Where did YOU get your wedding dress?

Options

Replies

• Heyman09
    Options
    With my first wedding I got it from a small boutique in town and it was about $200 my second....well I didn't wear one because I got married by the JP so I just had on a maternity outfit.
  • jocybee83
    jocybee83 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I got mine in a local store where I was living at the time. It was about $500, not including alterations, veil, slip, and jewelry.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I made my own. It cost around $500. The same dress would have been about $3000 in a boutique
  • raylenebrooks
    raylenebrooks Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    well 17 years ago got mine at JcPenney outlet I want to say it was about 100. Lots of beads and lace still very pretty, but I mainly picked it for not needing to be altered at 5'2'' that means something :)
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    my aunt made mine but my next wedding will likely be davids bridal. the one i like is 700 but thats alot for just that in my eyes
  • carolynembry
    carolynembry Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Mine was a pretty pale pink with grey pinstripes that I bought at Dillard's for maybe $50.00 twenty-nine years ago. It was a low-key affair, and I wanted something I could wear again.
  • sullykat
    sullykat Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Got mine a year and a half ago from a local bridal shop. After all our lovely Canadian taxes, it cost me just over $1100. I love my dress, and wore it on our anniversary a few weeks ago, lol.

oh, it is Sofia Tolli, if you'd like to know
  • Kaydoggie
    Kaydoggie Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Bought mine at a local shop for $675, right off the rack, no alterations. It was meant to be :)
  • Jlynb1109
    Jlynb1109 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    David's Bridal. I have a picture of my wedding dress under my photos. I think I paid $300 for mine - they have reasonable prices!
  • angimac
    angimac Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    K-Mart
    $15

Was just a blue and white dress. We didn't have a big wedding.
  • RosaC773
    Options
    I got mine from David's Bridal, I loved it and it was $800 with the blush and veil.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/381847_615630900615_347002671_n.jpg
  • GibblesandBits8064
    Options
    I got mine at David's Bridal. I bought it in early February for our May wedding last year. It was about $650. But, that's just for the dress. Not including shoes, accessories, etc. I have a few pics on my profile if you want to add me. I don't know how to upload them here. If not, it was a white halter dress with a big skirt and pick ups that went all the way around. It was really nice, but kind of heavy.
  • zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you ladies have some handy friends and MILs haha
  • bigsisterdice
    Options
    I bought my dress from Goodwill for $60 :D it still had the tags and everything - never worn - it was a David's Bridal gown that retailed for over $800. I had it tailored (just the hem) which cost $40, and dry-cleaned for $100. My veil I got at Micheal's Craft Store for $15, and I added it to a sparkly little tiara shaped comb which I got at Walmart for like $10. My shoes were also from Goodwill - they matched the bead work on my gown perfectly, and only cost $6. I had a family friend make my jewelry - I bought all of the beads for the set for about $10. We had a fairly inexpensive wedding, but it was beautiful! Good luck finding your perfect gown!
  • AverageAngel
    AverageAngel Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    first wedding? My grandmother's brocade gown. Appraised at over $7,000 . Wedding to my soul mate? 07/07/07.. a $65 white cotton Calvin Klien dress from T.J. Maxx <-- ( U.S. Outlet type store) ...
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    Mine was a Maggie Sotero. I originally was going to get it at a bridal salon but when my hubby didn't feel like waiting a year for the wedding , I turned to the internet and called several authorized sellers. I hit the lottery with a bridal place in MN !!
    I knew the size I needed because I already tried it.
    Only reason they had it was because they took the time to call manufacturer n check for size and style. I had my dress fedex to me 2months aafter I ordered and it came with certificate of authenticity.
    Now the price:
    Local Bridal Place: 1400+400 alterations
    Place in MN: 700 and I spent 200 in alterations. That is some mark up the bridal place had.
    At the time I lived in NYC but I also checked with a salon in the state I was getting married at and the price was 1300.
  • verapamil
    Options
    I got mine from Alfred Angelo (kinda like David's Bridal). It was about $600. I had no intention of buying a dress. We were supposed to have a tiny casual wedding and I *was* planning on wearing "fancy pants" (nice jeans). My friends made me go shopping and after trying on a few and getting really annoyed with shopping (I hate hate hate shopping), I saw this dress and it was like a light went off in my head. I tried it on and it was beautiful but about 1 size too big and they wouldn't be able to get it in on time for my wedding. I was gonna buy it anyways cause it still looked nice until the saleslady thought about the floor display. I tried on that one and it was perfect! Took it and my veil ($25) home that night. I've actually worn it 2 times other than my wedding and if I could put it on by myself I'd probably be wearing it right now. :laugh:
  • knwitall
    knwitall Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I too am working on an April wedding. Im getting my dress from here. http://www.edresst.com/ they are around my budget. :)
  • Poorgirls_Diet
    Poorgirls_Diet Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I travelled from Ireland to New york to get my wedding dress, it was out in store over here. So I paid $2200 for the dress, £350 for alterations and £1050 for the flight. It was worth every penny. I also did some shopping on rodeo drive, pretty woman eat your heart out lol
  • AnitaRose72
    AnitaRose72 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I actually rented my dress and I am sooo glad that I did. It was a name brand, and absolutely gorgeous dress that would otherwise just be sitting in my closet collecting dust. I paid $100.00 for the rental.