wedding dress disaster

Options
ok so this has nothing to do with weightloss but i need help lol.. i went to a yard sale and bought a bag full of wedding dress fabric for 7 bucks.. the lady said its already premade all you have to do is sew it back up the side.. well i got it all out and my head is spinning.. its all in peices and i have no idea were to start.. i dont know how to sew lol.. any one know what to do wit this mess... how to make it a dress again...

Replies

• rhvandan
    Options
    Insert cam A into slot B, twist until locking mechanism D is inserted fully against peg Q...
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    ok so this has nothing to do with weightloss but i need help lol.. i went to a yard sale and bought a bag full of wedding dress fabric for 7 bucks.. the lady said its already premade all you have to do is sew it back up the side.. well i got it all out and my head is spinning.. its all in peices and i have no idea were to start.. i dont know how to sew lol.. any one know what to do wit this mess... how to make it a dress again...

You don't know how to sew. So you bought a dress to sew. And you don't know how to put it together. Here's what you do with it, you've got two options:

1. Take it to someone that knows what they're looking at
    2. Burn it.
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    You are kidding, right?
  • untouchable86
    Options
    looking for advice from someone thats has made there own wedding dress! wasnt looking for smart *kitten* comments!!!! and actually my soon to be mother in law bought it for me.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    Step 1- put it back into the bag
    Step 2- walk the bag out to the trash
    Step 3- put it in the trash

Good luck!
  • untouchable86
    Options
    look if you dont know how to sew or how to help dont comment on my post! THANKS
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    5946e145-5750-4f87-863a-5323071c48de.jpg
  • fcp1234
    Options
    looking for advice from someone thats has made there own wedding dress! wasnt looking for smart *kitten* comments!!!! and actually my soon to be mother in law bought it for me.

Ok..lets say that this is not a joke..and That there is somebody here that knows how to sew. How can they help you in here?
    If making a wedding dress with help from online friends is possible, I want to do it too !! Please let me know.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options

You don't know how to sew. So you bought a dress to sew. And you don't know how to put it together. Here's what you do with it, you've got two options:

2. Burn it.

^^
  • fcp1234
    Options

2. Burn it.

^^

kill soon to be mother in law too
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Your new mother in law kinda sucks for buying you $7 worth of random fabric and telling you to make your own dress even though you don't sew.

Maybe you just shouldn't be getting married.
  • untouchable86
    Options
    ya thanks
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options

2. Burn it.

^^

kill soon to be mother in law too

Channel 12 news at 6...Woman brutally murders MIL after given advice on internet.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    look if you dont know how to sew or how to help dont comment on my post! THANKS

Okay I'll bite. PM me if you want....
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options

2. Burn it.

Logic...it's wonderful!
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options

I was serious in taking it to a seamstress, they can be quite helpful. You can always say "the seamstress accidentally.........", might be your best bet in getting out of it?? In all honesty, I hope you're able to salvage this with out hurting her feelings. This is not the project you want to start sewing with!

**To buy the equipment you need to make it wwill run about $100 easy unless she gave you a sewing machine which probably won't have the ability to sew it properly.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

2. Burn it.

My thoughts exactly. :drinker:
  • Moofey2
    Moofey2 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Aww, poor original OP
  • rachelmorgan77
    rachelmorgan77 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Okay, master of the obvious comment...wedding dresses are really complicated. Really really complicated. So your best bet is to find a seamstress/tailor to help you out. Maybe call a dry cleaner or bridal store for referrals (depending on the size of town you live in). This being said, it could get pricey (do you even know what size the dress is?). It could quite possibly be cheaper to purchase a ready made gown.
  • untouchable86
    Options

I was serious in taking it to a seamstress, they can be quite helpful. You can always say "the seamstress accidentally.........", might be your best bet in getting out of it?? In all honesty, I hope you're able to salvage this with out hurting her feelings. This is not the project you want to start sewing with!

**To buy the equipment you need to make it wwill run about $100 easy unless she gave you a sewing machine which probably won't have the ability to sew it properly.
    she saw me looking at the fabric and knew i had been researching "how to make you own wedding gown".. i think by making it myself it would be a special touch.. the bag contains two dresses.. the top is complete on one of the dresses and the bottom is complete on the other one.. i just need to know how to peice them together.. but im getting no where with all the smartass people on here trying to be funny! i appreciate it everyone! its good to know theres still good hearted people out there!!!