Sucker Punch to My Self Esteem..

Options
2»

Replies

• PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    wash it and go get another one when you're ready!
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I literally look like I crawled out of a crack den...I wish I was joking when I say this, my mom asked me if I needed an intervention when she saw the photo. In fact in all my ID photos I look horrendous (double chins, horrible hair bags under my eyes etc.) I wouldn't let it get you down honestly. Just think in 4 more years how wonderful you will look - you will get the same comment about how you have changed a lot since the last photo.
  • JuliesS82
    JuliesS82 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you had a bad day, I feel your pain. You're beautiful on the outside and I'm sure on the inside as well. Do something nice for yourself like try out a new class at the gym or buy yourself a cute pair of tennis shoes----there is sooooooo much more to you than a pic.
  • Spartan_Maker
    Spartan_Maker Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    My first reaction to opening this thread was: "She's pretty." I then read your profile and thought: "She's also smart and motivated."

You'll master the body recomposition process with ease.
  • BrownEyedGrrl
    Options
    Those photos NEVER look good!! Don't beat yourself up hun!
    I have the most horrible photo on my drivers license, on my passport and don't get me started on my student ID!! They are never flattering...that's what photos with your friends on a night out are for!!! ;) You're gorgeous! Don't let some DMV or MVC lady get you down...screw her!

^^^^^ this. You're very pretty!!!
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    That picture works both ways... The only photos I have of me at my max weight was my drivers license and my Ymca card:

me at 560 lbs.
    scan00013-1.jpg

me at 249 lbs.
    DSCF0087resized.jpg

they ask me every week (jokingly now cause they know the answer) if I want to take a new photo and my answer is always NO I leave the YMCA everyday and put my ID on my visor with the picture looking down at me and it is my constant motivation to never go back to where that guy once was.... Use your picture as motivation and not as a hindrance....... Best of Luck
  • RunnerInVT
    RunnerInVT Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    At least you can lose weight. I can't lose "old"
  • dearprudence78
    Options
    I feel for you, I really do. That woman has no business whatsoever commenting on anyone's photo. She has no idea who you are and what your story is. Hopefully you can use your new license as motivation to keep working towards your goals. One person here put it beautifully - you are not that photo. Don't let an unflattering picture define who you are. You seem to be a well educated and sweet girl. I think those are better things to dwell on. :smile:
  • SnowWhite824
    Options
    First of all, the woman behind the counter needs to get a life, and shut her mouth. I'm sure shes gained weight in her life, and I'm sure she knows how if feels.

Anyway, I think you should use this as fuel to motovate yourself to get healthy!! And yes, you can redo the picture - So get to a happy weight, and then get in there, and shove it in her face with a new photo!!
  • curlygirly80
    Options
    :bigsmile: Well my friend, this should be your motivation to get to goal! Then once u do, accidentally lose your license and take a trip to the DMV to get a new license. This shouldnt be your demise since no one ever sees it, unless you get pulled over by the po-po often. LOL:bigsmile: