What have you learned about yourself so far?

Options
13»

Replies

• JWmovin4ward
    JWmovin4ward Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I have learnt that I am capable of alot more then I ever imagined possible & when I don't over think things, they aren't anywhere near as hard to accomplish.
  • BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Some of these things I've learned from my journey, others from my children.

I am strong.

The only thing that hinders me, is my own thinking.

I am a leader, which means that I make the example, both at work at in my family life.

That if I just get off my butt and do, I enjoy exercise.

I also enjoy logging my calories. It's like a game!

That you can lead someone to the information to lose weight, but you can't make them actually do it (my husband).

That it is more important to me now to at least log what I eat.

That listening to my body and doing what it tells me is actually alot easier than I make it out to be.

My kiddos have taught me that exercise is fun. And we all learn alot about ourselves while doing it.

I'm sure there's more, but I'm in the middle of cooking.
  • mommy2AR
    mommy2AR Posts: 2,802 Member
    Options
    I have a bad self image and I am working on changing it :) I am determined and a hard worker
  • anrev42
    anrev42 Posts: 331
    Options
    I learned that I can make time everyday to exercise. I also learned that I can push myself beyond my limit! I love the exhilarating feeling after workout. Lastly, I learned to eat slowly and actually enjoy the meal.
  • earlyxer
    earlyxer Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I learned that I can eat almost the exact same thing every day and not get bored, haha.
  • SavageRabidBeast
    SavageRabidBeast Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I have learned that I am an *kitten* kicking, weight smashing beast. Haha, no seriously though, I have learned that I can do this and as long as I can stay focused I will succeed in reaching any goal I want to reach.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    That I am more persistent and consistent than I ever knew.
  • 18guyhornet
    18guyhornet Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I learned that I can eat almost the exact same thing every day and not get bored, haha.

^^^ Me too - creatures of habit I guess!
  • JessigirlJb
    Options
    That I thoroughly love tracking what I eat and the exercise that I do!
  • sonny368
    Options
    I've learned that once I set a goal sooner or later I reach it, that is important to listen to my body not only when I can push harder but also when I need to recovery, that support to each other is important especially when we have a long way to go and the exchange of experience add up a lot, I better my self confidence and I saw that people from Outside get inspired from me for my consistency, I learned also that I can eat normal food and be anyway in the process of dropping weight, I feel myself more accountable and I love MFP Community !!!
  • jaciofthedead
    Options
    i have to stop listening to my brain. i will tell myself that i have to stop im getting tired and i know my body is capable of doing so much more. I am the only person holding myself back.