Options

Replies

• mearlie
    mearlie Posts: 224
    Options
    I'm artsy-fartsy. You can add me :)
  • TessieJo
    Options
    Hi, I'm Teresa. Funny, I just now decided to check out the community side of this, and saw your post....you'd just posted it! Yes, I am an artist. Self taught mostly, but I like to dabble in a lot of different styles. Right now I'm doing pencil art, my favorite, human figures. Right now I'm on a shaded male torso kick. You can see my fun side of art on my Zazzle page though.... http://www.zazzle.com/tessiejo .Don't know how this board thing works, but if you want to chat, I'm ok giving you my email address. Nice to meet you! :happy:
  • barkin43
    barkin43 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I write poetry.

Roses are red.
    Violets are blue.
    I like bacon.

I'm not very good at it.

Let me finish that for you:
    Roses are red.
    Violets are blue.
    I like bacon,
    and so do you!

Now, doesn't that rhyme a little better?? Always glad to help out a friend.
  • barkin43
    barkin43 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    All joking aside! I love art and try to dabble in it whenever I have the time. I do mostly pen and ink stuff and like to sketch, but have to have a good subject (as in "easy for me to draw"). I hope to take some lessons when I am able to actually retire from the working world.
  • cheekylemur
    Options
    I'm a sometimes fiber artist when I can escape my day job, mostly for making weird impractical sculptural yarns.

I'd be happy to have some other arty friends.
  • photojunkie28
    Options
    Aww look at all the creative people on here! Does my heart good :)

I graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Graphic design , but I do photography as a side job and am an assistant manager at Hobby Lobby....Art is my middle name. lol
  • tenny10e
    tenny10e Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm an interior designer =)
  • jeleclekat
    jeleclekat Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I love to cross stitch - have some in my photos, also knit sew, and crochet, but that's it..lol
  • charmingopal
    charmingopal Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    hahaha love it.
  • sheerjay
    sheerjay Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    What a big response!!! Looking forward to getting to know you :D

Oh and G......your poem made me giggle :p
  • Jackie80taylor
    Jackie80taylor Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    i adore art and photography, dabbled a bit but life always got in the way of taking it up seriously. i decorate cakes now which seems to tunnel my creative juices nicely lol
  • Ejwelton
    Ejwelton Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I did a Fashion & Textiles degree many moons ago and designed childrenswear for 8 years.

Now I have a sensible (and better paid :-)) job and keep my creative side active by attending paitning classes.
    I've done watercolour and currently am working with acrylics.
  • kel665
    kel665 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I love leadlighting and copperfoiling, also cross stitch and sewing but I haven't done any of these since I had my daughter 6 years ago. I still have all my equipment/glass etc. I need to motivate myself to get back into these things.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I am a Basoonist in my spare time - I have been doing some composing as well and really loving it. I just had my audition for a private university's orchestra with a piece I composed and they were really impressed with it. I was so motivated by it that I started two more pieces!!!

Im very much into wood burning, chinese calligraphy, old english calligraphy, love my quilting, and thoroughly enjoy my baked creations... matter of fact someone at work just put in an order for a birthday cake for someone, so its a trip to the liquor store and Lindt store for that! lol
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    i adore art and photography, dabbled a bit but life always got in the way of taking it up seriously. i decorate cakes now which seems to tunnel my creative juices nicely lol

Ive been working with black-light reactant inks... TOTAL fun until you turn the lights on and see yourself glowing in places! LOL!
  • SirKelsalot
    Options
    I draw, paint, write poetry prose and script, I knit a little bit (not very good at it yet though!) and I like to sew. I play guitar a wee bit too. I'm working on a novel right now (360 pages into it - should be about 1000 finished in first draft form) that I hope to illustrate, or even convert into a series of graphic novels :D Art = my life.

Edited to add: I love photography and digital media too :D Sadly though my laptop is borked right now so no digital doodling for me :C
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I work with wood, fabrics and the like making costume parts currently feel free to add me :)
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    im not an artist... but i love anything arty or creative, i paint, draw, knit, sew, make jewellery, take pictures (verging on photography but not sure im quite there yet) basically i love anything remotely creative..well anything but sculpting i can not get my head around 3d... lol.
    x
  • smaugish
    smaugish Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I'm an arty sort. I used to draw all the time, I'm hoping to get back into it if I can ever find the time. Want to start putting together a flash/tattoo art portfolio, just for sheets and giggles.

Other than that, I'm a musician, wannabe songwriter, playwright and author/poet. And an actor/director, if that counts. And a baker/chocolatier (have a little fledgling company for that!)
  • gabriellejayde
    gabriellejayde Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Hiya peeps.....Hoping to find a few friends that have arty hobbies. I just started doing charcoal drawings myself, might go to some classes soon. Would be nice to have some out-there arty friends.

Feel free to add me :D

Ive been a graphic designer for 20 years (graduate from school of visual arts in Manhattan). Currently my title is marketing and sales manager for a computer company but i am still designing or art directing every day. At home, i crochet, draw, paint, and make stained and fused glass.
    You could say im into art. :)