Ladies: Whats my bra size now???????????????

Options
13»

Replies

• Julienetan
    Options
    i am not sure but my bra read D cup
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I'd just go get measured!

I lost like 10 pounds and went from a 34B to a 36C...
    Now my bras are soooooooooooooooooo much comfier
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Measurement under the boobs is your band size; I was a 44DDD before losing 53 lbs. I got fitted @ Macy's - am now a 36G comfortably and am working towards a 34. My measurement is 35 around now & I'm in the last row of hooks on my band. You should buy the band tight so that once it gives, you have additional rows to use. Bra's are supposed to have a six month life - that's it. I've found that Wacoal bra's are the best fitting, they don't move, they keep their support & shape. A bit on the pricey side, but well worth it! I agree with others - go get fitted. It's a little embarrassing, but oh well. so is the gyne ;)
  • Francesca3162
    Francesca3162 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I used to work at a lingerie store so I've measured a lot of women for bras. I found the easiest way was not to measure under the bust, but to measure above the bust. Bring the take measure around your back like normal but bring it up under your armpits instead and right above your cleavage. The number you get is your band size. Then measure over the fullest part of your bust. For however many inches you are above the band size you add a cup. For instance, if you measure 35 band and your breast measurement is a 39 then your bra size would be 36C (3 inch difference). If you're more comfortable going to a 34 since you're right in the middle in band size, then you would want to go 34D. When you go up in band size the size of the cup goes up a little as well. When you go down in band size the cup size goes down a little. Hope this helps. :smile:

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    I think this is what you're looking for to calculate bra size:

http://www.atlastravel.nazwa.pl/mini/
  • babygyrl85
    Options
    You should go to Dillards, or Macy's and get fitted. Where I live there's a boutique where you get measured, and can order your bras if she doesn't have your size in the store. Or, you can go on this site called bare neccessities, they have a measurement scale on there.
  • Carfoodel
    Carfoodel Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    for the OP you were saying that you weren't sure about somewhere local in the UK - I got a bra fitting in Debenhams - I was wearing 44DD and it turned out I am actually a 38F, what a difference to the comfort (and so much easier to get bras in that size)
  • BernadetteChurch
    BernadetteChurch Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    for the OP you were saying that you weren't sure about somewhere local in the UK - I got a bra fitting in Debenhams - I was wearing 44DD and it turned out I am actually a 38F, what a difference to the comfort (and so much easier to get bras in that size)

Isn't it amazing when you find your true bra size? I had a fitting at Bravissimo not long after I'd been to M&S and the difference was incredible. And wearing the right bra does wonders for your figure!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Each bra is different too. I just used an online tool and got 38g. But I'd been out shopping and decided I needed 36dd. Ordered online and it fit perfectly. First correctly fitted bra in years. Including store fit ones.
  • Caitlinhappymeal
    Caitlinhappymeal Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Can't you just go and try loads of different sizes on in a cubicle and just see which one feels the most comfortable? X