is anyone else just trying to lose a little bit of weight?

Options
13»

Replies

• d_Mode
    d_Mode Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    The main reason I am here is because of my diabetes. I'm a type 2 diabetic and shortly after finding out, my wife and I had a son. He's 18-months-old now and I have been staying home with him since I am in between jobs. I got up to 251 lbs back in Oct. 2010 and since then have lost about 20 lbs through dietary changes and slight exercise.

I'm hoping this site will help motivate me to exercise more, something I miss doing, and I love how I am able to track all my calories, carbs and cholesterol.

You're the first person I've added, but hopefully not that last. I'll be stoked if I could get down to 200 lbs, super-stoked if I can get all the way down to 180. So please, bug me about exercising. :D
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    The main reason I am here is because of my diabetes. I'm a type 2 diabetic and shortly after finding out, my wife and I had a son. He's 18-months-old now and I have been staying home with him since I am in between jobs. I got up to 251 lbs back in Oct. 2010 and since then have lost about 20 lbs through dietary changes and slight exercise.

I'm hoping this site will help motivate me to exercise more, something I miss doing, and I love how I am able to track all my calories, carbs and cholesterol.

You're the first person I've added, but hopefully not that last. I'll be stoked if I could get down to 200 lbs, super-stoked if I can get all the way down to 180. So please, bug me about exercising. :D
    Do yourself a favor and look into heavy weight training. I have seen several studies that suggest heavy resistance training can prevent or eliminate Type II diabetes combined with a high protein diet.