    No, thank God.
  • Birdie
    Birdie Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    First love out of high school. Didn't really date in high school (tall girl thing). But I did marry the first man I dated out of high school. I met him two weeks after graduation. He was my manager at my first job. I quit the job a month later but kept him for 20 years.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I met my husband in college. I met him at 19, and we married when I was 23. We're 7 years strong.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I am going to be marrying my high school sweetheart in August, we've been together 7 years next month :)<3
  • randysbombshellgirl
    Options
    We met as seniors in high school. Dated for 6 years. Just renewed our wedding vows last year on our 20th anniversary. Would not change a thing!!!!
  • Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Yes, we've been together 11 years.
  • dkweathington
    dkweathington Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    yes! it will be 12 years November 2!
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Well, married my first *real* boyfriend and yes my first love. We met at age 16, married at 19 and just celebrated out 38th anniversary.

That is so sweet.