Is anyone doing the Jillian Michaels 30 day slimdown?

Options
nisijam5
nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
I just started doing the 30 day slimdown by Jillian's, here's the link and click on download the plan:

http://www.exercisetv.tv/workoutplans.aspx?id=1

I have just finished day 3...wondering if anyone else is doing it...would like someone else to be miserable with me

Kim

Replies

• meg0112
    meg0112 Posts: 344
    Options
    I am doing 30 day shred right now. Its a workout plan, but I am going to check this out. I have done 5 days of the 30 day shred, and I can already tell a big difference. Not just in that workout either. I was never a big runner, but when I initially lost weight I trained myself to be. I fell out of counting once I hit my goal pant size, then I fell out of eating well, and then out of working and now I am back here on MFP to get back down to that size 6! Anyway, the point of that is that I am having to retrain myself to run. I struggled over Christmas making it to 15 minutes of jogging, and hadn't tried since I started the shred. I went running with a friend of mine today and ended pushing her into our last mile for a 2.5 mile jog!! I went with so she would push me to two, but I felt so good I wanted to keep going. Jillian is brilliant.
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I just started doing the 30 day slimdown by Jillian's, here's the link and click on download the plan:

http://www.exercisetv.tv/workoutplans.aspx?id=1

I have just finished day 3...wondering if anyone else is doing it...would like someone else to be miserable with me

Kim

So, do you just download the workout and do it from your computer?
  • nisijam5
    Options
    You can get it free off your TV if you have Comcast...it's on "On-Demand"...it might work off the computer too!!

I did buy the three DVDs...I did the Burn Fat, Boost Metabolism today...it's gonna hurt tomorrow.

Kim
  • Roxie65
    Roxie65 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I started this on Monday but have only managed to do 1 day of it so far. I am suppose to do 30D Shred Level 1 tonite.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I haven't been able to do them everyday like I would like to...but, hoping to get these done today and tomorrow

I am doing Shred 1 right now (Day 4)

No More Trouble Zones (Day 5)

Let me know how you are doing...let's push ourselves
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,461 Member
    Options
    I started this rotation on 12/28, and have been also running 3 times a week. I have not done the Quick Trouble Zone workout, because I don't want to workout in my family room. I have been using Jackie Warners new DVD Power Circuit Training, and using the Total Body Circuit workout that she has on there. It is 40 min. long, and was similar to what I saw on ExerciseTV OnDemand. So far I'm enjoying this rotation.

Laurie
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Just checking with everyone on how they are doing with this rotation. I just started week 3, and am having a great time. Is anyone going to add Shred #3 into this rotation? I noticed that she didn't include that one at all. How heavy of weights are you all trying out? I have been using 5lb weights.

Laurie
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Today is day 8 for me....Quick No Trouble Zones...Shred 2 will be incorporated into this week....Shred 1 is a breeze now

Keep up the good work
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Started my last week of this rotation, and am seeing some great results. Today was the combo of Shred 2 & 1. Really liked getting the harder workout done, because Shred #1 seemed so easy after that. :laugh:

How is everyone else doing?
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I have not gotten to the combos yet...just finished day 12 Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism...seemed easier this go around...I start the doubles on day 15

Have you noticed some muscles starting to "pop"...I love how tones and muscular I am getting after only two weeks

Great Job, Keep going
  • meg0112
    Options
    Today I did day 17.. and I have to say at day 7 the workout was a breeze, NOT true for level two. This workout is so tough. Its not getting easier, but I am still working through it. You know how Jillian always says she wants you screaming?? Well today completing the squats with a v-raise or whatever I was definitely screaming haha. Wonder what the neighbors in my apartment thought...
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Today I did day 17.. and I have to say at day 7 the workout was a breeze, NOT true for level two. This workout is so tough. Its not getting easier, but I am still working through it. You know how Jillian always says she wants you screaming?? Well today completing the squats with a v-raise or whatever I was definitely screaming haha. Wonder what the neighbors in my apartment thought...

I am doing Day 13, No More Trouble Zones today....I know it's going to HURT:sad: ...worth it tho

Someone at work did the 30 shred and lost 15 lbs....so, that's encouraging

Yeah, those V-squats are brutal...you have to scream :sad: doing them
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Well today for me is the Quick Trouble Zones, but I'm thinking of subbing in the Upper and Lower body workouts from her new Last Chance Workout. I have not even tried this one out yet, so it might be a nice change of pace. Oh I also got in a run on my treadmill also.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Nice plan...let me know how the last chance workout is?

Just the name of it scares me.....away
  • momta2girls
    Options
    Count me in, too. I'm on day 4. I already had the 30 day shred video but ordered the other two on Monday. Right now, I'm doing the shred until the new videos come. I can already tell a difference in my endurance.

This is the second time I've done the shred. I hate Jillian just as much! :o) I got discouraged first time around because I wasn't loosing weight-just inches. This time I'm committed to logging my calories and exercising.

Let's keep each other posted on our progress!!
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Gay, Glad you are trying this rotation out. I have to say that I have not lost a lot of weight with this rotation, but then I don't have a lot to lose. I am totally happy with the results in my arms. I will be using my tape measure after I'm finished, because I know that there will be results. Great idea on watching your calorie intake during the rotation. :wink:

I have not tried out the Last Chance workout yet, but am hoping to try it out before this rotation ends on Sunday. :wink:
  • meg0112
    Options
    Completed level 2 today, on to level 3 tomorrow
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I will be using my tape measure after I'm finished, because I know that there will be results. Great idea on watching your calorie intake during the rotation. :wink:

Yes, I will be too...my arms are getting buff...I already see them getting toned and I LOVE it.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Completed level 2 today, on to level 3 tomorrow

Go, girl...your almost at the finish line...I did day 15 today...double workout, shred 1 and quick no more trouble zones
  • nisijam5
    Options
    oops, double post