Replies

• 2boypeas
    Options
    I do big preps on Sundays.
    Quinoa
    Brown rice
    Chicken breast
    Hard boiled eggs
    Black bean brownies (we have one every night)
    Cut up veggies
    Turkey breast
    Salads in mason jars (they've held up well)
    My favorite is turkey and zucchini lasagna (the longer it sits, the better.)
  • serena569
    serena569 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    bump
  • danmiller87
    danmiller87 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Oh! I just remembered another one...

Whenever Fry's (or any other grocery) has a big sale on eggs I buy a TON of them and I buy lots of chicken/turkey/any other protein and make about 5-6 breakfast burritos with them.

2 eggs, 2-4 oz of meat, any veggies you want, salsa in a whole wheat tortilla. Then when I roll up the burrito, I wrap each one in aluminum foil so all you have to do is grab it and go (hot or cold.) It makes for a healthy fast breakfast, especially when I have to be at work at 630am. :-P
  • LoggingForLife
    LoggingForLife Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I love the website Skinnytaste.com. She has a whole section on easily frozen meals. I do soups on Sunday and freeze them for the week. Her receipies are awesome.
  • danmiller87
    danmiller87 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Its delish!!! I also cook the rice for breakfast sometimes... Garlic Fried Rice... Its so simple but I ate it almost daily when I went to visit family in the Philippines. Its on my website... (no im not promoting it, I don't make $ off it. Just for fun)

http://www.foodfornoobs.com/2012/03/sinangag-garlic-fried-rice/
  • MVY_
    MVY_ Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    how about anything that can be eaten cold? instead of heating.
  • MVY_
    MVY_ Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Its delish!!! I also cook the rice for breakfast sometimes... Garlic Fried Rice... Its so simple but I ate it almost daily when I went to visit family in the Philippines. Its on my website... (no im not promoting it, I don't make $ off it. Just for fun)

http://www.foodfornoobs.com/2012/03/sinangag-garlic-fried-rice/

lmao the foods for noobs gotta laugh.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    Options
    I usually make like a big batch of some type of meat - ground meat (turkey/pork/beef/chicken), or take a bunch of chicken breasts and cook it all at once. Then I divide them all out and put 1 or 2 in the fridge and freeze the rest. All I gotta do it nuke it for a minute and a half and bam... dinner's ready.

Cook ground meat once and you've got a ready product for tacos and pasta dishes.

Cook chicken or steak all at once and just swap out your starch and veg. Have chicken with potatoes and broccoli one night. Then the next night have chicken over pasta with asparagus on the side.
  • bertoliniracing
    Options
    Quinoa
    Brown rice
    Chicken breast
    Hard boiled eggs
    Cut up veggies
    Turkey breast

turkey and zucchini lasagna sounds amazing do you have a recipe to share?
  • 2boypeas
    Options
    Quinoa
    Brown rice
    Chicken breast
    Hard boiled eggs
    Cut up veggies
    Turkey breast

turkey and zucchini lasagna sounds amazing do you have a recipe to share?

It isn't my recipe, but one I found on Pinterest. It's really good and freezes well. I've made it as is and then altered. Both versions were great! Hope the link works. Enjoy!
    http://joandsue.blogspot.ca/2012/06/zucchini-lasagna.html
  • misschevious1
    Options
    bump