Did you marry your first love from high school or before

Options

Replies

• innocenceportrayed
    Options
    My high school love and I aren't married yet but we've been together for 5 years total.
  • edge_dragoncaller
    edge_dragoncaller Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I did yes. In high school we were together for about a year before we split up. I was two grades higher than her and when I moved the long distance was too much. 10.5 years later she was having marital issues with her first husband and and I was 2 years out of a bad relationship when she got in touch with me. Now we have been together for almost 8 and married for almost 3 (our anniversarry is January 1st).
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Yes I did. When we met, I was a Junior and he had just graduated a month earlier. We just celebrated 19 year together and 15 years married last Thursday.
  • McLifterPants
    McLifterPants Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I was engaged to my "first love," although I didn't meet him until I was in college... he was a sweet guy, but the best decision I've ever made for myself was walking away from that. Now happily engaged to the best friend I've ever had, and can't imagine my life without him!
  • rockingallovertheworld
    Options
    Met at 18 got married at 20. Been married for almost 27 years and have 3 wonderful kids and a lovely son in law. Daughter also married her 1st love and moved to the USA to be with him. Youngest daughter however thinks that it must be boring to be with the same person for so many years!!!!!!!!!!
  • rdschill
    rdschill Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    We went to high school together, but never met until our 10-year reunion. Married 3 years later (10 years ago).
  • sfbinca
    sfbinca Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Went out for five years (end of high-school, University/College).
    Married for 23 as of a couple weeks ago.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    We were talking on it and planning on it... but he was controlling and had some tendencies that were very... close to emotional abuse. He's since apologized for those tendencies, and we talk occasionally on Facebook... but going to college out of state (partially to get away from him) was one of the best decisions I've ever made.
  • rachelerwin
    rachelerwin Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Started dating at 17 got married at 18 and have been happily married to the man of my dreams for 20 years!
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    We didn't get married but we met when I was 15. Started dating when I was 16. I had my first baby at 18. My second baby at 21. My third baby at 23. 4 months after my last baby was born he became abusive so I left. A year later I found the man of my dreams. We have been together 9 years (not married) and he has helped me raise my kids. Their dad is thankfully not in the picture. As far as marriage goes I don't think I will get married. It kind of scares me.
  • km202
    km202 Posts: 112
    Options
    My husband and I started dating when we were 14. We dated 4 years. Got engaged. We were engaged 4 years. Got married. Been married 1 1/2 years and plan to be forever! :D
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Nope!
  • honestykay
    honestykay Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I met my husband at age 14. He was dating my bestfriends sister. We started dating at 16 for 4 months. We broke up and then he showed up at my door 9 months later. We dated 5 1/2 years had 2 kids. We broke up again for 9 months again. We been back together for 4 years and married about an year and 1/2. So the last 12 years have been hard and so worth it.
  • 388gigi
    388gigi Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I'm engaged to my high school sweet heart :-)

We had a 4 year break though....hahaha
  • HeatherPH
    HeatherPH Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I met my husband at 16, when I was in high school but he was at uni (he was 21). Met him at our karate class :) We've been together 13 years now and married for 8 years this coming Monday!
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I had 2 kids from him and we were together from 13 years old till i was - 20 years old. No I did not marry him THANK YOU JESUS!
    33de6dcfa83db68b13741ca65bd2abad.gif
  • missigus
    missigus Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Yes. I met him at age 14. Dated in High school. He moved. Got back together in College. Got married after getting our college degrees at 22. We have been married 21 years now but have known each other for 29 years. I've known him for more than half my life now. Crazy!
  • 6swolcott
    6swolcott Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    this October i will be married 30 years to my bff, my first love.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Yes! But we've only been together a year and a half now. I dated him my freshman year. I moved, we broke up, and I didn't talk to him for about thirteen years. He found me on FB, and we got back together. Best thing I've ever gotten from facebook. :heart:
  • mellynat
    mellynat Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Yes, we became neighbors when I was about 11years old. He was 2 years older then me. We had our innocent fun as kids. Became an "official" couple when I was 17. He proposed a year later.
    5.5 years later still going strong. Love him more each day. We are expecting our 3rd baby. :)