What time do YOU work out?

Options

Replies

• BeckySBowen
    BeckySBowen Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    In the evenings. After teaching all day (125+ kids) and coming home with my own three, it doubles as a "getaway"...the longer, the better! :laugh:
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    7-8pm after the gym crowd starts to die down.
  • kimberliiw
    kimberliiw Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I have to be at work at 4 a.m. so no morning workout for me. I work out at home, usually around 6 or 7.
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    I have to do it ght after work, NO excuses or I won't do it. I can't get up any earlier so morning workouts are out.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    As soon as I get my daughter to school. I'm already up and out, so gotta maintain momentum, or I'll go straight to work and never work out.
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I've never been able to do morning work outs.

Actually back in college we practiced from 6 AM until 8 AM and I despised it. But that was forced and I didn't have a choice. I could never get up to work out, I am a night person. Because of my current schedule I normally work out late at night but my favorite time to work out is before dinner so I can eat as much as I want at dinner without feeling guilty, the benefit to working out at night is I can burn off any extra calories for the day
  • kalawhon
    kalawhon Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I workout at home.
    I have to be up by 4:20 just to get ready for work by 6:30 am (I work 4/10's) and get my son ready for school, so that leads me to have to workout later at night. After I get home by 6 pm, cook, tend to son, clean up and get him in the bed by 8, usually I'm working out around 8/8:30-10/10:30 at night and do it all over again the next day for 6 days a week!

A lot of dedication and hard work squeezed in there, but It works! :)
  • SweetMe1
    SweetMe1 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I work out on a stationary bike for 30 minutes every morning after I get up, usually around 5am-6am.

I walk at different time during the day, often arriving at work an hour early to walk, including up and down stairs.

I go to the gym after work. It's not as busy then. I go straight home, shower, and fix dinner.

This is working well for me.
  • jonwv
    jonwv Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    i usually work out in the evenings...between 5-9...whenever i can..lol
  • branson101
    branson101 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm a at-home exerciser too. I wait until after dinner then jump on my bike. I pop on a TV show and and push myself to make it to the next commercial break to push my physical limits.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Mon thru Fri, mid morning from 10:30 to 11:30. Thankfully my gym is right here at work so I can get a good 45-50 minutes in, take a quick shower, fix my bangs and come back to my desk within the hour. Once in a while I go later in the day if I have a meeting.

On the weekends it varies depending on what I've got going on and the weather.
  • csuhar
    csuhar Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I work out M/W/F at the start of my work day, thanks to being in the military and having mandatory physical training.

But my personal workouts tend to be in the afternoon and evening. In the on-base gym, we actually have an inverse situation to what yours seems to be. Usually we're crowded before work and then everybody's heading home right after work. So the gym tends to be open after work and pretty much empty past 8 PM.

Part of why I really prefer afternoon / evening workouts is relieving stress from the day and the increased ability for me to focus. When I exercise in the morning, I'm constantly looking at my watch to be sure I'm not going to be late for work. But my evenings and nights are free, so I'm able to focus on my exercise and not on my watch.
  • Spartan_Maker
    Spartan_Maker Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    In a perfect world, around 4:00 PM. This is the time of day when our body temperatures are generally the highest and exercise output is enhanced.
  • athenagv
    Options
    i wake up at 4:30am CST.....do my calisthenics & strength for anywhere from 10-30min...then go for a run for 30min...usually do at least 2miles, but if i finish the 2miles in less the 20 min...I'll walk the rest of the time....as a cool down. then shower and get myself ready for work and my oldest ready for school!

if i have time in the afternoons after work and supper or if i miss my workout in the morning....i'll wait for everyone to go to bed and the my routine in the evening.

but i do prefer the mornings. it energizes me and everyone is still asleep you i can enjoy my workout w/o interruption!

Hope it helps :D
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I usually work out when the children are in bed at night; however, if I know that I will be busy I get up and do it early. So, in short... whenever I can!
  • alienrite
    alienrite Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    5am every work day. It sucked at first but I made myself do something, even 15 minutes. 12 weeks later I look forward to my time in the morning and regularly wake before my alarm. The best part is that I feel great all day long. The thought of working out and then trying to sleep seems like wasting a good buzz
  • athenagv
    Options
    i totally wish we had this at my work!!!!! it would be so ideal!
  • alienrite
    alienrite Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I workout at home
  • athenagv
    Options
    i totally wish we had this at my work!!!!! it would be so ideal!

sorry....this is a reply to MinnieInMaine!
  • sin485
    sin485 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    morning always the morning for a few reasons.

1. the gym is at its least crowded at this time
    2. it gets it out of the way. if i leave it til later theres more chance something will come up and i wont do it.