My cat won't eat diet food or exercise.

Options

Replies

• Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Every time my wife puts down the yoga mat our cat walks over to it and stretches.
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Every time my wife puts down the yoga mat our cat walks over to it and stretches.

But he's really fat and no amount of stretching will help!!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Get one of those nature videos for cats. One of my petsitting clients had one and her cats loved jumping at the tv when it was on, trying to get at the squirrels. Just remember, with all the cardio, your cat will build a lot of muscle and will eventually be able to knock your tv over!
  • birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Step one) Dollar store. Step two) Buy laser pointer. Step three) Circle it around his body and watch him do circles. Step four) Feel accomplished. Step five) Site back, eat an ice cream and watch The Biggest Loser

YEs this! We make our cat do laps up and down the hall with a laser pointer. i kinda feels sorry for him when he starts wheezing..he weighs about 25lbs. He says he's just big boned though..
  • healthyCAL
    healthyCAL Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    hire a dog to chase your cat
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    hire a dog to chase your cat
    ^----This is why my cat is skinny, the dog doesn't let her walk around, she must be chased =)
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    One word of advice..... hide the scale from your kitty.....mine step on it multiple times a day.
  • kimberliiw
    kimberliiw Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    My fat kitty won't chase the laser, too lazy. Also she has scale phobia, whenever I weigh her once a week she squirms around mewing and then I find her hiding in the closet eating kibbles and drinking beer.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Try HCG
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    fatcat.gif
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Stop feeding kibble. Let kitty hunt mice. It's exercise, and kitty needs increased protein to help drop the weight and build muscle.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    You actually did put your cat on the treadmill, didn't you? :laugh:
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    If you are really for true concerned about your cat and he is an indoor cat try limiting his food to 1/4 cup in the am and pm.

If you are joking well then well played LOL
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Your cat is trying to sabotage your weight loss, that furry little baxtard!
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    :huh: :bigsmile: :laugh::laugh: :laugh:
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Have you affixed a laser pointer to the treadmill?

Brilliant!
  • AliciaStaton
    AliciaStaton Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • KristysLosing
    Options
    Awesome! I think you should try Jazzercise. My cat really enjoys it and it works. :laugh:
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    LMFAO! I like the lazer pointer idea... cats go nuts... OR get her some cat nip she'll pretty much spazz for a while and tire herself out... not sure if thats a healthy weight loss way to do things though...they don't have diet milk or diet kibbles? Weird...
  • naculp
    naculp Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a typical cat to me! Carry on as normal I guess. Or attempt to NOT make him diet. Cats tend to do the opposite of what you want, or at least that's my experience with them

ETA: Have you created a profile for your kitty on here? That might help. If not, post pictures of cats. That is what the 'net was born to do