Where did YOU get your wedding dress?

Options

Replies

• momo0884
    Options
    David's Bridal originally like $900 got it for $600. I do NOT recommend it there though based off of my experience...the dress was beautiful, but the people who worked there weren't exactly helpful/nice the two times I went in there...one of the times with an appointment.
  • KrysGettinFit
    KrysGettinFit Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I got mine at a boutique and it was a Magge Sottero. Itw as 1,400.00 and to me it was worth every penny. I love it and still love it. I'm planning on having it made into christening gowns/tuxes for my future children.
  • mooglysmom
    mooglysmom Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I *think* it was around $400, but it was 10 years ago and I just don't remember!! I did get it at David's Bridal. I saw it in a magazine and knew that it was the 'one'. We went there and tried it on, and bought it!
  • Adina81
    Adina81 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I paid $50 for mine. (In my profile pic)
    It was short... Exactly how I wanted. Found it in a little boutique shop in Toronto.
  • RiversideBabe
    RiversideBabe Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I picked my dress out at The Wedding Shoppe. I fell in love with the second dress I tired on! We sweet talked our lady into letting us speak to the manager and we got a great deal on the dress. Alterations and all $1,500. It is the most beautiful thing I have ever worn and I wish I could wear it every day haha. Also try recycledbride.com if you are looking for a deal
  • MommaKit79
    Options
    I got mine from David's Bridal. It wasnt on sale but I believe we spent $800 for it. BUT, I had to get extra length and, at the time, a bigger size so, there were 2 extra costs on it. BUt, if you catch them during their $99 sale, you could find one for a lot less there. I LOVED going to the David's Bridal here near me...the women there we SO NICE and, when I was looking, the woman stood up to my M.I.L. about the dress I wanted or thought I would look good in! LOL!!!

kirsten1.jpg
  • Kerilynnda
    Kerilynnda Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I bought my dress from Davids Bridal (the first dress) - decided I absolutely HATED it after about 3 days after ordering it, I cancelled it - then looked online for some dress ideas that I liked, and I ordered mine from http://www.cheapbridesmaid.net - (sounds really classy (sarcasm) I know) but the dress was only $140 and it's gorgeous!!!!!

Waaaay better than the $600 i originally has spent on the first dress I ordered.

12053_101.jpg
  • MrsBlobs
    MrsBlobs Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm in the UK, so not much help - but I bought mine from Mothercare :blushing: :bigsmile:
  • rubytOU
    rubytOU Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    i got mine from a boutique in Andover, MA. Paid $1800, well... my parents paid for it. ♥

Jasmine Couture. Dont know how to do pictures so ... here's the link. I Love LOVE this dress.

http://www.jasminebridal.com/ugC_Product_Detail.asp?hidP_kind=Bridal&hidP_style=COUTURE&selSNeckline=2&hidP_Style_ID=T834
  • StressedChaos
    StressedChaos Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I bought mine from a local shop for $350. It is made by Impressions.
  • oameyers
    oameyers Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    My wedding is this April too...yay for April weddings!

I went to David's Bridal but was not impressed. I'm actually going today to a local place called Athena's Bridal and the two dresses I've narrowed it down to are $835 and $927. I hope to not need much in the way of alterations.

Congrats!
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I got mine at a consignment shop for $100. We were very poor back then and that's all we could afford. I love it and it looked beautiful on me, perfect fit right off the rack. I took it back to the consignment shop after the wedding and resold it.
  • vicky1804
    vicky1804 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Ebay £60 and love it
  • sktllmdrhmzz
    sktllmdrhmzz Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Stole mine from a dryer at the wash-o-rama.
  • TLEIGH33777
    TLEIGH33777 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    281800_10150708798040237_7258364_n.jpg

Love this picture!
  • HallerFitness
    Options
    I wore a bright blue dress that I got at Cache in the mall!

IMG_1876.jpg
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I got mine about 5 years ago at David's Bridal.
  • lamilli09
    lamilli09 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Have you looked at oncewed.com?

It's a blogging site chock full of DIY wedding stuff (think pinterest for weddings)... but the original purpose of the site was for women to sell their wedding dresses (hence, once wed) after they wear them. Most of these are designer dresses but there are quite a few handmade and vintage gowns as well.

And the best part? Most women sell their dresses at a deeply discounted rate of what they paid for the dress.

Good luck!

Edited: and, before I forget, some of the dresses I see for sale have never been worn - either due to a cancelled wedding, change of size, change of venue, etc.
  • EmilyRanae22
    EmilyRanae22 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    congrats!

got mine for 400 at David's Bridal, they are always having sales! My bestie found hers a David's, tired it on, then searched for it online and got it cheaper
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    <<< A fabulous boutique in Leawood, KS (near where I live) called Emily Hart Bridal. My dress was $1,800. Worth every penny! I was so in love with it! No one in the city wore the same dress as I did on my wedding day. I know this because the designer is exclusive to EH, and no one had purchased the dress but me! The designer is Lis Simon.