My cat won't eat diet food or exercise.

Options
RedHeadDevotchka
RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
So, I thought I would ask people on here for help since this site has been so good to me and helping me lose weight. I decided to make my tabby cat go on a diet because he's 20 lbs, but he just isn't getting it.
Like, for example, I fed him an egg white omlette with some fruit on the side and he wouldn't eat it. I tried to give him a protein shake for lunch and he just looked at me like a crazy lady. I even tried mixing some whole wheat pasta in to his food and he just ate his regular kibble. It's like he doesn't care that he's fat, wtf?!
THEN, I put him on the treadmill and he didn't like that. In fact he just started sliding off and meowed at me. I was going to see if he would try a swimming class, but that seemed a bit pricey even for a cat.

Im out of ideas guys, what should I do????

Replies

• rivka_m
    rivka_m Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    I needed this today, thanks! :laugh:
  • kimberliiw
    kimberliiw Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I make my cat lift weights, just tie those suckers to her paws.

Seriously though my vet has mandated that she lose weight. I chase her around the house to get her some exercise. If only she would run on the treadmill. :grumble:
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • hellohappylisa
    hellohappylisa Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Hahaha
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Have you affixed a laser pointer to the treadmill?
  • Shannota
    Shannota Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Hmm, hadn't thought of that...I bet kitty aquacise would get their little hearts pumping!
  • MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Great ideas, may try that with my pooch cuz he needs to drop a few. I've subsituted carrots for his biscuits, he doesn't seem to mind as long as its people food!! As for the cat, mine loses a few ounces every time the dog is let out of his crate, He makes a beeline for her, she takes him all over the house, under the beds and over the furniture :bigsmile:

I'd just suggest heavy rubber gloves when walking toward the pool with your feline. If it's anything like mine, those claws dig in deep to avoid any kind of water!!: :noway:
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Mine comes out for walks. He's overweight but it's just heavy bones.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Get your kitty the 30 day furniture shred.
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    some felines just won't see how far gone they are. Until she needs to loosen the collar another notch u prob won't get thru to her. LMAO
  • vintagesquirrel
    Options
    So, I thought I would ask people on here for help since this site has been so good to me and helping me lose weight. I decided to make my tabby cat go on a diet because he's 20 lbs, but he just isn't getting it.
    Like, for example, I fed him an egg white omlette with some fruit on the side and he wouldn't eat it. I tried to give him a protein shake for lunch and he just looked at me like a crazy lady. I even tried mixing some whole wheat pasta in to his food and he just ate his regular kibble. It's like he doesn't care that he's fat, wtf?!
    THEN, I put him on the treadmill and he didn't like that. In fact he just started sliding off and meowed at me. I was going to see if he would try a swimming class, but that seemed a bit pricey even for a cat.

Im out of ideas guys, what should I do????

Looks like its time to ship him off to fat camp....

198487_4657355911407_1135580366_n.jpg
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options

Oh, is that out yet? I thought that wasn't coming out til next year. I'll get that as a late christmas present with a sweatsuit for him.
  • pumalama
    pumalama Posts: 140 Member
    Options

winner!
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    leave it out on a plate, and tell him "no". as soon as you turn your back, he will eat it.

cats are spiteful like that.
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    That's it my cat is so on a diet, so tired of having to smoke her some Salmon.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Juice the cat....
  • MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    You folks are just too funny! Very creative comments
    :laugh:
  • xoMeaghan
    Options
    Step one) Dollar store. Step two) Buy laser pointer. Step three) Circle it around his body and watch him do circles. Step four) Feel accomplished. Step five) Site back, eat an ice cream and watch The Biggest Loser
  • DocCollins_SFA
    Options
    Have you affixed a laser pointer to the treadmill?
    ^
    This!
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    my kitties do step aerobics, all over the furniture:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: