-4lbs in a month?! Not good enough

Could more knowledgable people take a sec to look at my food diary and exercising. -4lbs in a month sucks. I have gone over calories a bit some days (but at 1280 calories a day, its not hard.)

Ideas welcome.
I run 6k twice a week and 10k once a week on weekends.
I do Bikram/hot yoga a minimum of 3 times a week.

-4lbs in a month sucks and I am 170, so I have alot more to lose.
I drink 4litres of water a day.

too many carbs?
Thinking of doing the 1 or 2 days a week of alternating fasting (500 calories a day).

Thanks!

Replies

• Be proud of your 4 pounds! That's a lot of weight, even if you don't feel like it it!

But back to your point :wink:

You're going to have to try many things before you find what's right for you. My honest opinion? Eat more food. I am no doctor, but from experience (and based on the amount of exercise you said you do) you may not be eating enough to fuel your body to continue to lose weight.

Try upping your calories by like...200-300 for a month. If that doesn't work try eating less carbs for a month.
    The key is to give everything TIME. Don't rush it and you will be successful.

Hopefully that's a little helpful. I tried :flowerforyou:
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    1lb is a week is a healthy loss..
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    That's a pound a week......recommendation for healthy weight loss is 1-2 pounds a week.

I'd say you're doing fine.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    I average about 4lbs per month. Works for me
  • bkibbs
    bkibbs Posts: 106 Member

There isn't enough THIS to THIS this post.
  • jessc4343
    jessc4343 Posts: 214 Member
    eat more.
  • Sailatsorf
    Sailatsorf Posts: 161 Member
    I agree with the person above me. Also, consider this:

According to your ticker, you have lost 46 pounds. That's great! The thing is, as you lose weight, your body becomes lighter and you don't get as much weight resistance. Basically, you don't have to burn as much energy to propel yourself, and your exercises will burn fewer calories. People struggle to lose the last 10-20 pounds, and this is part of the reason why. Maybe add a fast-paced walk in somewhere in your week and see how it goes.
  • I've lost 0lbs in 7weeks on 1300/daily -- it could be worse!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Here's an idea...be patient
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    How much weight are you trying to lose? 1lb/week may be a little slow for some, is just right for most, and can be too fast for some.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,810 Member
    Ummm I would be cheering from the high heavens if I was losing 4lbs a month. I'm lucky to lose more than 1 a month at this point. You're doing just fine!!
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Here's an idea...be patient

Shut up. Quit making so much sense... the forums is no place for that!
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    4lbs a month is spot on - too much too fast and you'll lose too much muscle mass and risk putting it back on. Remember slow and steady wins the dieting race :wink:

Be proud of your 4lbs, but I do agree that you are probably eating to little - have a read of this thread.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

I'm on 1500 and losing 1lb a week :blushing:

And don't worry too much, you're doing great. :drinker:
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,173 Member
    If 4 pounds a month sucks, there are a lot of sucky people here....me included.
  • joannathechef
    joannathechef Posts: 484 Member
    I've lost 0lbs in 7weeks on 1300/daily -- it could be worse!

yep - I am losing VERY slowly too I would be really happy with a pound a week
  • djc315
    djc315 Posts: 585 Member
    Have you taken measurements? Muscle weighs more than fat, so although you could be losing fat weight, you could be gaining muscle weight. You are running a lot, gaining muscle!

I think your dairy looks pretty good when it comes to calories. I didn't really look that closely to WHAT you are eating but how is your sodium intake? If you have a high sodium day, you need to drink double the water the next day to flush it out. When do you weigh in? Keep in mind the night before you weigh in so you don't eat high sodium foods and retain water. I find personally eating carbs the night before always bloats me, too. I always try to eat as clean and pure as I can the day before weigh in.

I think you are probably loosing inches. The scale doesn't show that, but you are still seeing the scale go in the direction you wish it to, so don't beat yourself up. 4 pounds is better lost than gained.
  • panda007dammit
    panda007dammit Posts: 36 Member
    How did you set up your plan for MyFitnessPal? If you're sticking right to the typical plan (I believe it's typical, but please correct me if I'm wrong), then you're losing at the exact rate that you should be. That means that what you're doing is working as expected. If you want to lose weight faster, you might have to go more extreme, but that may stall your progress or cause other problems if you're not replenishing your body enough.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Slow and steady wins the race.
  • I was losing a lot morein a month when I first started and it lasted for months. this past month I battled the same four pounds the entire month. It is frustrating at times. I think I am going to do more protein a fewer carbs. Sine I started MFP I have let myself stay in calorie range but started eating more carbs and my weight loss has slowed down. Oh well, I gotta do what works for me and it is not counting calories but staying within the carb range of 20-40 carbs a day and more protein. If you find anything that works for you stick with it reguardless of what anyone else tries to tell you.
  • miltongurl05
    miltongurl05 Posts: 64 Member

^^^ This! Especially for someone at your weight. If you lose weight very quickly (in a short amount of time), most times it is water weight or you have a lot of weight to lose. If it's water weight, chances are you will gain it back and then some. Keep doing what you're doing! When you steadily lose weight, the chances of you putting it back on decrease! :smile: